Post-Game Talk: SWAJ

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Gagner has 12 years of NHL experience....Benson has 2 games
Experience matters.

Gagner also doesnt have the same risk of having his confidence damaged by playing against the other teams best dmen.
I honestly dont understand the drama being created around this decision.

Tippet is a smart coach. He probably understood Benson was not quite ready so he sheltered him. That is a good thing. Unless we want to see what happens when we put guys that are not ready into roles? I mean that has worked since 06 right?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Experience matters.

Gagner also doesnt have the same risk of having his confidence damaged by playing against the other teams best dmen.
I don't think it was a confidence thing. If they were worried about confidence playing him almost not at all for 2 games and sending him down might be a bad idea.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Experience matters.

No kidding. f*** the drama here is unreal. We talk about proper development. A guy earns a cup of coffee. Gets one to have a look at the NHL pace for several days and takes a few spins. Now he can go work on what it will take to be an NHL top nine every day player. To me it’s refreshing. This team is in a playoff race for Christ’s sake.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Yamamoto looked ready to go right out of the gate and did well.

Benson does not. More percolating required, IMO.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
No kidding. **** the drama here is unreal. We talk about proper development. A guy earns a cup of coffee. Gets one to have a look at the NHL pace for several days and takes a few spins. Now he can go work on what it will take to be an NHL top nine every day player. To me it’s refreshing. This team is in a playoff race for Christ’s sake.

Couldnt agree more. :nod:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
No kidding. **** the drama here is unreal. We talk about proper development. A guy earns a cup of coffee. Gets one to have a look at the NHL pace for several days and takes a few spins. Now he can go work on what it will take to be an NHL top nine every day player. To me it’s refreshing. This team is in a playoff race for Christ’s sake.
giphy.gif

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't think it was a confidence thing. If they were worried about confidence playing him almost not at all for 2 games and sending him down might be a bad idea.

Having a young player spend time and practice with the big team and get to play (sheltered) in a couple of games in his home town is hardly a bad idea.

How on earth could that negatively impact his confidence?

Reactions: TB12

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
A&W is far superior with their bacon and eggers....but for me there is a local diner in Red Deer called Queens diner that makes the best breakfast sandwich I have ever had. The bulk of the food at McDonalds I can only eat if I am in a certain mood.
Ya local diners are always delicious! Nickys cafe here in Regina makes fantastic breakfast sandwiches as well. My stomach hasn’t felt great since the McDonald’s lol.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
A&W is far superior with their bacon and eggers....but for me there is a local diner in Red Deer called Queens diner that makes the best breakfast sandwich I have ever had. The bulk of the food at McDonalds I can only eat if I am in a certain mood.
McDonald’s is my guilty pleasure. Love that shit.

Reactions: TB12

3IR

Feb 12, 2019

So maybe Neal isn’t ready?

hopefully precautionary and he either sits on the bench or comes in for khaira

pratt

Oct 8, 2019
Edmonton

100% agree with this. It's its own category of craving. When I want a burger, I want a real burger, either BBQ at home, Red Robin's (RIP), or harveys, a&w, Wendy's for fast food options ). McDonald's doesn't even come into the conversation cause it's something different, But when you want a Big Mac only a Big Mac will do (I guess Original Joes has a version and Whitespot used to -- probably still do)

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Cave up and Khaira down would be a reasonable move (which Holland won't do)... OR maybe a trade is in the works.

3rd scenario... there's your 1st line centre replacement for McDavid.

All hail Cave.

Probably time for a Granlund callup again as well... hopefully he's got his head out of his ass after that demotion as he looks to be playing decently in Bako.

Reactions: 3IR

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Cave up and Khaira down would be a reasonable move (which Holland won't do)... OR maybe a trade is in the works.

3rd scenario... there's your 1st line centre replacement for McDavid.

All hail Cave.

Probably time for a Granlund callup again as well... hopefully he's got his head out of his ass after that demotion as he looks to be playing decently in Bako.

Why would sending Khaira down be reasonable when we could just shop him instead? Plenty of teams looking for a big bottom-6 player with some skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad