Superstitions

Ghills23

Young Guns
Aug 12, 2006
Buffalo
Do any of you have any superstitions? Well I know most of you probably do. I never realized I did until recently.

Every game during warm-ups I go over to the bench and stretch. Put my legs up on the board. Then I hop over the boards and tighten my skates. For some reason I always think I need to tighten my skates during warm-ups.

Anybody else do anything similar? Or crazier?

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
If I eat some food before the game and do well, I'll keep eating it until it runs out or I stop scoring.

EG/ I scored 3 goals and 2 assists while eating hot sandwiches before the game (healthy eh?). The next day I ate the same meal and scored 2 goals. Unfortunately I also broke my thumb that game so the streak ended anyway. My 2nd game back from my broken thumb I ate hot sandwiches before a game and scored another 2. lol

Just small things. I try to do similar things before each game if I keep scoring. If I'm scoring, I try not to tape my stick for as long as possible.

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
1. Eat same lunch & dinner on game day
2. Dress left to right
3. Tuck in jersey (Gilmour style)
4. Tap the net (crossbar, then right post) after warm up
5. Last guy to talk to the goalie before the game

XweekendwarriorX

Jul 19, 2007
Buffalo,NY
Been doing this since i was in high school but i get there early use the bathroom and shower. odd yes but it makes me feel fresh ready to go. i also like to listen to some music before i get there but i think most guys who play listen to music before.

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
I always put on the right skate first, same goes for my right shin pad, elbow pad, slash guard and glove. I do this at home as well with my shoes, pant legs and flip flops. Im pretty sure I will be struck by lightning if I dont follow this routine.

MeltingPlastic

Jul 1, 2010
Outside Philly
Not nec superstitions but i've always just put my right shin pads on first for some reason, but its not like i have to and I've also always tapped crossbar and post skating around the net during warmups on the first lap.

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
Not really. I dress left to right (left shin, right shin, left sock, right sock, etc.) but that's sort of just habit as I do that with all my clothes. I also always pee before hockey, but that's usually just because I have to go.

Frozen North

Healthy Scratch
Oct 8, 2002
OK
Visit site
For 8 years, I always parked in the same area of the rink parking lot. If I had to park somewhere else, I felt "off".

Also, I used to tap my stick in the middile of the logo at center ice before games, but I found that it really didn't affect my play if I did it or not, so I stopped.

Ghills23

Young Guns
Aug 12, 2006
Buffalo
I always put on the right skate first, same goes for my right shin pad, elbow pad, slash guard and glove. I do this at home as well with my shoes, pant legs and flip flops. Im pretty sure I will be struck by lightning if I dont follow this routine.

You might have OCD. :sarcasm:

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I'd kiss the hem of my jersey. On the back, between my two 8's.
A jersey respect thing. Teammates didn't understand it, but then most of them didn't have much respect for the team as a whole.

hitmanjat

Oct 21, 2010
All gear goes on left to right. If i am in a rush and do it wrong i take it off and do it again lol

NJDwoot

Apr 28, 2010
I like to sit in the same spot in the locker room (first spot on the right) on game days... for stick time and whatnot it doesnt matter. and like to park in the same general location in the parking lot but that cant always happen.

darkmoon1196

Feb 22, 2010
i have four sticks in my stick bag, yet i only use one (and one as a backup). i'm afraid that all three of my first sticks will break, even though i've only broken one in my many years of playing.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
i have four sticks in my stick bag, yet i only use one (and one as a backup). i'm afraid that all three of my first sticks will break, even though i've only broken one in my many years of playing.

Stick bag? Really?

Timmys coffee before the game. Half superstition...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad