TV: Superstore

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Looks like Kelly has left the show

And where has Marcus been? This show needs more Marcus!

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I like how the show handled Jonah and Amy getting together. I honestly didn't realize it until the scene where Garrett pointed it out.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
I cant remember but did that elderly Asian worker actually die? I remember people thinking he died in the hurricane but he showed up later, no?

And has there ever been an update on Amy's schooling? Is she still doing it?

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Marcus was back in tonight's episode, and it happened to be one of the better episodes in recent memory

Coincidence? Nope!

I'm also really liking what Mateo has brought to the show this season

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
We may be at the jump the hark stages with the whole Amy and Jonah relationship budding.
upload_2018-12-15_2-45-54.jpeg

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I find this is one of the more underrated shows on TV. Its quietly been on the air for 4 seasons (renewed for a 5th) and has smart humor. They portray the working life of a big box employee well, bring up societal issues but not to the extent its overbearing and find a way to blend in comedy in there.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
NBC ordered 5 more episodes so now Season 5 will have 22 episodes. :thumbu:

from deadline.com:

superstore.jpg

Blue-collar comedy Superstore continues to be the unsung hero of NBC's Thursday comedy lineup. And in recognition of its solid ratings performance, the network has ordered four more episodes, bringing its Season 5 total to 22.

That is considered a full-season order, and, besides the first season, which was short as Superstore started off as a midseason replacement, the comedy has gotten full-season orders every year. It is expected to be the only NBC comedy series this season to produce 22 episodes.

It is unclear why Superstore had a 18-episode fifth season pickup to begin with, but the back order also is a vote of confidence to the series following the showrunner change at the end of Season 4, with creator Justin Spitzer stepping down and Gabe Miller & Jonathan Green taking over.

So far in its fifth season, Superstore is averaging a 1.2 rating in adults 18-49 and 3.9 million viewers overall in Live+7. It is NBC’s highest rated series on Thursday and the highest rated comedy.

Reactions: Fripp

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
As a Kids In The Hall fan, why the hell is Mark McKinney's voice so high and weird in this show? He has toned it down lately, but over the first four seasons it was by far the most off-putting thing about this show.

On a better note, I appreciate how this show tries to show the ridiculousness of everyday life in retail, without constantly slagging any group in particular. Not an easy thing to do.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Just renewed for Season 6. :handclap:

from deadline.com:

NBC's Thursday comedy anchor Superstore has received an early Season 6 renewal by the network. It joins fellow workplace comedy series Brooklyn Nine-Nine, which also has been renewed for next season.

In its fifth season, Superstore, starring America Ferrera and Ben Feldman, is averaging a 1.1 rating in adults 18-49 and 3.8 million viewers overall in Live+7 Day Nielsens, sharing top honors among NBC’s comedy series with The Good Place. The season premiere has surged to a 3.4 in 18-49 and 7.5 million viewers when viewing on all platforms is counted.

That is because Superstore continues to rank as one of NBC’s strongest digital performers, generating 50% of its Live+35 day 18-49 average this season from digital sources, tying The Good Place as NBC’s most digital series so far this season. Along with Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Superstore is one of the most watched programs on Hulu.

Full story: ‘Superstore’ Renewed For Season 6 By NBC – Deadline

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from etcanada.com:

nup_188873_0787.jpg

Fans of “Superstore” were sad to hear America Ferrera announce the current season, its fifth, will be her last, and now she’s exiting even earlier than planned.

While it was originally announced that the storyline of her character, Amy, would be wrapped up in the season’s remaining episodes, production on “Superstore” is shutting down early as the COVID-19 pandemic begins impacting everyday life in North America.

“So today is unexpectedly my last day shooting on Superstore for the season. We’re shutting down production,” the actress revealed in an Instagram Stories on Friday, reported TV Insider.

“I’m about to go shoot my last scene. None of my cast members are here, and this is not how we expected to be ending the season,” she said.

Full story: America Ferrera Films Season’s Final ‘Superstore’ Scene As Production Halts Due To Coronavirus Pandemic

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
What a great show. I really loved it. If it only goes one more season I'll be satisfied.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
What a great show. I really loved it. If it only goes one more season I'll be satisfied.

I think it's one of NBC's biggest comedies, and since none of the actors involved are household names, I can't image they're commanding big salaries, so I would suspect the show is quite profitable

I'd be surprised if it didn't carry on for a few more seasons

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I think it's one of NBC's biggest hits, and since none of the actors involved are household names, I can't image they're commanding big salaries, so I would suspect the show is quite profitable

I'd be surprised if it didn't carry on for a few more seasons

I hope so.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
If Ferrera stuck around I think they could easily get 2 or 3 more seasons but now I think next season will probably be the last for this great show. :(

I don't think Amy was a particularly strong, or likeable character, so I'm not really sure how much she'll be missed

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
If Ferrera stuck around I think they could easily get 2 or 3 more seasons but now I think next season will probably be the last for this great show. :(

I don't think Amy was a particularly strong, or likeable character, so I'm not really sure how much she'll be missed

I guess it comes down to what affects this show more - losing their biggest name on the cast list or losing one of the main characters ( albeit not a totally likable character ) from the storylines. I hope you're right and the show continues to get good ratings for a few more seasons but I honestly think losing Ferrera is the beginning of the end for this show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->