Injury Report: Svechnikov: Concussion Protocol

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
Damn your Rashomon effect. I would look it up on Wikipedia, and I would follow the "See Also" link to 'Unreliable Narrator', which would have this gem:

One of the earliest uses of unreliability in literature is in The Frogs by Aristophanes. After the god Dionysus claims to have sunk 12 or 13 enemy ships with Cleisthenes, his slave Xanthias says "Then I woke up."

(405 BC, if you must know.)
it's questions like this that make me wonder if we will see the Lady or the Tiger at PNC tonight

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Honestly i hope he doesnt play. Pissed me off seeing Martinook trying to skate on one leg. Our lack of depth is **** and thats on our owner.
I'm confused by this. Are you saying its Dundon's fault we aren't stashing away NHL level players in the AHL? Because right now we're relying on callups to contribute in the playoffs because we just don't have enough NHL roster spots to account for the injuries we have.

If anything, the fact that we're playing Game 6 tonight with a team that has had effectively no contribution on the score sheet from its top line is a big statement about the quality of depth we have. Foegele is proving himself a major contributor going forward, and our defense suffocated the life out of one of the better offenses in the league for the majority of 4 of the first 5 games.

I think this year shows we might be one high end addition away from making a serious run next year. The amount of young talent both up front and on the blue line has impressed this year.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
it's questions like this that make me wonder if we will see the Lady or the Tiger at PNC tonight
268x0w.jpg
images

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He also said that he needs a full contact practice to get fully cleared and that we don't have one until after G2.

G3 is the earliest we see him.

According to Chips article, Rod said he thinks Svechnikov has completed the protocol so not sure what to think

The Canes were again without injured forwards Andrei Svechnikov and Micheal Ferland. Also missing in Game 1 was Jordan Martinook, who has been fighting an injury, as Clark Bishop was in the lineup.

Brind’Amour said he believed Svechnikov had completed the concussion protocol. The rookie forward might be able to play Game 2 on Sunday.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
They want you to think this was about getting Svech some work in. Dont be fooled. In reality, RBA needed to get in some drills before he comes out of retirement to play Wednesday.

I suggest you guys all get some pratices in. They're burning bodies at a crazy rate and with if that continues and with Florida and Charlotte still involved in the playoffs, too the organization might run out of healthy bodies within just a few days:laugh:

That, or start a gofundme to buy wheelchairs..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->