Superteams: Maple Leafs/Blue Jackets vs. Flames/Jets

Which team wins in a best-of-seven playoff series?

• Total voters

Veritas

Apr 7, 2020

:leafs :cbj

Pierre-Luc Dubois - Auston Matthews - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Gustav Nyquist - John Tavares - Mitch Marner
Alexander Wennberg - William Nylander - Cam Atkinson
Zach Hyman - Boone Jenner - Kasperi Kapanen

Morgan Rielly - Seth Jones
Zach Werenski - Tyson Barrie
Jake Muzzin - David Savard

Frederik Andersen
Elvis Merzlikins

:flames :jets

Kyle Connor - Mark Scheifele - Blake Wheeler
Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Patrik Laine
Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Elias Lindholm
Nikolaj Ehlers - Bryan Little - Jack Roslovic

Mark Giordano - T. J. Brodie
Josh Morrissey - Neal Pionk
Noah Hanifin - Rasmus Andersson

Connor Hellebuyck
David Rittich

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I'll take the West and also drop Laine down to the Backlund/Tkachuk duo as Lindholm already has great chemistry with his current linemates.

For the east I would also take a healthy Ryan Murray on the backend.

sure injuries have somewhat derailed what might have been but he has always been very under rated and playing in columbus is part of that.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Jets/Flames goaltending could steal the series due to how insane Helleybuyck has been this year. That being said overall the Leafs/Jackets roster kills them by the skater core so I'd bet on them.

I do think the Leafs/Jackets lines aren't very good though. Put Nylander as a wing and not at center he's clearly been a winger at the NHL level. Werenski should be with Savard and not Barrie, that pair would be far too much offense, too weak going back.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016

:leafs :cbj

Pierre-Luc Dubois - Auston Matthews - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Gustav Nyquist - John Tavares - Mitch Marner
Alexander Wennberg - William Nylander - Cam Atkinson
Zach Hyman - Boone Jenner - Kasperi Kapanen

Morgan Rielly - Seth Jones
Zach Werenski - Tyson Barrie
Jake Muzzin - David Savard

Frederik Andersen
Elvis Merzlikins

:flames :jets

Kyle Connor - Mark Scheifele - Blake Wheeler
Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Patrik Laine
Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Elias Lindholm
Nikolaj Ehlers - Bryan Little - Jack Roslovic

Mark Giordano - T. J. Brodie
Josh Morrissey - Neal Pionk
Noah Hanifin - Rasmus Andersson

Connor Hellebuyck
David Rittich
I would move Marner up, Nylander to Marner's spot, PLD to Nylander's spot Bjork to PLD's spot.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Only thing I would tweak with the Toronto Maple Jackets is Pierre Luc Dubois needs to be playing third line elite shut down, battering ram power center, and Nylander needs to be a scoring winger. This isn't a demotion for Dubois but making use of a 6'3" center the way he should be used.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Leafs and Jackets are a perfect match with a top 3 offense joining a top 3 D.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The West is deeper in all positions in forward, have a better overall defence and the goalies are a wash. I take the West.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Jets/Flames goaltending could steal the series due to how insane Helleybuyck has been this year. That being said overall the Leafs/Jackets roster kills them by the skater core so I'd bet on them.

I do think the Leafs/Jackets lines aren't very good though. Put Nylander as a wing and not at center he's clearly been a winger at the NHL level. Werenski should be with Savard and not Barrie, that pair would be far too much offense, too weak going back.
When you have forward groups like either of the two "super-teams" listed, I don't think betting on goaltending is the way to go.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
The Leafs alone can assemble two entire lines better than the 1st line that you've constructed, and Barrie should be in the press box, not on the ice.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I'll take the West and also drop Laine down to the Backlund/Tkachuk duo as Lindholm already has great chemistry with his current linemates.

For the east I would also take a healthy Ryan Murray on the backend.

sure injuries have somewhat derailed what might have been but he has always been very under rated and playing in columbus is part of that.

Murray over who though?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Either of these teams would probably win the Cup. All positions are fairly close but I'd say West has better wingers and goalies and East has better centres and dmen. Think I'd take the West overall, the depth is crazy.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Toronto/Columbus for me. More talent at Center and defense where as Flames/Jets are more talented on wings and in goal. General rule of thumb is that centers and defensemen are more important. Thus why I'm choosing them.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think the Flames/Jets have better forward depth, but the combo of Leafs' D and Columbus' D makes this an easy vote for the Leafs and Jackets combo.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I'd rather have Murray than Barrie anyday...

I'd love to see a line of:

Hyman - PLD - Nylander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad