TV: Survivor: Winners at War Pool

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
We're less than a month away from the premiere, so I will start the thread now to see who is interested. Feel free to join, we have up to 20 spots for this season. Sorry if I forgot anyone.

For reference, last season's rules:

Top 15 picks earn 2 points each. In case you've forgotten, the points system works like this:

Top 15: 2 points
Top 10: 5 points
Top 7: 3 points
Top 6: 1 point
Top 5: 2 points
Top 4: 2 points
Final 3: 5 points
Winner: 10 points (30 Total)

And for the weekly picks:
Immunity Winner (tribe-based picks till final merge) - 5 points
Voted Out: (picking a castmate from the losing tribe) - 5 points

1SPVYul
2TPTyson
3Trap JesusJeremy
4spintheblackcircleDanni
5TuggyKim
6SouthGeorgeTony
7zombie kopitarNatalie
8GainsWendell
9DeenParvati
10SensBrawlerMichele
11irishsetter13Nick
12bossy22Sarah
13Apex PredatorEthan
14Hurricane28Adam
15CorRob
16The Crypto GuySandra
17DynamiteKidAmber
18mmaladyDenise
19BlackStarBen
20Jeremy HronekSophie
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

ContestantOriginal tribe
Tyson ApostolDakalTP
Sophie ClarkeDakalJeremy Hronek
Sandra Diaz-TwineDakalThe Crypto Guy
Wendell HollandDakalGains
Yul KwonDakalSPV
Sarah LacinaDakalbossy22
Amber MarianoDakalDynamiteKid
Kim Spradlin-WolfeDakalTuggy
Tony VlachosDakalSouthGeorge
Nick WilsonDakalirishsetter13
Natalie AndersonSelezombie kopitar
Danni BoatwrightSelespintheblackcircle
Jeremy CollinsSeleTrap Jesus
Ben DriebergenSeleBlackStar
Michele FitzgeraldSeleSensBrawler
Adam KleinSeleHurricane28
Rob MarianoSeleCor
Parvati ShallowSeleDeen
Denise StapleySelemmalady
Ethan ZohnSeleApex Predator
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
How does it work? Do we all pick one player as our winner? Every episode pick who we think wins immunity and go home?

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
How does it work? Do we all pick one player as our winner? Every episode pick who we think wins immunity and go home?

So first I will draw a random order for the draft. We each draft a player and we get a certain amount of points based on the final ranking of the player (from 0 to 30 possible points).

Then we make weekly predictions for the winning tribe and the player voted out. (Switches to immunity winner after the merge). Each correct prediction is worth 5 points (so 10 totals points each week).

When there is a double episode or a merge, we'll mention it in the comment so everyone knows how to cast the predictions.

Reactions: Apex Predator

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Is it confirmed that it's a men's tribe vs. a women's tribe to start? I feel like that's critical info everyone should know.

I'm pumped for this. There's so much out there in terms of interviews for people in terms of how they want to play/who they think the biggest threats are. I was looking at my favorites for the season and there's just so much here to unpack. I really think who people see as the favorites or top picks will be drastically different from one another.

Threat Level - How much will this play a role? Will the big target players like Rob, Sandra, Parvati, etc. all band together? Who does everyone see as the legitimate threats and big players in a season of winners? Even people that are more innocuous like Michele for example have redeeming qualities that led to their win. I think people will still see some people as goats, but realistically everyone is capable here.

Old School vs. New School - Advantages have become such a big part of the game and some people on here haven't been around for a lot of the advantages that have been introduced. Will they be able to adapt?

Pre-Existing Relationships - Even outside of people just playing together, I'm wondering how much relationships formed around the game of Survivor will play a role. Will people go in with formed alliances, or will the suspicion of people going in with alliances create more of a threat for them?

I'm going to actually formulate a ranked list of 20 this time around.

Reactions: Gains

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
Is it confirmed that it's a men's tribe vs. a women's tribe to start? I feel like that's critical info everyone should know.

I'm pumped for this. There's so much out there in terms of interviews for people in terms of how they want to play/who they think the biggest threats are. I was looking at my favorites for the season and there's just so much here to unpack. I really think who people see as the favorites or top picks will be drastically different from one another.

Threat Level - How much will this play a role? Will the big target players like Rob, Sandra, Parvati, etc. all band together? Who does everyone see as the legitimate threats and big players in a season of winners? Even people that are more innocuous like Michele for example have redeeming qualities that led to their win. I think people will still see some people as goats, but realistically everyone is capable here.

Old School vs. New School - Advantages have become such a big part of the game and some people on here haven't been around for a lot of the advantages that have been introduced. Will they be able to adapt?

Pre-Existing Relationships - Even outside of people just playing together, I'm wondering how much relationships formed around the game of Survivor will play a role. Will people go in with formed alliances, or will the suspicion of people going in with alliances create more of a threat for them?

I'm going to actually formulate a ranked list of 20 this time around.

I dont think they are doing men's vs women's. From the preview when Jeff tells them that the prize is 2 million dollars, it looks like the two tribes are sorted as mixed. But I guess they could sort them out after that.

Im really intrigued with how Kim, Denise, and Yul fair. They completely strategically dominated they're seasons. But they have never played twice, so I feel like either they will have massive targets or they will be able to slide by everyone.

As far as pre-existing relationships, a number of these players have played before

All-Stars
- Amber, Rob, Ethan

Cook Islands
- Parvarti, Yul

HvV
- Rob, Sandra, Parvarti, Tyson

Cagayan
- Sarah, Tony

San Juan Del Sur
- Natalie, Jeremy

Game Changers
- Sarah, Tony, Sandra

If you take it one step further you get players that have played with other players:

Beat Ozzy
- Yul, Parvarti, Sarah, Sophie

Beat Cirie
- Parvarti, Sandra, Sarah

Beat Rupert
- Sandra (Twice), Tyson, Amber

Beat Ciera
- Tyson, Jeremy, Sarah

Beat another former winner
-
Amber, Sandra, Sarah, Tyson

This season should be a good one. I just hope they dont have too many twists and ruin it.

Reactions: Gains

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
The tribes are already set (not gender-based). (Check wikipedia: Survivor: Winners at War Pool). I really hope pre-game alliances don't play a huge role because I'm a huge fan of Yul and he doesn't strike me as the type to go to all the survivor events. I'm guessing there will be an alliance of Rob, Amber, Tyson & Sandra. I also think Tony and Sarah will play together, same for Natalie and Jeremy.

I think Rob, Sandra and Tony have no chance of winning because of their threat level. I also think it will be tough for Nick because he probably doesn't know all the other winners as well. (Nick won on December 19, 2018 and the filming of season 40 started on May 22, 2019). I think Denise, Sarah, Wendell and Natalie fit the "profile" of a winner for this type of season.

I see the tiers as follow:

Can't win (threat level too high):
Rob
Tony
Sandra

Potential goat (brought along):
Amber
Ethan
Michele
Adam
Danni

Could go early because of threat level but could also go far:
Kim
Parvati

Who I think can realistically win:
Ben
Denise
Jeremy
Natalie
Nick
Sarah
Sophie
Tyson
Wendell
Yul

Reactions: irishsetter13

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
The first episode is in exactly two weeks so I will start the draft today. There are still 2 spots open so if you want to join, you get the 19th pick or the 20th. (First come, first served). PM the person after you in the draft after you've made your pick.

1Adam
2Amber
3Ben
4Danni
5Denise
6Ethan
7Jeremy
8Kim
9Michele
10Natalie
11Nick
12Parvati