Hållander - Olofsson - Fagemo
Holtz - Gustafsson - Berggren
Gunler - Nässen - Raymond
Wernblom - Bäck - Grewe

Söderström - Boqvist
Sandin - Lundqvist
Ginning - Filip Johansson

Goalies??

Crazy that Dahlin could still play in next years tournament.

We had good teams every year since 2006, i wonder when this will stop. when is the dark age coming back?

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I haven't watched much but I believe he was mostly RW last season, and this season he's mostly been at LW. He's played the past 3 games on the left wing.

Funnily enough they demoted his brother the past 3 games after Lucas' issues with his coach. (Edit: 2 weeks later)

From what I've seen he's played RW the majority of this season too, and last 3 at RW. I try to check in from time to time when Luleå is at a break.

Swedish line-ups have left & right swapped for some god knows why reason.

Thank you guys. So the last three games, Elvenes has played back on the right side.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
From what I've seen he's played RW the majority of this season too, and last 3 at RW. I try to check in from time to time when Luleå is at a break.

This is how I remember it too, though I've only caught a part of one of Rogle's last three games.

So let's review the play of Elvenes:

Dominant 18 year old season in the SHL - playing as Right Wing.
0 points in first 6 games this year - playing as Left Wing.
Recent hot streak last 3 games - playing as Right Wing.

My question is, why does Monten keep trying to shift him to Left Wing? He did this for all 5 games of the summer showcase. It looks like another idiotic Monten move. Sweden's best Right Wing for the WJC should not be played out of position, IMO.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
I think you should get a closer look at Fagemo.

Thing that I don't like with Fagemo is that he has no history of high level play. Last season, he had a poor WC-18, was invisible in the pros, and even failed to impress in Superelit J20. Not a resume I want to take a chance on for the WJC team. It's true he's had a good 6 weeks in the SHL, but it's been on a red hot Frolunda team that's near the top of the league, and this recent stretch of play is all he has going for him. Fagemo will have to have a big performance for the NT next weekend to move the needle for me, and for Monten as well I think.

Sveningsson meanwhile is having an even better season, with 15 points in 15 games in Allsvenskan. He also had a very good season + playoffs in Superelite J20 last year. Right now, he just looks more ready to produce at the WJC level to me.

Jaguaren

Oct 23, 2018
Sweden lineup for their first game in the 4-nation tourney against Czech:

1. Ginning-S.Johansson
  2. T.Hedberg-Westerlund
  3. Lundkvist-F. Johansson
  4. V. Berglund
  1. Elvenes-Olofsson-Bemström
  2. Höglander-Holmberg-Svenningsson
  3. Hållander-Lycksell-Södergran
  4. Wernblom-Bäck-Sylvegård
  5. Fagemo
What’s your thoughts?

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!

1. Ginning-S.Johansson
  2. T.Hedberg-Westerlund
  4. V. Berglund
  5. Fagemo
What’s your thoughts?

It's been mentioned, but at forward I'd like to see Elvenes back on his better side (right wing).

Defence looks good. At forward, I'd roll a top 9 of:

Hållander-Olofsson-Bemström
Sveningsson-Holmberg-Elvenes
Höglander-Lycksell-Södergran

With Holmberg as the placeholder for Lundeström.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC

1. Ginning-S.Johansson
  2. T.Hedberg-Westerlund
  4. V. Berglund
  5. Fagemo
What’s your thoughts?

My thoughts?

Too many midgets! Needs more Hugo Leufvenius.

Reactions: Casablancas

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Defense looks Amazing on paper. A lot of depth up top but no real offensive edge.

Jaguaren

Oct 23, 2018
My thoughts?

Too many midgets! Needs more Hugo Leufvenius.
Leufvenius is not able to play this tournament.
I heard some rumors after the tournament in Örnsköldsvik that he probably won’t make the team. Might have changed now though after his strong start.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Leufvenius is not able to play this tournament.
I heard some rumors after the tournament in Örnsköldsvik that he probably won’t make the team. Might have changed now though after his strong start.

He’s done very well on a team with little offensive support. Deserves to make the December camp at the very least, in my humble opinion. Sweden is weakest on the left side this year.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
They gave Ginning the C in this 4-nations tournament. Safe to say he will make the final team....

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
people always complain about players like ginning before the tournament starts, then when the tournament is over everyone is always praising this type of players.....look at Englund, Nemeth, J.Pettersson....

Jaguaren

Oct 23, 2018
people always complain about players like ginning before the tournament starts, then when the tournament is over everyone is always praising this type of players.....look at Englund, Nemeth, J.Pettersson....
Not complaining on him, in my opinion he’s just a little bit overrated.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
My conclusions on the match:

Monten's "thoughts" of moving players out of position (as per the posted lineup above) were disastrous.

Elvenes playing out of position at left wing lost the puck multiple times along the left boards during this game. You could see his individual skill shining through in the neutral zone or with the puck on his stick, but this game for me proved again that he is significantly worse on the left wing. Monten needs to move him back to the right wing where he has been successful.

Sveningsson, as I predicted earlier in this thread, looked worse on the right wing than he has on the left in Allsvenskan.

