Sutter's future

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So Brandon Sutter is heading into another round of sport hernia surgery. His second sport hernia operation, and gone for the season.

So is that it? Have we seen Sutter's last game in a Vancouver uniform?

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
...kinda hilarious he played barely 1/4 of the season. Thing is, even when he was back in, I still preferred Gaudette up in his position.

Way past time to move on from Sutter, but with all these injuries unlikely we can get much value at this point.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Cant believe we traded away a better pick in that trade o man :shakehead

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
So Brandon Sutter is heading into another round of sport hernia surgery. His second sport hernia operation, and gone for the season.

So is that it? Have we seen Sutter's last game in a Vancouver uniform?

What is the recovery time for that type of surgery and what is the risk of it not working?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What is the recovery time for that type of surgery and what is the risk of it not working?
According to reports Sutter had sport hernia surgery on his left side, and now they're doing the right side. Recovery time is eight weeks, so won't be back on skates until sometime in May.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
According to reports Sutter had sport hernia surgery on his left side, and now they're doing the right side. Recovery time is eight weeks, so won't be back on skates until sometime in May.
So if we make the finals he might be back? HOPE

:shakehead

Reactions: supercanuck

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Another assets value flushed down the drain.
To think we could have flipped Sutter and Gudbranson last TDL for picks. Exhibit A of why Benning sucks as a GM.
Yeah Im starting to think it may be time to let Benning go. Id of rather of had 2 2nd round picks then Pearson who seemed to of peeked as a hockey player at age 23 or so

Reactions: TruKnyte

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Doubt we'd get anything of worth back for him. I would say we should just hope he rebounds next year and then trade him at the deadline, but I don't think he'll be healthy enough to do so.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
still think we can trade him in the summer. eat some salary. might be tough to convince Aquilini with all the money he is paying for poor performance right now.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Doubt we'd get anything of worth back for him. I would say we should just hope he rebounds next year and then trade him at the deadline, but I don't think he'll be healthy enough to do so.
Like you, I can't imagine that Sutter with that contract would fetch even a used roll of hockey tape. But then against all odds, the Canucks managed to unload Gudbranson, Gagner and Del Zotto and actually get something back.

And in the case of Gudbranson and Gagner, their contracts were just as bad or maybe even worse than Sutter's. So you just never know. But it sure would be nice if the Canucks upped Gaudette's ice-time in the last 16 games to ensure they've got a replacement third line center.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

The best hope is to retain 50% and trade in the off sesaon.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Like you, I can't imagine that Sutter with that contract would fetch even a used roll of hockey tape. But then against all odds, the Canucks managed to unload Gudbranson, Gagner and Del Zotto and actually get something back.

And in the case of Gudbranson and Gagner, their contracts were just as bad or maybe even worse than Sutter's. So you just never know. But it sure would be nice if the Canucks upped Gaudette's ice-time in the last 16 games to ensure they've got a replacement third line center.

I'm not sure getting cap dumps back counts as something, if it did Sutter for Lucic would count as getting something back.

Reactions: MS and Hit the post

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Sutter needs to be moved, there isn’t any room for him on the roster, however he’s going to be tough to move. Canucks should just eat some salary and move him for a later round pick then acquiring another cap dump. We already have enough garbage as it is and it would be nice to move some out and clear some salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad