Supplemental Prospect Rankings: Ryan Lindgren

Where would you fit Ryan Lindgren into our prospect rankings had he qualified?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
1. Alexis Lafreniere (F)
1.5 Kaapo Kakko (F)
2. Igor Shesterkin (G)

2.5 Adam Fox (D)
3. Nils Lundkvist (RD)
4. Vitali Kravtsov (F)
5. K'Andre Miller (LD)
6. Braden Schneider (RD)
7. Matthew Robertson (LD)
8. Julien Gauthier (F)

9. Morgan Barron (F)
10. Zac Jones (LD)
11. Tarmo Reunanen (LD)
12. Karl Henriksson (F)
13. Will Cuylle (F)
14. Libor Hajek (LD)
15. Tyler Wall (G)
16. Lauri Pajuniemi (F)
17. Evan Vierling (F)
18. Brett Berard (F)
19. Patrick Khodorenko (F)
20. Oliver Tarnstrom (F)

Reactions: slg1963

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I went 7th, though you could make an argument for as high as 4th.

Reactions: Krams

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Going to go with 7, right between Schneider and Robertson.

Can't in good conscience say that I wouldn't trade him for a Schneider-level prospect, and at the same time, if Robertson turns into a guy with Lindgren's eventual impact, I would be okay with it.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I could see him ranked ahead of Schneider and behind Robertson. But I'd put Schneider a bit ahead right now for higher ceiling and Robertson a bit behind as it wouldn't make me upset if Robertson's development results in exactly the same performance as Lindgren just had in his first year with the Rangers.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Going to go with 7, right between Schneider and Robertson.

Can't in good conscience say that I wouldn't trade him for a Schneider-level prospect, and at the same time, if Robertson turns into a guy with Lindgren's eventual impact, I would be okay with it.
I put 6 for "6.5." You put 7 with the same intentions. LOL

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
6th.

I think Schneider has about the same ceiling as him. A super steady stay at home top 4 dman that will be physical.

I could see a good case anywhere from 6-8 though.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

I like him but I don't think he'll be much better in the future, and that's not a bad thing
Such a fascinating case. I can make an argument for anywhere between 8 and 11.

Went with 8 more out of the risk factors still attributed to the others, rather than much perceived upside beyond where he already is as a player.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
7th. I liked what I saw from him last season, and it was a pleasant surprise because I was not all that high on him. I'm confident he will be a staple in the league for many years, but as of now I still don't see a ceiling beyond a 2nd/3rd pairing swingman. Comparing Lindgren and Schneider, offensively I view them similarly. But Schneider's instincts and stick defensively are higher end... He's also bigger (could still grow an inch or two) and far more physical.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
A 2nd rounder who had a great rookie year at 21 years old

He should be 8 at the absolute lowest

Gauthier more than a year older and has accomplished noticeably less comparably

You can argue upside, but you can't ignore actual professional level progression

Reactions: Beer League Sniper

Creepingjeff

Mar 4, 2016
5th, right after Kravtsov. He has shown he can handle 2nd pair minutes in the NHL. He has toughness that is hard to find and is very good at moving the puck out of the defensive zone.

The only prospects I am confident that will provide more on defense are Fox and Lundkvist. Miller, Schneider, and Robertson all could provide more, but also could provide much less. For defense, I personally rate the known a little higher than the unknown.

Reactions: RagFinMet

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
5.5. Behind Miller and a head of Schneider.
Exactly my thoughts.

It's tough to balance upside versus results, but I think Miller is far enough along in his development that you can reasonably put him ahead of Lindgren.

Schneider, on the other hand, still has a lot of questions about his game and how it will translate. The question I ask myself is: "Is said player likely to become a better player than Lindgren?" For Miller, I think the answer is yes. For Schneider, I think it's close, but based on statistics, I think you have answer no at this point in time.

However, I am a person who tends to value known quantities over upside. So take that for what you will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->