Sutter's future

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
At least he's out for the season and can't singlehandedly ruin our top 5 pick by going on his annual late season scoring spree.

Reactions: MS

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
So Brandon Sutter is heading into another round of sport hernia surgery. His second sport hernia operation, and gone for the season.

So is that it? Have we seen Sutter's last game in a Vancouver uniform?

I think Sutter is done as a Canuck unless he’s willing to move to the wing. Gaudette will start next season as the teams’ 3rd Line Center.

ekimbo

Sep 28, 2009
Joffrey Lupul had sports hernia surgery and never played again. No offense to Sutter but this would be the best case scenario for the Canucks.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
The problem with trading Sutter, Louie, etc. is that it would give Benning free cap space to screw up.
Might as well just wait for the next GM

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Bm9ps6cCMAAgfvw.png

Reactions: mathonwy

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

It’s possible that these teams wanted Sutter as long as we retained some significant salary. If that wasn’t the case however, then yeah......bit of a gaffe by Benning (although in his defense, Sutter player very well last year and we didn’t have a key face off / defensive zone guy to take pressure off of Horvat and the twins).

I think it’s possible that Benning got Beagle in the offseason with the expectation that Sutter could duplicate what he did last year and then sell high on him this time (since now we’d have Beagle for Sutter’s old role).

Meh.

Hope Sutter goes on LTIR. I wish Brandon and Sven nothing but the best.

Reactions: Nomobo

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Gaudette is the future at 3rd line and he's already shown he can play in the NHL. We need to flank our three young centers with better wingers. Sutter was useful because he took less strain off Horvat because Horvat was the only one who can drive his line if he's not with Boeser.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I believe he would have his highest value at the deadline. (he'll probably be injured though)

Off-season teams want to see what they have at camp in their prospects.
So his lowest value to me would be the off-season.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Sutter is gonna look good on a 14million dollar 4th line with Eriksson and Beagle

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
Another negative asset indeed..along with Loui, Beagle, Schaller and whoever Jimbo signs on July 1st

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Gaudette is the future at 3rd line and he's already shown he can play in the NHL. We need to flank our three young centers with better wingers. Sutter was useful because he took less strain off Horvat because Horvat was the only one who can drive his line if he's not with Boeser.

If Sutter comes back and played 3C that would let Gaudette play with Pettersson, I still think that would be a great combo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad