Suprised and a little disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Just finished reading what Brett Willows had to say about how Sat night played out for him.

Gotta say MLSE, I'm surprised and a little disappointed in your ham handed, bush league way you have your emerge tender system set up.

This is not about how you treated the young lad, it's your system that sucks azz.

Caught him at the noodle shop and had to rush him to get his soaked gear?

What if the call came 10 minutes later and he had a belly full of noodles and maybe a pint or two under the belt? What if he had to actually fill the pipes, even for say 5 mins?

Get off your wallets and stop being lazy, get proactive.

Have someone well noticed that they will be the emerge , give them time to prep the day as they see fit and bloody well comp them +1 into the ACC for the game, regardless if a tender has gone down or not.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Does any other team in the league do what you're asking?

Who cares? If two goalies go down I'm not too concerned about the rest of that one game. Throw the pads on a forward and stick him in there. That'd be fun.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Just finished reading what Brett Willows had to say about how Sat night played out for him.

Gotta say MLSE, I'm surprised and a little disappointed in your ham handed, bush league way you have your emerge tender system set up.

This is not about how you treated the young lad, it's your system that sucks azz.

Caught him at the noodle shop and had to rush him to get his soaked gear?

What if the call came 10 minutes later and he had a belly full of noodles and maybe a pint or two under the belt? What if he had to actually fill the pipes, even for say 5 mins?

Get off your wallets and stop being lazy, get proactive.

Have someone well noticed that they will be the emerge , give them time to prep the day as they see fit and bloody well comp them +1 into the ACC for the game, regardless if a tender has gone down or not.

??? Do you understand the term 'emergency'?

They called him on such short notice because they had no other options. If they had a crystal ball then they would have known that Reimer would get hurt, and either have MacIntyre with them, or not had Leivo on the ice...or just started Bernier.

No one...NO ONE 'proactively' has an emergency goalie on standby.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Does any other team in the league do what you're asking?

Who cares? If two goalies go down I'm not too concerned about the rest of that one game. Throw the pads on a forward and stick him in there. That'd be fun.

You don't care, why?

Who gives a crap how other teams do it?

Why not do that extra little bit and better prepare for the what if?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
??? Do you understand the term 'emergency'?

They called him on such short notice because they had no other options. If they had a crystal ball then they would have known that Reimer would get hurt, and either have MacIntyre with them, or not had Leivo on the ice...or just started Bernier.

No one...NO ONE 'proactively' has an emergency goalie on standby.

Well for starters, your stance that no one does it, is a guess at best.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
You don't care, why?

Because the Leafs, nor any other team in the league, as far as I can remember, has ever actually iced an emergency goaltender in a game. And, if it were to happen, I personally would rather watch Ashton or McClement strap the pads on and get lit up than watch some dude from a Canadian university, who's possibly half in the bag, get lit up.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well I needed something random and weird to read I guess.

Emergency situations like that just happen. Other times the Marlies would have been in town and would have been fine.

In the end the guy gets to watch a Leafs game from a great seat and paid for it. Pretty win/win.

JMcLeaf

pinkman-what.gif

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
How many times has an emergency goaltender actually been required to suit up in a game? A couple of times in the last 30 years?

Way to blow things way out of proportion.

Remuskokafication

Jul 7, 2008
Scarborough
We need a system like in the (awful) movie White House Down, where if a goalie goes down we get our vice-backup goalie up in an Air Force One style plane circling around the ACC

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I don't consider a well thought out emergency 3rd goaltender plan to be an advantage in any practical way.

For the effort and cost it would take, i have to ask, why not?

Considering one of our tenders has concus issues, a litlle bump like that on Sat had the docts not clear him to play,

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Well for starters, your stance that no one does it, is a guess at best.

No, my stance is that an emergency callup is just that an emergency call up. About the only pro-actviness there is about it is that the Leafs have the U of Ts (and probably Ryerson and York) coaches number.

There has been about 2 or 3 cases in the last 5-6 years where a team has had to call in an emergency goalie to sit on the bench. Why have a proactive 'on call goalie' for something that happens probably once in a decade for a franchise.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Giving a player free admission + a comp every night to games(what about road games? free flight and hotel) could be considered cap circumvention and the team may suffer the consequences(a draft pick?). I would be more interested if you linked the comments from the goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad