Sutter's future

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
If Sutter comes back and played 3C that would let Gaudette play with Pettersson, I still think that would be a great combo.
I would prefer that as well. But, I can't see Sutter playing for more than 20 games before an injury hits and Gaudette is back at 3C for majority of the year.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I’ve won many pots with those two cards. It’s not about the hand you’re dealt but how you play it.

I've played poker for the better part of 15 years and I can honestly say that only donkeys and fish say things like this.

But anyways, yeah that Sutter is basically glass since hes been a Canuck.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I think the Canucks should look to move Sutter but shouldn't look to dump him. His NTC opens up this summer so it's actually easier to trade him. If Spooner is going to be on the team, that also gives the team another guy who can slide into the C position.

I think Sutter, when healthy, is still an asset. He's overpaid, but I think he's an attractive option for a team looking to shore up their 3rd line C position and improve the PK. There aren't that many comparably attractive C options available that don't require at least a 3 year contract (more likely at least 4).

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
No doubt about it. Sutter should be easier to move than either Gudbranson or Gagner....and the league salaries have slowly caught up with Sutter's $4m a year contract.

It sure would be nice if Jimbo could actually trade a guy prior to the draft and get some picks back for a change. But I suspect it'll be a winger in the Pearson-Leivo mold who ends up coming our way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->