Post-Game Talk: Suzuki is the Nature of Winning Things! Habs beasting the SO! 5-4 SO win!

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Firstly I'm not saying it now. I said it when we got Eller. I never saw an offensive game in his toolset. So it's not an after the fact statement. The same way everyone last year was wetting his pants over KK's offense. Some of us didn't and still don't see it. Are you going to come back in six, seven years and accuse us of lazy arguments when he plateaus as a 2nd C?

Secondly, in response to your millions spent on development, Bouchard, our development coach, said in one of his pressers his job is not to turn every player into an NHLer - an impossible goal - his job is to get every player to reach his potential. That's a coach that knows what he is doing.

Well, good for you if you actually called that. But there's so many after-the-fact hot takes here that I can't help but assume that's what I'm reading.

As for the second part, I agree. Not every player has offensive potential or even an NHL future. But in any case, proper coaching is essential for any guy to reach their full potential (whatever that may be). If only just for the confidence/mental aspect of the game which is huge in any sport.

And proper coaching is also a shield. If you can tell confidently that you did everything you could to help a guy and he still didn't live up to the expectations, then you can say development wasn't an issue. Like with Drouin, he was given every opportunity to succeed so if he still fails, I doubt people will blame Julien for his limited offensive output (unlike for Therrien with Eller).

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Eller, like Danault, is a #3 C. On a contender neither should be on the top two lines. And Eller's offensive game didn't develop because he never had one.
Danault is a little bit better than Eller was in Mtl. Better vision of the game, better compliment for his wingers and more effort constant. Any nhl coach would be more confident with Danault on the ice.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
People comparing Bergeron to Danault and Thornton to Desharnais to prove their arguments is pretty low.

Who exactly is doing that. People are saying Danault is in the wrong chair. Should we compare him to 4 line centers perhaps? Maybe then his numbers would look stellar. Up and until he has a different role on this team he's going to be measured against the best. I mean let's pretend for a minute that our team has been good in recent years. Danault's game log is there for everyone to see we all watched him play these past 3 seasons. If anything some people need to tone down their player assessments until the player actually does something. He is directly responsible for our PK which used to be at the very top of the league. Now we are mid pack but yeah Danault is a defensive genius who puts up 50 points and doesn't show up for must wins and playoff games.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->