Svitov V. Olesz

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Every scouting report I read on Olesz says pretty much the same thing that Svitov's did in his draft year. Its starting to look, to me, like Svitov isn't going to make alot of noise in the NHL. Is Olesz more talented than Svitov? Do you think he will be a better player? Why?

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
IMO, svitov started to look a lot better in his last 10 games (before he got hurt). Him and Zherdev seemed to play well off each other, dont write him off just yet!

JF Omalycat

CBJ Express
Jul 8, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Yup.
He didn't impress me much at first, but with responsibility, his game really started to come on. Playing with Zherdev helped.
Defensively he's pretty solid, though, especially considering his age.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
rt said:
Every scouting report I read on Olesz says pretty much the same thing that Svitov's did in his draft year. Its starting to look, to me, like Svitov isn't going to make alot of noise in the NHL. Is Olesz more talented than Svitov? Do you think he will be a better player? Why?

I believe Olesz is a little more talented offensively. Svitov was decent enough offensively when he was drafted to get taken top 5 I know, but still i think Olesz is the more offensive player. With that said Svitov I believe is more of defensive forward with good size and strength.

Bobby Holik always came to mind when talking about Svitov....Olesz maybe has a little more offense and a little less defense

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Svitov is also viewed as more nasty and intense of a player.... we all heard of the his thing punching Forster's head and spitting on him....

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I really like Svitov's upside. He has a load of talent and a mean streak. Plus he is 6'3 and doesn't play like a pansy.

dumpnchase

Apr 24, 2004
California
rt said:

Give Svitov sometime he will be fine he's only 21 and you don't say that a prospect is a bust this early. Keep in mind he is adjusting to a new life.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
cheesymc said:
Svitov is also viewed as more nasty and intense of a player.... we all heard of the his thing punching Forster's head and spitting on him....

I thought it was Sutherby that he spit on during the WJC

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Tuggy said:
I really like Svitov's upside. He has a load of talent and a mean streak. Plus he is 6'3 and doesn't play like a pansy.
I also read that Olesz has an in your face style too. He should be a future all-star. Olesz seems to be real good player, but I do agree you have to give Svitov more time. You dont go third overall for nothing. Olesz could play a huge role on a team like Chicago right away though. I'd love to watch him and Ruutu on a line together.

RDriesen

May 22, 2002
Visit site
i really liked what i saw in svitov in his short time with the jackets. sure, he probably will never be a first liner, but he is gonna be a very solid 2nd liner for many years

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Vlad - MacLean said he has been conditioning and

attending skating(speed) training already this offseason.

When he got to Cbus he was out of shape... seemed to get gassed in half a shift,
by the end of his time, say the last 10 games he was playing harder, and was more of a force.. some pretty sweet passes.

Has not shown the nasty streak he is known for yet in Cbus..

If Olesz falls to us we have to take him, guys like him are top 5 picks for a reason, they play with skill, have size and grit. Columbus is a soft team, Sveets, and Olesz can change that. Adding Olesz to our top two lines will not hurt us, if Barker is gone as projected.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Blew Smoke said:
attending skating(speed) training already this offseason.

When he got to Cbus he was out of shape... seemed to get gassed in half a shift,
by the end of his time, say the last 10 games he was playing harder, and was more of a force.. some pretty sweet passes.

Has not shown the nasty streak he is known for yet in Cbus..

If Olesz falls to us we have to take him, guys like him are top 5 picks for a reason, they play with skill, have size and grit. Columbus is a soft team, Sveets, and Olesz can change that. Adding Olesz to our top two lines will not hurt us, if Barker is gone as projected.

I'd rather have Tukonen then Olesz, but if we draft Olesz I wouldn't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->