Tidbits: Suter, Dubnyk join Boudreau on Central All-star game team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Couldn't we have sent Pominville and let the important players have a nice break? (kind of serious)

Yay, for the guys going. :yo:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Blackhawks have 4 players on the Central roster, the Wild have 2 and everyone else in the division has 1.

Couldn't we have sent Pominville and let the important players have a nice break? (kind of serious)

Yay, for the guys going. :yo:

Actually, this was the first thought that crossed my mind. Dubnyk and Suter are probably the main two guys you want resting up heading into the meat-grinder schedule in the 2nd half of the season.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
How the 'H' is Johnny Toes on this team again? There is no way he deserved that over Scheifele, Ehlers, Wheeler, Staal, Coyle, Granlund, Benn, or Duchene.

Is this about pandering to a large fanbase, or is the NHL just in love with him?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
How the 'H' is Johnny Toes on this team again? There is no way he deserved that over Scheifele, Ehlers, Wheeler, Staal, Coyle, Granlund, Benn, or Duchene.

Is this about pandering to a large fanbase, or is the NHL just in love with him?

They are releasing their list of 100 greatest players, and Toews is on it (for some reason) so they want him there.

Atleast that's the prevailing theory.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Is he not worthy? I honestly don't know. He did captain the team to three cups didn't he?

Edit: the top 100 list I mean. he's obviously not worthy of being on the all star team this year.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
It would be so damn funny if he's on that list.

Is he not worthy? I honestly don't know. He did captain the team to three cups didn't he?

If you look at the collective hardware he's won to date (often in a leadership role), it's pretty impressive.

2-time U20 WJC Gold
World Championship Gold, Silver
2-time Olympic Gold
Wold Cup Gold
3 Stanley Cups

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Edit: the top 100 list I mean. he's obviously not worthy of being on the all star team this year.

If you look at the collective hardware he's won to date (often in a leadership role), it's pretty impressive.

2-time U20 WJC Gold
2-time Olympic Gold
Wold Cup Gold
3 Stanley Cups

I guess I just don't really see the separation between him and his own teammates: Kane and Keith both have 3 Cups too, 1 Conn Smythe, and their respective awards (Hart/Art Ross and Norris) both trump Toews' Selke IMO.

Then how do you separate Toews from a guy like Kopitar, who is every bit the defensive player that Toews is, is a better offensive player, and also has Cup credibility.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

On the top 100 because of captaining his team during 3 cup wins? Well, the cups are a team stat, not a personal stat. Unless Keith, Seabrook, Kane, Hossa, and Crawford are all on it, too, that seems irrelevant. Is Toews a better (or on par) player than Pat LaFontaine, Mats Sundin, Peter Stastny, Mike Gartner, Dale Hawerchuk, Pavel Bure, etc.?

I bet you can make a list of players that NEVER won a cup but are better than Toews, and if you inserted them into the top 100 list it would push Toews out. Thing is, I actually like Toews as a person and a player, but the media's and NHL's unabashed love for him defies logic

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Nick Johnson.

Never forget.

Johnson has had an interesting season, too; he figured when the Pittsburgh Penguins placed him on waivers Sept. 28, his next stop would be Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League. Instead, he was claimed by Minnesota, and now Johnson will be the Wild’s representative at the NHL All-Star Game, taking part in the skills competition Saturday in Ottawa as one of several rookies.

He was picked to represent Minnesota in Ottawa when Wild center Mikko Koivu, named to the All-Star Game early this month, was ruled out because of an upper-body injury. Although Minnesota is not stocked with all-stars, Johnson said it has become almost a bragging point that the team can win anyway.

Fun tid-bit.

The Wild’s healthy scratches were defensemen Marek Zidlicky and Mike Lundin, and forward Brad Staubitz. …

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014

2-time U20 WJC Gold
2-time Olympic Gold
Wold Cup Gold
3 Stanley Cups

Oh no doubt. My problem is that his 10-11 year was the only season thought he was probably a top 10 player. Him being a key part of a bunch of great teams is great but never being really close to best player :in the league should disqualify him from a top 100 list. Hall of famer if he retired today though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad