Suzuki vs Horvat

Who would you prefer on your team

• Total voters

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Horvat for my team. I can't imagine a more perfect #2 behind MacKinnon.

Will Suzuki be the more dynamic offensive player at his peak? Probably. Will he be a better overall center? Remains to be seen. I think Horvat is primed to have his best season yet - with a real weapon on his right in Garland and some combo of Hogland or Miller likely on the other side. He's never been in position to maximize his game like he will be this season.

If I'm a younger team that is searching for a star offensive center identity - I probably pick Suzuki.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Horvat. I like Suzuki a lot and think he has a slightly higher offensive ceiling but I would like to see Horvat finally get a chance to play with good wingers for the first time in his career. I also think the small offensive gap is bridged by Horvat's better defensive play and heavier style of play.
Both have shown themselves to be very good playoff performers but Horvat's goal scoring in the playoffs breaks down to a goal every two games which is elite in 23 games.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Horvat. I like Suzuki a lot and think he has a slightly higher offensive ceiling but I would like to see Horvat finally get a chance to play with good wingers for the first time in his career. I also think the small offensive gap is bridged by Horvat's better defensive play and heavier style of play.
Both have shown themselves to be very good playoff performers but Horvat's goal scoring in the playoffs breaks down to a goal every two games which is elite in 23 games.
Agreed with Horvat's heavier style however Suzuki is equally good on the defensive side of the puck. He's also 4 years younger.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
If I was going into the playoffs today, the answer would most certainly be Horvat.

I see both players as 1B/2A centers and Horvat is just more impactful at this point in their careers. Going forward, however, I would take Suzuki because of age. That said, I don't see him becoming anything more than a low-end #1C.

Reactions: flamesforcup

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Horvat right now for sure.

Hopefully with the Dickinson addition, he gets to play less tougher minutes and shine more offensively with finally some decent linemates for him. No more carrying Eriksson's corpse.

Last edited:

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Suzuki will surpass Horvat production/contribution as soon as next season. That said, even though he is 5 years younger.

This poll result for now is a bit biased and will not age well...

Reactions: Baksfamous112

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Suzuki will surpass Horvat production/contribution as soon as next season. That said, even though he is 5 years younger.

Suzuki haa a career high of 41 points only.
Still too young to know if he is the real deal, or early flash in the pan.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

He already did that but people are sleeping on Suzuki or going Horvat just because of name recognition.

Reactions: Dutronc

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Have you watch the playoff or not at all ? He was the best player of a Stanley Cup Final Team behind Carey Price. He is not a '' early flash in the pan ''

Do you not know what a flash in the pan is?

Andrew Hammond
Jonathan Cheechoo
Jim Carey
Andrew Raycroft
Teddy Purcell
Ryan Malone
Frederick Modin
Dave Lowry (40 points, big playoff run on Panthers, lost in finals, hmmmm)
Fernando Pisani

It's just too early in Suzuki's career to say he is better than a known product that is Horvat

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Do you not know what a flash in the pan is?

Andrew Hammond
Jonathan Cheechoo
Jim Carey
Andrew Raycroft
Teddy Purcell
Ryan Malone
Frederick Modin
Dave Lowry (40 points, big playoff run on Panthers, lost in finals, hmmmm)
Fernando Pisani

It's just too early in Suzuki's career to say he is better than a known product that is Horvat

Not sure if you're actually serious

I won't compare him to Horvat. It's close but comparing him to those names in your list makes me wanna puke.

You're really comparing 21 years old 1st rounder Suzuki who had 57 pts in 78 games (season and playoffs) to a 30 years old Pisani who had 1 good playoff run?

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->