Was waiting for Monten's epic line change, and finally with 10 minutes left in the third period, it came:

(Left wing) Elvenes - Bemström - Sveningsson (Right wing)

So now instead of just having Elvenes and Sveningsson out of position, he also had his only other elite winger Bemström playing as a C. All three players out of position, bravo.

This monstrosity lasted for about two (very poor) shifts, and then it was back to the same lines that had failed all game.

Samuel Ersson had himself a very poor game, and opened up the doors for OEE to solidify himself as the #1. We'll see how OEE performs.

Höglander was outmuscled in several key battles I noticed on the ice. I just don't think this is his year.

Holmberg won man of the match, while playing as a C. If Lundestrom makes the team, Holmberg would only be a left wing candidate. As is, I am warming up to the idea of him possibly playing C on a third scoring line.

Westerlund was pretty good today. Clearly recovered from his injury, still needs to shake some rust off his game but overall he was one of the better D on the ice.

S. Johansson had a poor game, but Monten likes this player so it probably won't matter much.

Fagemo was largely invisible, and then rifled in a powerplay goal late in the game by skating in unopposed and beating the goalie clean.

Sylvegård was one of the better Swedish forwards on the ice. He looked bigger than most of the Czechs, skated well, won most of his battles, and caused havoc in the offensive zone. Took a really dumb penalty in the third that killed all of Sweden's momentum though.

Wernblom was probably the worst forward on this ice for either team.

Södergran was a pleasant surprise. This team is very deep at RW, but he made a decent case for himself today. Nothing outstanding, just basic solid hockey plays.

OVerall, the entire team was very poor, which I would blame Monten for. The Czechs were very clearly the better team. Here's hoping for better hockey over the next two days.

Jaguaren

Oct 23, 2018
My conclusions on the match:

Monten's "thoughts" of moving players out of position (as per the posted lineup above) were disastrous.

Elvenes playing out of position at left wing lost the puck multiple times along the left boards during this game. You could see his individual skill shining through in the neutral zone or with the puck on his stick, but this game for me proved again that he is significantly worse on the left wing. Monten needs to move him back to the right wing where he has been successful.

Sveningsson, as I predicted earlier in this thread, looked worse on the right wing than he has on the left in Allsvenskan.

Was waiting for Monten's epic line change, and finally with 10 minutes left in the third period, it came:

(Left wing) Elvenes - Bemström - Sveningsson (Right wing)

So now instead of just having Elvenes and Sveningsson out of position, he also had his only other elite winger Bemström playing as a C. All three players out of position, bravo.

This monstrosity lasted for about two (very poor) shifts, and then it was back to the same lines that had failed all game.

Samuel Ersson had himself a very poor game, and opened up the doors for OEE to solidify himself as the #1. We'll see how OEE performs.

Höglander was outmuscled in several key battles I noticed on the ice. I just don't think this is his year.

Holmberg won man of the match, while playing as a C. If Lundestrom makes the team, Holmberg would only be a left wing candidate. As is, I am warming up to the idea of him possibly playing C on a third scoring line.

Westerlund was pretty good today. Clearly recovered from his injury, still needs to shake some rust off his game but overall he was one of the better D on the ice.

S. Johansson had a poor game, but Monten likes this player so it probably won't matter much.

Fagemo was largely invisible, and then rifled in a powerplay goal late in the game by skating in unopposed and beating the goalie clean.

Sylvegård was one of the better Swedish forwards on the ice. He looked bigger than most of the Czechs, skated well, won most of his battles, and caused havoc in the offensive zone. Took a really dumb penalty in the third that killed all of Sweden's momentum though.

Wernblom was probably the worst forward on this ice for either team.

Södergran was a pleasant surprise. This team is very deep at RW, but he made a decent case for himself today. Nothing outstanding, just basic solid hockey plays.

OVerall, the entire team was very poor, which I would blame Monten for. The Czechs were very clearly the better team. Here's hoping for better hockey over the next two days.
Olofsson didn’t even play much at all, who I think should be the leading center if not ducks letting Lundeström go. Also Hållander had limited ice time. Probably Montèn wants to test some players that doesn’t have a safe spot in the team, still thinks it’s pretty weird though.

From what I saw this game (no conclusions) I think Wernblom and Höglander is definitely not ready for this years WJC. Wernblom got big problems with his skating and he doesn’t even win many battles, which previously has been one of his biggest strengths. Höglander isn’t fully mature in his game in my opinion. Makes bad decisions, doesn’t win much battles. Also got some feelings that he might be lacking some hockey IQ.

Just some quick thoughts after the game.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
So the defense is pretty much set for the WJC? (Assuming Liljegren, Sandin & Brännström comes)

Liljegren
Brännström
Sandin
Ginning
Boqvist
Westerlund
Johansson

Barring injuries I'd be very surprised If Montén left any of the above out. Sandin, Westerlund and Ginning would be far from locks if I were to decide.

Reactions: Wings4Life

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Love what I saw from Elvenes against the Czechs. Most talented forward on this team by a mile.

That pinch (Tom Hedberg?) on the 1st Czech goal though, that was beer league level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad