Svechnikov's Strange Callup

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If little Svech is adamant about playing with his brother, very possibly.

That is not how that is going to work. We could perhaps trade Evgeny to that team, but we are looking at a prospect/young player swap if we did that. Evgeny cannot land us a top 15 pick, not without something serious being added to him.

I think we are better off playing Evgeny on the big team next year and seeing if we can establish a better year to shop him to whatever team Andrei winds up on. I wouldn't sell him at this draft unless an unexpected offer does roll in. Of course we could trade him for a second+ or maybe attach him and AA to offer to Andrei's team for a Top 4 D-man and something.

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
Sorry I thought I remembered Kuzy saying he wouldnt play unless it was with Ovi sort of thing but I couldnt find any evidence to back up my ridiculous assertions. It was only meant to be a playful concept anyways.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
That is not how that is going to work. We could perhaps trade Evgeny to that team, but we are looking at a prospect/young player swap if we did that. Evgeny cannot land us a top 15 pick, not without something serious being added to him.

I think we are better off playing Evgeny on the big team next year and seeing if we can establish a better year to shop him to whatever team Andrei winds up on. I wouldn't sell him at this draft unless an unexpected offer does roll in. Of course we could trade him for a second+ or maybe attach him and AA to offer to Andrei's team for a Top 4 D-man and something.

The "I want to only play with X or I won't come to the NHL card" is about as powerful a card as any draftee hold in the current NHL. Andrei could make a ton of money in the KHL and wait for a trade or to be released from his contract.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Where is all this talk coming from? Andrei never once said he would only play with his brother. He said he would love to...and no shit, they're brothers. No doubt he'd happily play on any team.

Reactions: 21 Savage

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
This reminds me of another unlikely hypothetical I had imagined. The consensus 1OA is highly sought after and could probably make a ton of money anywhere, including the KHL. He's also still basically a child. So what happens when he comes out to the media before the draft with something like "I'm not even gonna bother with the NHL unless I get drafted by my favorite team, the Vancouver Canucks!"

The moral of my story being, if that's unlikely, then doing the same to play with a brother is probably equally unlikely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad