Value of: Sven Baertschi

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Baer is not soft. Watch some of his goals on YouTube

I did this, I probably wouldn't call him soft but calling him a perimeter player is very accurate. I watched a season's worth of his goals in his best season almost all of them are either him getting to open space or skating in late and cashing in on a rebound because he has eluded the defense. They were good plays, smart plays. What I don't see any of, is any kind of physical play when scoring his goals, that's not his game. He is a perimeter player, evade, elude, make the play. That is when he is at his best. I didn't see one single time where he fought through a check to make a play. He only had a couple of goals where contact was involved, one was a really nice play where he was racing another player for the puck and another was where the puck bounced off him and into the net.

I don't know if he's soft but he plays a soft game.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
If healthy he’s clearly an NHLer - a tweener 2nd/3rd liner who could get top 9 minutes on plenty of teams. But his concussion issues are very scary, they could easily resurface and might have him playing a cautious game. Relatively high salary doesn’t help either. I expect him to clear waivers.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
no one took him for free lol.

Canucks could retain salary to make it easier. I think once the season ends he will have shown what he really is - either injury prone, or a ~50 point 2nd liner, which IMO is worth at least a 3rd.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Pearson shot at a completely unsuitable rate and was absolutely terrible in LA and Pittsburgh last season.

He’s a tweener the same way Baertschi is.
Last season in LA/Pitts yes. He was amazing when the 70's line was clicking years back. He's only 27, I'm banking on him returning to that form. The chemistry with Horvat and his size, making him a better option than Baertschi though. Ridiculous to even consider sending him down with Eriksson, Motte, Schaller etc in the NHL.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Last season in LA/Pitts yes. He was amazing when the 70's line was clicking years back. He's only 27, I'm banking on him returning to that form. The chemistry with Horvat and his size, making him a better option than Baertschi though. Ridiculous to even consider sending him down with Eriksson, Motte, Schaller etc in the NHL.

Yeah I don’t know why people are slamming Pearson. He’s clearly an NHL player unlike the others

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
That’s pretty much his career average with the exception of his time last season prior to arriving in Vancouver.

He had a real tough start in LA and Pittsburgh last year, then rebounded with the Canucks. I expect him to bounce back to, you said, about his career average. Pretty solid player on a decent deal, not really sure how we got him straight up for Gudbranson.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
So can we close the book on this worthless player? This should hopefully eliminate his name in Nuck trades

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Amazing is complete hyperbole. He looked like a decent 3rd kog on an effective line.

Baertschi has chemistry with Horvat as well.

The thing with your last sentence is the same could be said about Baertschi.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
If Colorado was interesting what Vancouver need in return?
LHD vet for Baertschi

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
You’re an oilers fan trashing literally anyone else’s wingers. Lol k

Yet they were right.

Who would've thought a fan of a team with bad wingers would be correctly able to identify that teams wouldn't want to claim a player with health injuries, a substantial cap hit and term.

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
Frolik for Baertschi + 5th, lets go.
If you remember correctly he left Calgary for playing time. He started good for Calgary but never stayed consistent enough for the team to keep him full time in the NHL. Not sure if he would like a return to Calgary.

Aug 3, 2010
If you remember correctly he left Calgary for playing time. He started good for Calgary but never stayed consistent enough for the team to keep him full time in the NHL. Not sure if he would like a return to Calgary.
In all honesty, he may still not get that playing time in Calgary anyways. Baertschi is still a decent player (injury history aside) but Calgary has players knocking on the door (Quine, Dube) in addition to their regular bottom-9 lineup.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
At the time the Flames traded him away I was pretty disappointed but boy am I glad we got Andersson with that pick.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Benning will probably package Baertschi with a pick and get a 23 year old who hasn't established themselves as an NHLer.

Baertschi + 4th for Ho Sang?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad