Surprising Roster of U18

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I am surprised about the current roster of the U18 national team...

When I take a look here:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...eagueID=WJC-18 D1A&startdate=2015&NationID=21

I am missing players such as Lean Bergmann, Niko Selivanov, Maximilian Kislinger, Maximilian Eisenmenger.
Is there any reason why they won't play?

Best regards

Bergmann and Kislinger are still playing with their teams in North America (Kislinger is in the 2nd round of the OHL playoffs and for Bergmann the playoffs will start this week). Selivanov is probably just not good enough and Eisenmenger is complicated. I believe he has both the German and the Swedish passport, but I am not sure if he even wants to play for Germany.

I had hoped we might see one or two young kids ('00 birthyear) on the team, but I guess not. I have I hopes for some of these kids. In particular Dominik Bokk, Yannik Valenti, Bastian Eckl and Tim Fleischer.
Otherwise I am rather happy with the team they selected.

Herman the German

Jun 30, 2009
As I see the team, U-18, won in overtime, two more wins away from being back in the Königsklasse. Followed the Austrian game and it seems they have alot of problems in their own end, D-men moving the puck up too slow(transaction), F-men hit Austrian's blueline and standing because they left the zone too early. The D in the DNL have the luxury of going themself and now it is reflecting the problem of moving it quick and F in the DNL loving the stretch passes so they don't have to come all they way back is a reflection of the DNL product. It will be interesting what they do against France? They skate well.

Herman the German

Jun 30, 2009
@Tronador, there are always questions when a national team is picked, some coaches have favourites, some take players to support their coaching style and there are always internal reasons being logical or not.

kaz

Mar 27, 2014
Herman is back....:yo: U-18's got lucky today against France, all based on individual skill, bouncing pucks, no plan, no structure and I can see why teams from the CHL sent players back. Too soft. If I am not wrong the head coach played university hockey in North America? It seemed at times they were playing a fore checking system 1-2-2, if so, the coach better show his players what to do. Against Belarus, Germany better work as a team, that is their only chance, if they rely on individual talent, Belarus has the upper hand. :nod:

Ushockeyagent

Sep 26, 2015
Bergmann and Kislinger are still playing with their teams in North America (Kislinger is in the 2nd round of the OHL playoffs and for Bergmann the playoffs will start this week). Selivanov is probably just not good enough and Eisenmenger is complicated. I believe he has both the German and the Swedish passport, but I am not sure if he even wants to play for Germany.

I had hoped we might see one or two young kids ('00 birthyear) on the team, but I guess not. I have I hopes for some of these kids. In particular Dominik Bokk, Yannik Valenti, Bastian Eckl and Tim Fleischer.
Otherwise I am rather happy with the team they selected.

Does Germany really wants players who are not playing in Germany? I have heard rumors that they should all come from "Bayern"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad