TV: Survivor 37 David vs. Goliath discussion

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
5 bucks says this season isn't the first time they've put the nullifier into play, but that it's never been successful before so it's never made the edits.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
What was the thought process in taking Allisons vote knowing Dan is the target and you have the nullifier? I don't get that. But great episode and season so far. Davids would be stupid to turn on each other after all this work like the previews might suggest. We are also setting up for a battle of the nerds. Eventually Christian and Davie will realize they have to get the other out.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
What was the thought process in taking Allisons vote knowing Dan is the target and you have the nullifier? I don't get that. But great episode and season so far. Davids would be stupid to turn on each other after all this work like the previews might suggest. We are also setting up for a battle of the nerds. Eventually Christian and Davie will realize they have to get the other out.
Nick is honestly probably just as big of a threat if not bigger then either of those two.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
5 bucks says this season isn't the first time they've put the nullifier into play, but that it's never been successful before so it's never made the edits.

survivor-jeff-probst-david-vs-goliath-episode-9

JEFF PROBST: That was a historic Survivor moment. It was the first time a Nullifier was played and Carl played it correctly. That’s all we could have ever dared dream when we put the Nullifier into this season.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Since the Golitaths and Davids seem entrenched in their voting, its' going to interesting next week. Five from each tribe.

That dark haired girl from the Goliath must be some pissed that her name was put down in that split vote. Maybe she might side with the Davids next week.

Here is my prediction for next week. Davids all vote together again one Goliath. They tell this dark hair girl to vote for one of the Goliaths....but...doesn't matter which but a different one. Christian plays his immunity thinking he is a target, cause it still is 5 on 5 vote potentially.

A Goliath is eliminated, and the Davids have control of the game, well at least for a week.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.

With the steal a vote played, the David Tribe has the 6-5 vote advantage. Combined with the Idol Nullifier played they get to call their shot, Idol played or not. It was the perfect time to play the Vote Steal and Idol Nullifier at the same time, guarantees your target is going home and coming out the other side 5-5. I don't think it mattered which Goliath vote they stole, but I do think it was better to steal one from someone you're keeping in the game strictly for psychological reasons. It caused Kara and Alec to freak out and go with their contingency plan, putting votes on Angelina.

They already knew Dan's game was dead, but now they have Alison thinking "why me?", Angelina freaking out that her tribe put two votes on her, and Kara/Alec cracking. Instead of putting all of their shots on Dan, who is already done, they took some shots at others remaining in the game.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
With the steal a vote played, the David Tribe has the 6-5 vote advantage. Combined with the Idol Nullifier played they get to call their shot, Idol played or not. It was the perfect time to play the Vote Steal and Idol Nullifier at the same time, guarantees your target is going home and coming out the other side 5-5. I don't think it mattered which Goliath vote they stole, but I do think it was better to steal one from someone you're keeping in the game strictly for psychological reasons. It caused Kara and Alec to freak out and go with their contingency plan, putting votes on Angelina.

They already knew Dan's game was dead, but now they have Alison thinking "why me?", Angelina freaking out that her tribe put two votes on her, and Kara/Alec cracking. Instead of putting all of their shots on Dan, who is already done, they took some shots at others remaining in the game.

Well now that you put it like that. Yeah, it was really smart.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Nick said it was half because he knew Alison would freak out, which she did, and half because he thought she wouldn't take it personally.

'Survivor David vs Goliath': Nick Wilson on Dan Rengering, John Hennigan Blindsides

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Some of those players should not even sniff top 50.

Cirie? REALLY? The lady who is scared of a ****ing leaf?? Sandra shouldnt be 1, Parvati has no business in top 10. Rob should be 1

Is this real? Seems trollish.

I am not a big fan of Sandra, but she has won twice. Cirie orchestrated what turned out to be the stupidest move of all time. Cirie is a great strategist.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Is this real? Seems trollish.

I am not a big fan of Sandra, but she has won twice. Cirie orchestrated what turned out to be the stupidest move of all time. Cirie is a great strategist.
No it not trollish, people have different opinions. Cirie made one move and shes a top 10 player? :laugh: She was last place in every challenge , that is part of the game as well...

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
No it not trollish, people have different opinions. Cirie made one move and shes a top 10 player? :laugh: She was last place in every challenge , that is part of the game as well...

Cirie didn't just make one move. She essentially controlled the game in both Panama and Micronesia.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Pumped for the double episode. Gonna say the Gabby v Carl thing was a misdirect and the Goliaths lose the another in the first hour. I think the Davids will splinter in the second hour though and bring in 1 or more Goliaths to knock out one of their own.

Just for fun I'll say Angelina then Christian is blindsided with the idol in his pocket.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
This is such a damn good season. Gabby flew to close to the fire. But I love that everyone in the game is in there actually playing for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad