[Suspension] Keith Aulie - 2 games

sayheykid

Jun 12, 2010
How has he been for the Oilers? I was all set to make a glib comment about this being a blessing in disguise but I started to wonder if he discovered some modicum of competence recently.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
How has he been for the Oilers? I was all set to make a glib comment about this being a blessing in disguise but I started to wonder if he discovered some modicum of competence recently.

Pretty decent actually. I've liked him on the bottom pairing.

He's been much better than Ference, Nikitin, Schultz or Hunt, but that's not saying a whole lot.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB

I've liked Aulie in his role. Excellent teammate. Tough as nails.

I'd prefer him in the lineup over Hunt, Schultz and Nikitin

sayheykid

Jun 12, 2010
Pretty decent actually. I've liked him on the bottom pairing.

He's been much better than Ference, Nikitin, Schultz or Hunt, but that's not saying a whole lot.

That's good. I had moderately high hopes for him when we traded for him but to say they never materialized would be a significant understatement. I'm glad he seems to have found a spot for you guys.

sayheykid

Jun 12, 2010
I've liked Aulie in his role. Excellent teammate. Tough as nails.

I'd prefer him in the lineup over Hunt, Schultz and Nikitin

That we definitely saw. The downside was that in limited ice time he usually found a couple of ways to make himself look about as smart as nails too.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
That we definitely saw. The downside was that in limited ice time he usually found a couple of ways to make himself look about as smart as nails too.

He does make some mistakes, but we've been happy with him in the 6/7 role

This is honestly ridiculous. Stajan has his head down, so how is Aulie expected to get any lower than he is? That's a clean hit

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Flames Fan here. Don't like the suspension. 5 and a game was more than enough.

Was a direct headshot, however Stajan is hunched over, looking down and receiving a suicide pass. No injury on the play, not much Aulie can do to avoid that imo.

Stajan isn't exactly a stranger to being on the receiving end to these hits either

No Hit League.

They need to take the "circumstances" part out of that rule after this. They clearly just don't want any head contact now, which is fine, but the wording of that rule is dumb if this is a suspension.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2014020555

was a huge hit but take a look at the chin strap--that makes it look worse then it was--chin strap was not done up correctly
a hit to the head is a hit to the head, why do you feel the need to blame everything else? first it wasn't a hit to the head, not it's his chin strap's fault :laugh:

and btw from your own link:
staj_zps5ebb0659.png

clearly the initial point of contact is the chin/cheek

Varlan

Nov 26, 2009
He does make some mistakes, but we've been happy with him in the 6/7 role

This is honestly ridiculous. Stajan has his head down, so how is Aulie expected to get any lower than he is? That's a clean hit

Well he could line up his body with stajans body, for you know, a BODY check, instead of clipping stajans head on a flyby hit.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Well he could line up his body with stajans body, for you know, a BODY check, instead of clipping stajans head on a flyby hit.

That pic doesn't show it really well. Wasn't a flyby, it was direct frontal contact.

Really don't like that this was a suspension

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Bad pass by Brodie

It was definitely a suicide pass.

Did Stajan actually have a chance to possess the puck?

I couldn't really tell from the clips I found and didn't see an official disciplinary video yet, but that may have factored into the suspension. Contacting the head on a hit where the player never even touched the puck.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Wtf are you talking about? His shoulder is lower than Stajan's even. The PRINCIPAL point of contact is his chest
is principle point of contact not the same as initial point of contact? because Aulie clearly hits the head first before the chest

Danny__K

Oct 6, 2005
It was definitely a suicide pass.

Did Stajan actually have a chance to possess the puck?

no, it was a ****** pass that went behind him, the call was 5 and a game for interference as he never touched the puck.

Definitely a bad pass from the defensemen, headshot that was at least part a result of circumstance.

5 and a game was the right call, 2 game suspension is a little excessive.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
is principle point of contact not the same as initial point of contact? because Aulie clearly hits the head first before the chest

No, it's not. He might have grazed Stajan's chin hairs as he makes contact, but that's only because Stajan's head is down. The part of the body that received almost all of the impact was his chest

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
No, it's not. He might graze Stajan's chin hairs as he makes contact, but that's only because Stajan's head is down. The part of the body that received almost all of the impact was his chest
staj_zps5ebb0659.png

just grazing right? :laugh:

dear lord man you need to open your eyes. he clearly takes shoulder to the chin/cheek first and much more than a graze

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->