TV: Superstore

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
This show is loaded with great characters. The 5 second scenes of people shopping in the store in between our main story are always hilarious. And Sandra is amazing. The running bit this season, with her getting cut off every time she mentions Jerry's coma is fantastic.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Been happy so far with season 3. Feels like this is a under the radar type comedy, it does a good job critiquing societal issues like the Health care episode but still making the show enjoyable to watch.

Reactions: Thucydides

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
It's still going strong? I enjoyed season 1 but kind of stopped following it and no reason in particular.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
It's still going strong? I enjoyed season 1 but kind of stopped following it and no reason in particular.

It keeps getting better and better

Often times on a show like this, it takes a while for each of the actors to fully develop their character's quirks

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Can we all agree that Dina is the best character on the show?

Garrett is great too, but Dina is the one driving the bus

Reactions: Thucydides

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Love this show and having worked in retail in the past I can relate to a lot.

Jonah is funny but irritating at the same time. He's like the Brian Griffin of live action sitcoms.

To me the relatability factor is big as everyone can relate to life as a retail worker even if someone didn't necessarily work for a big box chain. I'm a bit surprised the show isn't as well known as it's not only relatable but it's also quite smart in its writing.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
To me the relatability factor is big as everyone can relate to life as a retail worker even if someone didn't necessarily work for a big box chain. I'm a bit surprised the show isn't as well known as it's not only relatable but it's also quite smart in its writing.

This is exactly why it isn't as popular as it probably should/could be. For whatever reason, whether it be that the general public doesn't want to think this much when watching TV or that they aren't smart enough to understand the subtle jokes, shows like this never take off.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
This is exactly why it isn't as popular as it probably should/could be. For whatever reason, whether it be that the general public doesn't want to think this much when watching TV or that they aren't smart enough to understand the subtle jokes, shows like this never take off.

It frustrtes me that such shows just don't take off, meanwhile a show like the Big Bang Theory is still going despite it in my opinion not being that funny or witty.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Dammit.

Was part-way through Season 2, and it's still On Demand, but now they want me to pay for the episodes.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Earlier I said Jonah was like Brian Griffin. After this past episode, I think he's even worse. His inability to accept that Kelly believes in a higher power was more annoying than funny.

There's a difference between believing in a "higher power" and believing in haloed angels with wings

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The show was renewed for another season. Good news since it has a witty sense of humor that isn' too frequent anymore for network comedies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I will say though the last two episodes have been a bit disappointing in regards to Amy/Jonah becoming a thing. It was bound to happen but I think the writers would have been better off toying with Jonah/Kelly a little bit more. Their PA intercom bits were pretty funny.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Sandra is quickly becoming one of the major players on the show

But where was Marcus? I hope he wasn't replaced with that Corey guy

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Looks like Myrtle may have been written off the show

I wonder if she has some health issues

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think it's official. Marcus is my favorite character

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Right before Jonah got all jealous with Amy's new boyfriend I was thinking how great things are now they Jonah moved in with Kelly and Amy has a new guy. It's my only gripe with how the season has gone, I feel like the show benefits more by having Any and Jonah bounce off each other as friends rather than being in a relationship.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Wondering if I can get this on Youtube TV..

I've seen an episode here and there in the past -- thought the show was pretty darn funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad