Rumor: Svech and Rasmussen with the team next year

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Just got home and was listening to 97.1 (I know, not the best for hockey), and they said there was someone with the wings who said theyre trying to move wingers at this deadline to not only get future picks but they think both Svechnikov and Rasmussen will be with the team next year.

Svech is finally heating up in the AHL but I have no idea what to think about him as a prospect. Lots of talent and can take over games but 18 points in 46 games this year is pretty bad.

Rasmussen its not surprising, hes big, NHL ready, a high pick and had a really good camp to kick off a really good season so far this year.

Would anyone be surprised to see both these guys start with the wings next year?

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Svech is going to be a weak player unless he does serious work on his skating. He has no burst.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
I do hope Svech gets rewarded for his recent turn up in GR with a few game call up. Think it could do him a lot of good confidence wise. It’s just odd because his first AHL season was rather impressive.

I think Rasmussen can step in right now in limited deployment. He may not be as dynamic as other prospects we could have got, but he’s polished, is physically ready, and defensivey responsible. Would like to see him on the 2nd pp next year

stop talking about Dahlin... we arnt even close to crappy enough to get him.
Neither was New Jersey or Philly, yet they moved up. Should we bank on it? Of course not. Is it fun and within our right to dream? Of course

Last edited:

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Wouldn't surprise me if Rasmussen gets at least the 9 games before they decide if he'll burn the first year of his ELC next season.

Not sure about Svechnikov, unless he has a real strong finish to this season/playoffs.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Svechnikov could use the change of pace. If he can gain a little quickness over the summer, he's pretty much ready for a lower line role. He just needs to clear his head. Rasmussen could contribute right away. Hard to say if that's the right developmental move. Another year in the W for him is not a very appealing thing. GR would be best, but that's how these things go, I guess.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
If you're trying to get rid of two wingers then I don't see anyone wanting anyone other than Tatar and Nyquist, and I don't know if it makes sense to deal both of them. Not unless you're getting great returns obv.

Nobody is going to want Abdelkader (and I doubt they'd deal him anyways). Mantha and Bertuzzi look like building blocks.

Not sure you're going to get much for Frk, I guess you could just deal him for whatever and clear a spot if you don't think he has a future here though.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I've come to worry about Svech. I think RAS is a better player than him right now.

That being said, Wings are transitioning to youth and this has been going on for a few years now. I expect it to continue.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
If you're trying to get rid of two wingers then I don't see anyone wanting anyone other than Tatar and Nyquist, and I don't know if it makes sense to deal both of them. Not unless you're getting great returns obv.

Nobody is going to want Abdelkader (and I doubt they'd deal him anyways). Mantha and Bertuzzi look like building blocks.

Not sure you're going to get much for Frk, I guess you could just deal him for whatever and clear a spot if you don't think he has a future here though.
AA and lil Bert can prob be had for the right price. I don't see lil Bert being such a building block as others

Reactions: jkutswings

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Seems like way too early to trading Bert though, you're right that anyone can be had for a price though. I just hope his price doesn't come cheap.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Svechnikov could use the change of pace. If he can gain a little quickness over the summer, he's pretty much ready for a lower line role. He just needs to clear his head. Rasmussen could contribute right away. Hard to say if that's the right developmental move. Another year in the W for him is not a very appealing thing. GR would be best, but that's how these things go, I guess.

if ras is 3rd line c ... i could see that as useful

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
I will say this, if Svech pans out (assuming Rasmussen is sure fire NHLer, even if his ceiling isnt super high) the wings are suddenly going to have a very big and fairly nasty offensive core in the coming years, especially if Givani Smith can maybe pan out to a 3rd line guy and we get another one this draft. A ton of size, strength, and temper

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

What about Mantha , he has everything to be a superstar , but he is not . Ether we need different coach to make them care or trade him

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I've come to worry about Svech. I think RAS is a better player than him right now.

That being said, Wings are transitioning to youth and this has been going on for a few years now. I expect it to continue.

Ras hasn't even proven what Svech has at the CHL level. Svech in his +1 had over a 1.5 ppg. Ras is under 1.3. He's not exactly setting the world on fire.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Ras hasn't even proven what Svech has at the CHL level. Svech in his +1 had over a 1.5 ppg. Ras is under 1.3. He's not exactly setting the world on fire.
But he scored 4 goals in 4 games playing with and against NHL players in the preseason. I know it's a small sample size but still somewhat encouraging.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
But he scored 4 goals in 4 games playing with and against NHL players in the preseason. I know it's a small sample size but still somewhat encouraging.

Not really. Its like saying the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason in 2008. Well regular season they were 0-16.

In the NHL many vets will be pointless, or have significantly lower points than PTOs and recent draftees, why? Because its the preseason and there is no reason for them to put much effort beyond getting back into the game. They have all the incentive to not go balls to the wall because they don't want to risk injury.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Not really. Its like saying the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason in 2008. Well regular season they were 0-16.

In the NHL many vets will be pointless, or have significantly lower points than PTOs and recent draftees, why? Because its the preseason and there is no reason for them to put much effort beyond getting back into the game. They have all the incentive to not go balls to the wall because they don't want to risk injury.
He showed he can play with the big boys.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
This is also svech second year. Sophomore slump anyone? It's usually real. Second I believe he was hurt to start the year. Slow start. He will be fine.

Better than nyquist and tatar.

Reactions: MikeyDee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->