Superstars in the NHL without glaring weakness

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
He was a consistent PKer for the Penguins until 2010(around a min per game). So he can do it. Crosby would no doubt still be a good PKer today. If 4th liners can do it, then so can Crosby. It's just that it isn't very smart to waste your superstars minutes on the PK. Also You don't want Crosby out there blocking shots.
I can't disagree with that logic however when I hear Crosby is good on the D side i can't agree as a Wings fan and seen Feds / Dats / Z as Star forwards who got pissed when the other team had the puck and hunted it down.Feds is not a good example because as Forwards go he was absolutely the best.Pecca was really good,Rod the Bod also.
Hossa is a guy with a every tool in the box who was also committed to a 200 foot game.
Crosby is like many greats who didn't care unless the puck was on their stick.JJ was probably the most guilty of that as was Mario and Wayne .
I take that back ,Bure was the absolute worse.
So if someone says Crosby is good all 200 feet then Hossa ,Dats ,Z were amazing .Make sense ?
Some players sacrifice some offense to break up plays or rip someone off.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
not gonna sit here and tell you Crosby is some awesome defensive player. It's just that it isn't a weakness of his and that he is above average away from the puck, Especially in the playoffs.

Crosby isn't winning any Selkes but he sure as heck isn't what you would call below average defensively.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Marner with Rick Nash size. Really his only weakness if he can be knocked off the puck if you catch him before he gets skating. If he had the size to fight those bumps off he would be unstoppable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad