Injury Report: Svechnikov

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Does anyone know who the head of security is for the wings? I talked to him before the game Monday and all he said was “Gino will be out for a long time”

He’s a great guy. Anyone else met him?

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Damn, this will hurt his development. I'm still pulling for him. Love his work ethic.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Yikes! Prospect killer is right. I too am still pulling for him but this really stings.

If you want to keep a re-build on track, you need to hit with your first-round picks.

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
so...we're not dealing him to Carolina for Faulk because they want to unite the Svechnikov brothers?

The kid's got a long, hard road ahead of him. Hope his rehab goes better than expected and he can start next season fully healed, strengthened, and ready to roll. He's losing so much development time, though.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
As a trivia question, does he get paid his AHL or NHL salary while on IR ?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
If you want to keep a re-build on track, you need to hit with your first-round picks.

Right, but Svechnkov was drafted #19, the last year the Red Wings made the playoffs. That pick was not "part of the rebuild." Also, injuries happen.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I don’t understand when this happened. Ignorance I guess.

Did the knee injury happen in the pre-season or before? I didn’t realize it was this bad, which is odd because I saw most of the pre-season. I know he’s had a rough couple of injuries, but man this sucks for him.

Hope he recovers well. Hopefully he can still be a solid NHL’er still who can contribute

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I don’t understand when this happened. Ignorance I guess.

Did the knee injury happen in the pre-season or before? I didn’t realize it was this bad, which is odd because I saw most of the pre-season. I know he’s had a rough couple of injuries, but man this sucks for him.

Hope he recovers well. Hopefully he can still be a solid NHL’er still who can contribute

It happened on the last pre-season game vs Toronto. Tough break for him and for the Wings/Griffins.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I wish Geno the best in his recovery, it's a real heartbreaking development in this seemingly minor injury up until this point.
He'll be playing hockey in the summer, but this is an extremely unfortunate time for him.

Oct 18, 2006
This is pretty devastating news. I’m not sure what to make of Svechnikov as a prospect, feel like he’s missing a few things, but this is a crippling blow to his chances long term. Really sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->