Post-Game Talk: SWAJ

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
massive massive win

Oilers looked dead to rights until the fluke goal...now sit 1 point back of the division lead

Nashville deserved a better fate and were 10 second from going into the intermission up 2-0...but that's hockey

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hangovers- chocolate milk and a Big Mac, your welcome
Is this the cure or the cause?

My stomach isn't so sure..;)

For the long haul drivers in the crowd grab some mountain trail mix from Superstore. 5 bucks a bag right now, you can basically live on that stuff for extended periods and Not have to make um, stops all the time.. Also my mainstay for backcountry hiking. One bag and I can live on it for days. Most people pack all this freeze dried meal shit and spend a lot of time and energy trying to prepare it. Trail mix is the bomb. Hungry? Just dip your hand in the bag. Easier than chewing tobacco..

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
I agree with all of this. This organization 110% cannot be trusted when it comes to the health of their players. Not at all. It doesn't mean that the outcome will be bad, but there is zero use in even listening to them regarding health updates.
Your totally right, the organization should be more open like the mact era and telegraph every little move with complete transparency. Of course they're gonna play it close to the vest, why do you think injury reports have degraded to upper and lower body injuries. Every team operates this way . they're not in the business of providing the other team an advantage on who to target and how.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Since November, I've noticed that there is very little / no communication in our end when we're being pressed. Earlier part of the season, Smith was a traffic cop the nights he played and that caught on with the rest of the Dmen. Now it seems everyone has taken a vow of silence and players are left to their own wits in managing the puck (not a good thing most times).
I was at the Sharks game watching in disappointment as Kosk and the Dmen were continually being "surprised" by shooters and checkers. Not a sign of good play at all. They need to address that....soon!

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018

For the long haul drivers in the crowd grab some mountain trail mix from Superstore. 5 bucks a bag right now, you can basically live on that stuff for extended periods and Not have to make um, stops all the time.. Also my mainstay for backcountry hiking. One bag and I can live on it for days. Most people pack all this freeze dried meal **** and spend a lot of time and energy trying to prepare it. Trail mix is the bomb. Hungry? Just dip your hand in the bag. Easier than chewing tobacco..
Well it used to work when I was drinking til dawn and sleeping til noon, that was back in my 20’s and you couldn’t get a Big Mac til noon. ;)

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Took them a while to remember what to do in hockey games but they finally got it. Full team needs to play better in the next game. Hopefully this one gets them started on good things. Huge victory!

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Your totally right, the organization should be more open like the mact era and telegraph every little move with complete transparency. Of course they're gonna play it close to the vest, why do you think injury reports have degraded to upper and lower body injuries. Every team operates this way . they're not in the business of providing the other team an advantage on who to target and how.

Just to be clear, I don't expect, nor would I want, the team to tell the fans very much about injuries. Why would they tell us? It gives them no competitive advantage to tell us, and I want them to glean every ounce of advantage they can find.

All I'm saying is that people who are relieved because the coach said our star player isn't injured, should maybe rethink whether they should trust the information the coach is handing out.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
There is zero chance...zero! That McDavid would’ve have played the game if there was any concern. Yeah he’s probably a little banged up but in the 2nd intermission I guarantee you that they would’ve gone over everything. The fact that he cane out and played a regular shift in the 3rd is a good sign.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Just to be clear, I don't expect, nor would I want, the team to tell the fans very much about injuries. Why would they tell us? It gives them no competitive advantage to tell us, and I want them to glean every ounce of advantage they can find.

All I'm saying is that people who are relieved because the coach said our star player isn't injured, should maybe rethink whether they should trust the information the coach is handing out.
The truth shall be revealed on tuesday at about 6:55 pm . Till then it's a smoke show.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Watching Chiasson & Gagner with McDavid makes me miss Neal.

Watching them makes me miss good hockey players. They were doing good in the bottom 6, where they belong. This has been this teams problem for the past 14 years, playing guys above their skill level.

Reactions: Faelko

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Benson was not good. He had 4 unforced turnovers - in our zone - and again behind the play most shifts when he didn’t turn it over because he doesn’t appear to have NHL wheels. He certainly doesn’t have NHL acceleration.

Tippett addressed his usage of the 4th line tonight in his post game presser and it made sense.
Crazy because you could swap out Bensons name with Gagner and add about 10+ minutes of ice time into your post and it reads the same because Gagner has no NHL wheels or NHL acceleration and yet Tippett was fine with hindering Mcdavid with a player who has no future here outside of spot fill ins for the rest of this year.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Mind blowing. Until today I only heard of people like you lol jk. That’s fair. To each their own.
A&W is far superior with their bacon and eggers....but for me there is a local diner in Red Deer called Queens diner that makes the best breakfast sandwich I have ever had. The bulk of the food at McDonalds I can only eat if I am in a certain mood.

Reactions: tardigrade81

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Crazy because you could swap out Bensons name with Gagner and add about 10+ minutes of ice time into your post and it reads the same because Gagner has no NHL wheels or NHL acceleration and yet Tippett was fine with hindering Mcdavid with a player who has no future here outside of spot fill ins for the rest of this year.

Gagner has 12 years of NHL experience....Benson has 2 games
Experience matters.

Gagner also doesnt have the same risk of having his confidence damaged by playing against the other teams best dmen.
I honestly dont understand the drama being created around this decision.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015

For the long haul drivers in the crowd grab some mountain trail mix from Superstore. 5 bucks a bag right now, you can basically live on that stuff for extended periods and Not have to make um, stops all the time.. Also my mainstay for backcountry hiking. One bag and I can live on it for days. Most people pack all this freeze dried meal **** and spend a lot of time and energy trying to prepare it. Trail mix is the bomb. Hungry? Just dip your hand in the bag. Easier than chewing tobacco..
And such a healthy snack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad