Svatos or Zinovjev

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudcity

Aug 9, 2005
Which of these guys do you see making a bigger offensive impact this season? How about a few years down the road? I don't know too much about their style of play so if anyone has an opinion on either I would love to know. Thank you.

Bruzin

Jan 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
Zinovjev is a big question mark for Boston. They don't even know if he will leave the RSL for the NHL. He played 8 games for Boston last year and he showed flashes of insane talent, but he had attitude problems (Lapointe confronted him during a practice since he was always the first off the ice) and refused to play in the AHL (for various reasons). Instead of going to the AHL, he went back home. His decision to go home was partially because he wasn't adapting to the North American lifestyle. He doesn't know English, so Samsonov had to act as an interpreter for him. Despite this uncertainty there are some positive signs that he will come to camp.

He was qualified and there are rumours that Zhamnov was brought in to further help his development. There was also rumours of a Samsonov - Zhamnov - Zinovjev line. Most Bruin fans think Bergeron will be in Zinovjev's spot, but if things work out, I think it would be hard for Zinovjev not to succeed on that line.

He plays a style suited for the NHL. He has the talent to play with Kovalchuk and put up similar numbers in the RSL, and the 2-way skills to play on the third line in international competitions. There are two distinct camps, for and against, in reards to Zinovjev. I think he'll make it.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Zinovjev has a ton of talent, the question is whether he wants to play in the US. If he does and wants to work hard he will be very good. If it were me though, I would take Svatos because he has proven more at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->