Value of: Sven Baertschi or Loui Eriksson for a defenseman

Cquant

May 14, 2015
I could see Baertschi for McCabe.

Makes little sense to me. I don't understand what we could accomplish with trading for a defenseman.
We have Edler, Hutton, Pouliot, MDZ, Juolevi, McEneny, Brisebois, Sautner all fighting for a spot as a LHD next season. Bringing in McCabe doesn't make much sense at all.
We need RHD, I'd consider that, but even there, it's not like we lack guys who can play in the NHL. We need top 4 guys that could outplay the ones we have now. Tanev, Gudbranson, Stecher, Biega, Chatfield.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Trading either for a defenceman would be dumb. If we are trading Baertschi, it should be either in a package to upgrade for a young forward or just for a high second rounder. Eriksson with no retention is negative value- no point in moving him. We would be better off keeping him around until all his bonuses are done with in order to make him more of an asset to a budget team in a couple of years. Additionally, I would want him on EP's line next year anyways to have a fellow Swede to help him through the adjustment and to help cover some defensive play EP may struggle with off the start.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'd take Eriksson, but not with zero retention. That's just a foolish proposition.

Baertschi I'd take a gamble on. I'm not a huge fan of his style, but his skill set is hard to ignore. He might click in our top six. I'd offer up Matt Benning for him as long as Sven isn't asking for a ridiculous salary on his next contract.

HockeyAnalystGenius

Jun 15, 2017
No they don't. I know you're kidding... but you really don't like Yamamoto, do you? You always spell his name in a different way.

You will see the truth of my words in the future. He is not going to be a NLH player. Sell while Value Good. I do not care for his weird name.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Man I hated that Erikson signing from the start.He's negative value right now so maybe Seabrook, but Id just assume keep him. Keep Baertchi until the trade deadline, if he has a decent start to next year he'll have way more value then than now

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Karl Alzner for Eriksson
Bad trade for vancouver. Not that Eriksson is worth anything because he isnt. But Alzner can't skate anymore. He fell off a cliff faster than any player I've ever seen. Louie is a cap dump at this point but at least he can still play. Alzner has just lost it.

Reactions: Maitz

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Was curious about the following:

1) which defenseman could the Canucks get for Loui Eriksson assuming that the Canucks retained 0% salary?

2) which defenseman could the Canucks get for Sven Baertschi?
Well, you can pick between a bottom pairing guy for Baertschi or a better player but with a horrific contract for Eriksson.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Without retaining salary, Eriksson+1st for a 2nd

That's about his value. You dont screw up signing a FA and then benefit from it

Sven should get you a bottom pairing dman , middle 6 forward, or a B prospect.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Bad trade for vancouver. Not that Eriksson is worth anything because he isnt. But Alzner can't skate anymore. He fell off a cliff faster than any player I've ever seen. Louie is a cap dump at this point but at least he can still play. Alzner has just lost it.
I won’t lie I agree with all that Alzner is the worst D I’ve seen in Montreal in the last 15 years. But at least you save some money because Alzner is 4,675M cap hit

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
But seriously - would Eriksson for Phaneuf make sense for both teams?

With Carter and Kopitar, you would think that Eriksson would be able to rediscover his game and not be forced to be a driver of offense or play with non-offensive oriented centers as he has in Vancouver.

Phaneuf on the other hand, can add some depth to the very depleted Vancouver defense.

Not to this kings fan. LA does need scoring and speed but I think LA would getter a better and younger player, on a better contract by putting Muzzin out there. Dion playing as a 4/5 in LA is perfectly fine with me. Plus Dion's contract is better than Eriksson's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad