Surprising point totals/goalie stats thus far.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
What are some surprising point totals so far this season to you? (When it comes to players). For better or worse.

A few that stand out to me so far:

Jason Pominville: 10 points in 12 games.
Sean Couturier: 4 points in 12 games.
John Carlsson: 14 points in 10 games.
Braden Holtby: 3.41 GAA, 0.888 save percentage... 8 games

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I'd be interested to know how much scoring is up since this point last year. It feels like it's waaaay up, but I bet it's probably around the same. If it is, I figure the goalie equipment changes are probably the main reason.

For players some of the big ones are Rantanen (21), Meier (14), Chabot (13-- and higher than Karlsson) are the big surprises of October.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Also how could I forget, Bob.

3.58 GAA.
0.882 save percentage.
2-5-0

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
What are some surprising point totals so far this season to you? (When it comes to players). For better or worse.

A few that stand out to me so far:

Jason Pominville: 10 points in 12 games.
Sean Couturier: 4 points in 12 games.
John Carlsson: 14 points in 10 games.
Braden Holtby: 3.41 GAA, 0.888 save percentage... 8 games

Yeah Holtby's had a rough start with the Caps playing fast/furious and producing gobs of high danger chances at both ends of the ice.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
It’s still early and he will taper off some. But I don’t think anyone would’ve predicted Bergeron would have 19 points in 12 games.

He’s playing incredible this year.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I'd be interested to know how much scoring is up since this point last year. It feels like it's waaaay up, but I bet it's probably around the same. If it is, I figure the goalie equipment changes are probably the main reason.
I was actually just looking at this today. I didn't look at the league scoring numbers because I was more interested in seeing how the top end scorers were doing. Last season on this day there were 2 players at over 1.5PPG and 54 players at a PPG+ and that was much higher than seasons past. This season there are 10 players at 1.5PPG and 69 players at a PPG+. That's pretty incredible. I'm pretty sure the last time the NHL had this many players at a PPG+ pace (minimum 5 games played) was back in 1993. For reference, that season had 8 100+ scorers and 21 90+ point scorers.

November starts to separate the consistently elite players from the lucky, streaky, and banged up/injury prone players. Last year by December 1st there were no players over 1.5PPG and the PPG+ players dropped to 30. I'm curious to see what it looks like at the same time this season but I expect the PPG players to still be over 40.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->