Waived: Canucks place F Sven Baertschi on waivers (Dec 15)

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yeah, I was too scared to face the possibility

A player that has had like 5 concussions doesn’t just get “sick” overnight for no reason, especially when he was playing in the last minute of the game, prior. Green saying what he said makes him look like a complete moron and really shows how clueless everyone involved in this situation is. It’s like the Juolevi situation all over again.

Incompetent idiots all over this franchise.

Reactions: geebaan

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
A player that has had like 5 concussions doesn’t just get “sick” overnight for no reason, especially when he was playing in the last minute of the game, prior. Green saying what he said makes him look like a complete moron and really shows how clueless everyone involved in this situation is. It’s like the Juolevi situation all over again.

At this point I'm expecting them to announce that Edler actually is undergoing a full facial transplant and his career is over.

You literally can't believe a word these muppets say about injuries.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
At this point I'm expecting them to announce that Edler actually is undergoing a full facial transplant and his career is over.

I’m surprised they diagnosed it as a concussion as soon as they did. I was expecting Edler to play 10 games before sitting out.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Ugh, horrible news for Sven. I hope he can still lead a regular life. That's all I care about at this point for him...

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta

Buy out the contract and let him rest at home.Its time to move on from him.Id rather not see him get another serious one while playing.Time to find some one who can help this team score more goals.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Buy out the contract and let him rest at home.Its time to move on from him.Id rather not see him get another serious one while playing.Time to find some one who can help this team score more goals.

Yep, he's never shown that he can be a consistent Top-6 forward, or consistently stay in the lineup. He simply doesn't have a long term future with this franchise and should be looking out for his long-term health and family—you don't want to end up like Johan Franzen.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

Im still waiting for the announcement that Pettersson is undergoing knee surgery when the season ends

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Should be shut down for the year at the very least. Brain injuries are no joke, and I would hope the team isn't pressuring him into getting back into the lineup. I'd want a doctor not affiliated with the Canucks to have to clear Sven to get back onto the ice.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I thought it seemed iffy when we were getting reports earlier in the season that he was suffering from PCS, career might be over ... and then magically he was back on the ice like 3 weeks later.

He should be shut down for the season and probably permanently. He’s set for life with the $10 million contract he just signed and you really, really don’t want to see this turn into a Franzen situation.

That Hyka hit was not that severe and now symptoms are re-occurring when he hasn’t been hit at all. This really isn’t good.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Should be shut down for the year at the very least. Brain injuries are no joke, and I would hope the team isn't pressuring him into getting back into the lineup. I'd want a doctor not affiliated with the Canucks to have to clear Sven to get back onto the ice.

Doesn't the league mandate this?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
not that his argument isn't ****ing stupid but since this slump he's on pace for 62 and not 70.
Fair enough, he's playing with terrible linemates in extremely tough deployment. To me he's a perfect number 2 centre to suggest he isn't a top 6 forward is insane.

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
Never really been a fan of his. I was hoping we'd trade him. It's too bad he's facing post concussion issues again but his absence from the line up is a big meh to me.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
I thought it seemed iffy when we were getting reports earlier in the season that he was suffering from PCS, career might be over ... and then magically he was back on the ice like 3 weeks later.

He should be shut down for the season and probably permanently. He’s set for life with the $10 million contract he just signed and you really, really don’t want to see this turn into a Franzen situation.

That Hyka hit was not that severe and now symptoms are re-occurring when he hasn’t been hit at all. This really isn’t good.

This is a situation where the org needs to step in and tell him he’s not playing again before he’s doing Gronkowski math.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->