SWE fans feel ashamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Chimp said:
Caz -> The real sinner is the man who threw the first stone.

But that isn't just to Caz. All Canadians ranting in here for example: have the Canadian team EVER played a game for real in round robin?

I'd say you were pretty loud when talking about the Ruutu case.
That was one man's actions.
Here we have the whole team SWE doing tricks.
Now I'm throwing stones?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
rohan said:
There was no waste of energy, but no effort on the Swedes part either. They got outshot 31-17, no matter how hard you play, a team as good as Sweden obviously wasn't trying if they get outshot by that margin.

Why should they be trying? Finland didn't try its hardest against Germany. Russia didn't against USA. USA didn't against Russia.

I would actually say that Sweden worked harder then Russia did against USA or Finland did against Germany.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
yarre said:
I am so proud over Sweden for doing this, our country is full of morale-preachers, I never thought they would dare, the finals is all that matters, not the groupgames!

This is weasel hockey. If Sweden didn't have such a loser mentality, they wouldn't care who they played. I'd be embarassed Sweden was my team.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Leo Naphta said:
First of all. The first sentence is a fragment. It bears repeating. He then answers the question by saying that Sweden SHOULD try and equalize. Surely you must be able to read your own translation to the question if Sweden should equalize:

"Actually I believe in a tie...
there's no problem. We can live with that. We try to practice things like that.
Practise 6-to-5 in a situation like that"

I translated the whole interview earlier in the thread.
I guess anyone can make their own minds, right?

sandels

Aug 2, 2005
Lake Bodom
There is no question IMO that Sweden lost on purpose tonight to get to play Switzerland. It was not about not giving 100%, which would be perfectly acceptable, but they actually avoided scoring goals so that they would lose the game.

That was a gutless and disgraceful performance and I only hope this comes back to bite them in their collective as*es. When you go to Olympics you are ready to face all the best opponents, you don't try to avoid anybody by losing on purpose.

Go Switzerland!!

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
Freudian said:
I don't think the coach instructed the players to do it. I do think a lot of the veteran players had a quiet agreement not to give 100%. You do what is best for the team, even if it means taking it easy to get a good QF draw.

And Slovakia didn't do much today either. Neither did Canada, Russia and Finland. Seven of the playoff teams started with their backup goalies today. Thats what you get when you have the quarterfinals the day after the last group matches.

That's your opinion, and you are entirely entitled to it. But I disagree.

It would be really funny if the Swiss managed to upset them.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Caz said:
I'd say you were pretty loud when talking about the Ruutu case.
That was one man's actions.
Here we have the whole team SWE doing tricks.
Now I'm throwing stones?
Ruutu's intent was pretty obvious (although it perhaps went worse then he really wanted), while you create a house out of some matches.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
sandels said:
There is no question IMO that Sweden lost on purpose tonight to get to play Switzerland. It was not about not giving 100%, which would be perfectly acceptable, but they actually avoided scoring goals so that they would lose the game.

That was a gutless and disgraceful performance and I only hope this comes back to bite them in their collective as*es. When you go to Olympics you are ready to face all the best opponents, you don't try to avoid anybody by losing on purpose.

Go Switzerland!!

BS, Lidas where close to tying the game. Inside of the post. Had the results gone their way its not like they would have scored into their own end.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Why is this thread still open and the Finland one was closed?

:dunno:

The whole point of this thread is for fins to troll it up to the Swedes.

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
Not trying in a game before the ones that count? Yeah, the Indy Colts did that in the NFL and look at them now. I believe momentum is a factor in sports, and losing a game right before a big one is not a good thing for momentum. It's even worse if you didn't try your best because it didn't matter.

Lionel Hutz said:
It would be really funny if the Swiss managed to upset them.

It wouldn't be funny at all.

It would be HI-larious.

I hope Patrice Della Rossa scores the game winner off Lundqvist's helmet, just to put the cherry on top of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->