GDT: Survivor Series 2019 - The one that once again will not live up to NXT

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
why ruin it for nxt by ending it with becky on top... lame. shes become the most annoying superstar behind rollings.

Reactions: ColePens

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
The lack of chemistry in the match was obvious. It's too bad, I'm glad they were given the main event, but was really hoping they would put on a great finish. As it stands it's average-ish at best on the card.

Becky with the post-match beatdown is okay, but it's a bit short and not impactful. Either really smash her into the earth, or let Baszler stand tall.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
this Broken Skull Sessions with da Undertaker is weird.

maybe not weird, but it's Taker speaking in his normal voice.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
guessing Baszler is gonna drop the nxt title to ripley soon and move to raw by the ending of survivor series

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Main event lacked chemistry, which is strange because Becky and Bayley should have it. Shayna isn't that much of a hinderance, if anything it should've helped her. It had a great build but never came across that way in the match. Also lacked intensity and engagement. I think it not having any stakes attached to hit didn't help, nor was there any surprise to Shayna winning. Didn't help the men's triple threat either but it at least had a heel finish.

A lot of heel action on this show as well. That never helps. Finish of the main event was a heel tapping out another heel, so that makes it hard to emote one way or the other.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Whoever is booking the main events of WM and SS - needs fired. They have great female wrestlers and whoever is booking this slow ass stuff needs to be gone. That is 2 chances to shine beyond belief and threw down big duds. These women can put on such a better match. That main event was bad. :( And the WM finale was sooooo botched. They missed some mega opportunities, IMO.

And NXT on the other hand gets it 100% correct.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I think that Shayna bought some wrestling credibility to that match, but there was really no chemistry or no high spots in the match. The Woman's division to me has gone a bit cold since Rousey left.

And yeah I hated the ending, which involved Becky basically no selling getting her arse kicked and standing tall again. I'm just losing interest in her, her interviews are getting repetitive and she's not putting on great matches, they're just ok. They also booked Bayley as the keystone cop in this match, they didn't really need her there, which is sad because I like Bayley.

I was kind of surprised that in the end Becky beats the crap out of Shayna and her cohorts didn't come to her rescue.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think that Shayna bought some wrestling credibility to that match, but there was really no chemistry or no high spots in the match. The Woman's division to me has gone a bit cold since Rousey left.

And yeah I hated the ending, which involved Becky basically no selling getting her arse kicked and standing tall again. I'm just losing interest in her, her interviews are getting repetitive and she's not putting on great matches, they're just ok. They also booked Bayley as the keystone cop in this match, they didn't really need her there, which is sad because I like Bayley.

I was kind of surprised that in the end Becky beats the crap out of Shayna and her cohorts didn't come to her rescue.
I think the WM main event falling flat is what killed it. Then right after Becky has to work with a very green wrestler. It's been massively flat since that awful finish at WM.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Great show for a main roster ppv. I had a lot of fun watching it.

But what strike me is that the excitment came mostly for the Nxt roster.

I watched the show maybe with an 1h30 delay so I could choose what i really wanted to Watch. Every match that had Nxt guy, i watched from start to finish. In the pre-show, the tag team match was good. I'm ok with the Viking raider winning. They needed that Victory, and UE taking the pinfall doesn't bury them especially with the work they have done in that match and the damage they took the night before.

Womens 5v5v5 was ok if you take everything into account. When the meh Wrestler were out, the match took a better pace. the 1v1 with Ripley and Banks was enjoyable. Banks is a really good worker and Ripley is such a badass. I wasn't sure what to think of Candice and Io coming to help, but it make sense. They were never eliminated and Nxt has built that sense of team that was stronger then Raw's and Smackdown's

Strong vs Nakamura vs Aj Styles was GREAT. I loved everything. I didn't think that Strong would win this. I was very happy with the result. I think that Nakamura should not have took the pin, but hey.. one of them needed to be pin and Nakamura look so good in that match. BTW I love Samy Zain, i hope he goes back to Nxt or they really push him after that managing role.

Adam Cole vs Pete Dunne : Match of the night. Is it me or the crowd at some point seems to quiet down in that match? But when the pace went to another level, the crowd was back into it. Adam Cole will be a major star for this company. The moment they were side by side breathing after Dunne beat the 10 count was good. Nxt has almost no bullshit. Everything is done for a reason.

The fiend vs Daniel Bryan. Side note : What will they do with Miz? I would love him back as a heel, but Bryan's action are more heelish that Miz's.. I almost skip the match. It was so obvious the Fiend would win and that he would like unstoppable.. For the little I saw, the action was good.. but the fact The fiend is so unstoppable really bother me from an enjoyment perspective. Even if I love Bray/Fiend. I wasn't interested.

Men 5v5v5. Walter should not have been eliminated that easily. The crowd didn't like it either. I'm okay with the actiong. It seems everty superstar had their moment. Again, when their was less superstar the action picked up. The Shield moment was predictable but enjoyable. Ciampa was greatly built in that match and Keith Lee... what to say.. It was the right choice to be the last member of Nxt. Roman Reigns winning is okay with me, especially since he took Corbin out. I didn't want to Watch Corbin on friday talking how Reigns took him out so the lost because of it and Smackdown needed a win. Reigns is still one of the biggest superstar and he hasn't been so dominant lately. Lee pinning Rolling and looking that good vs Reigns pushed him even further. Nxt can't win them all.

Rey vs Brock : I Skipped.

Womens triple threat was.. Meh At this point, i knew that Smackdown wasn't going to win because i was sure that Nxt was winning that night. I was surprise that Shayna won but i didn't want Bayley to take the pin or tap out. Newly Heel, she need to keep the momentum going. Becky should have took the fall to make Shayna look even stronger and a threat for when she will come up the Raw which right now look like a plan. Beck vs Shayna will happen. Match was Meh. and the after match was stupid.

Last edited:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Decent SS but bogged down by a bad main event.

Womens tag was good with the right person winning.

missed the 3 way

Cole v Dunn of course was NXT awesomeness

Fiend/Bryan was usual Bray stuff, made bearable by Bryan. Not into Bray at all or the fiend. I will defend the red lights even though I think its stupid, it at least hides the mask a bit and makes it look less like a halloween costume mask.

Mens tag was better than the Womans. Who cares if WALTER was eliminated it was worth it for the WALTER chants and to see how over he was. Lee is a superstar. Ciampa looked great. Riddle got some shine and hope we can get an Orton/Riddle feud on NXT. Reigns/Corbin will bring us till Rumble at least until Roman is off to beat the Fiend. Nothing wrong with Lee losing to Reigns and SDL needed a win.

Rey vs Lesnar was the perfect match it needed to be. Wasn't too long, like the Dom stuff, and Lesnar retained.

Womens match is where the show died. Should not have been the main event. Bayley with control and her heel offense essentially killed this match. Glad Shayna won and no issue with Becky beat down, it was for the fans.

Overall pretty decent show that was bogged down by a boring uninspired main even with too much Bayley. Her heel turn isn't really working and the match would of been 10 times better with Sasha in that spot and Bayley in the tag match.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Maybe I'm the only one, but that mens' match sucked.

Aside from Keith Lee, everybody either came out the same or worse.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Maybe I'm the only one, but that mens' match sucked.

Aside from Keith Lee, everybody either came out the same or worse.

they had riddle pin Orton, which would’ve been a great moment and prime opportunity for them to push him, and then they immediately eliminate Riddle to make his moment worthless. It’s easily forgotten now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->