SWE fans feel ashamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
Caz said:
Actually, if GER had had a chance to the QF by winning FIN today, do you think FIN had played like SWE today, just to avoid tougher opponent in the future games (meaning dropping CAN or CZE that way and letting GER advance)?

That would be a suitable comparison.

Ohm no, Germany had no chance to go to the QF no matter what the result was against Finland since they were 2 points behind both Canada and Czech Republic, if they had tied them, it is head to head first and they have lost to both teams. I know you are a typical swede-hater, alot of finns are as we can see in these threads but you should try with facts instead of lies.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
If Finland would lose on purpose i would start rooting for the Canadians for the rest of the olympics :shakehead

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Caz said:
The Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet has received
hundreds of comments just a few minutes after the
SWE-SVK game. The fans feel cheated and ashamed
of team SWE.

Aftonbladet set up a poll immediately the game was
over. The question asked was:
"Do you believe SWE lost on purpose?"

In 1 hour they received over 24000 votes completely
crushing the SWE team.
(Attached pic from Aftonbladet's poll.)

Whaddaya say? Olympic spirit at it's best?

:whine:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Caz said:
SWE lost on purpose.
There's a difference.

And a real show of the Olympic spirit.

Happy Swedish fans after the game can
be found on http://www.aftonbladet.se/.

Click on "TV Fansen rasar" link.
Yeah, "Aftonbladet" surely is the right place to go for the "truth" :biglaugh: It was them who quoted Bengt-Ã…ke wrong in the first place and started this whole mess for cheap news that will sell.

Caz -> :cry:

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
yarre said:
Ohm no, Germany had no chance to go to the QF no matter what the result was against Finland since they were 2 points behind both Canada and Czech Republic, if they had tied them, it is head to head first and they have lost to both teams. I know you are a typical swede-hater, alot of finns are as we can see in these threads but you should try with facts instead of lies.

If you read my comment a second time, it says "had had a chance".
In Swedish "hade haft en chans".

freppa

Feb 21, 2006
Chimp said:
Yeah, "Aftonbladet" surely is the right place to go for the "truth" :biglaugh: It was them who quoted Bengt-Ã…ke wrong in the first place and started this whole mess for cheap news that will sell.

indeed.

None of this would have happened if aftonbladet would have stuck to real journalism.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Chimp said:

You have dbl standards, little friend.
As I remember, you were deeming Ruutu
straight to h*ll.

I'm not saying Aftonbladet is the absolute truth.
But the voters in the poll are hardly all working
for the paper.

More than 35000 votes and 76% of them say
"foul play". These are Swedes.

Go figure.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
You want truth we didn't lose intentionally? Could you find Ronnie Sundin in the lineup? No? He was scratched! :D

End of obvious proof that Sweden didn't try to lose.

busybuzz

Oct 10, 2005
I can't say I blame Team Sweden for not giving it their all in a virtually meaningless game.

They certainly did not play well, but frankly I do not think they've been playing that well throughout the entire tournament.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Chimp said:
You want truth we didn't lose intentionally? Could you find Ronnie Sundin in the lineup? No? He was scratched! :D

End of obvious proof that Sweden didn't try to lose.

Actually Ronnie played. He was even on the PP at one point. :biglaugh:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Caz said:
straight to h*ll.

for the paper.
No, but the voters are obviously biased after reading AB:s headlines: "Scandal!" "B-Ã… wants to lose!" etc...

Those polls are always showing what Aftonbladet want, because there's a ton of biased voters always voting there.

As for Ruutus tackle, that is history. He received his penalty. End of story.

mytor4*

Chimp said:
Indeed. Stop your whining all of those who rant down on Sweden, while YOUR OWN TEAM have done exactly the same today. Any team somewhat not resting for the QF is a stupid team.

Switzerland didn't play to their capacity. Sweden didn't play to their capacity. Finland didn't. Russia didn't. ALL teams played their backup goalies and rightly so.

Sweden didn't intentionally lose, but neither did we give 100%, just as everybody else. The game was pointless and everybody knew it.

As for the ranting on B-Ã…, all he said was that he wanted the game to end 0-0 (draw). He didn't want to lose, but he didn't care that much about winning either, as the game was POINTLESS. B-Ã… thought it was ankward to probably tell his team not to care about winning tonight, but to be prepared for the game tomorrow.

All of you only whining on Sweden but no other team, you're just jelaous we apparently got the easiest QF, at least on paper.

bs . team canada went out and won today even if it meant facing the russians in the first round.now all we need is to see sweden lose in the first rd. it would be so fitting for them for throwing a game.

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
I think they did the right thing. Would you rather be team russia and get bounced in the Q's? while being the 2nd or the 3rd best team.

freppa

Feb 21, 2006
Caz said:
straight to h*ll.

for the paper.

But the voters have been fed the notion that Sweden might opt to fold the game. If they hadn't, they would just have labeled it a horrible game.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Chimp said:
No, but the voters are obviously biased after reading AB:s headlines: "Scandal!" "B-Ã… wants to lose!" etc...

Those polls are always showing what Aftonbladet want, because there's a ton of biased voters always voting there.

As for Ruutus tackle, that is history. He received his penalty. End of story.

So Aftonbladet's story about Ruutu was bad journalism?
I guess if Ruutu is one "bad" guy in FIN team,
SWE doesn't have one "good" guy in the team.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
mytor4 said:
proud of them chickens@%ts for throwing a game. glad your not canadian.

Tell me why Sweden should have played their best at a worthless game when they have a important game the day after? And I wouldnt want to be canadian either, trying to hurt players to win games like you did in the final in Finland, that is nothing I could ever support.

Losing a game that means nothing is nothing compared to that.

MassiveHabs

Jan 10, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
I like(d) Team Sweeden and I still do to a certain extent, but if they did truly not come out to play, then like many other posters said its a disgrace. I didn't get to watch the game so I dont really know, but if that is the case I hope the swiss stomp a mudhole in sweeden tommorow.

:shakehead

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Sher-Wood said:
And what have the Canadian team been up to so far...?

I'm not sure what kind of answer you are looking for here. They have just been playing bad, they are not playing at this level intentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->