Superstar Mitch Marner (Appreciation Thread)

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Doesn't it seem like when one is going the other is slumping? I think it's why every Marner / Matthews thread turns into a comparison because they're almost never going at the same time.
True. However, I've found Marner far more consistent in 2018/2019.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Marner has achieved Patrick Kane levels in the regular season and now needs to sustain and match in the playoffs.

Marner has surpassed Jack Eichel, however.
I've been saying this for over a year now... Marner will go down as the 2nd best player of his draft year.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
no doubt about it. And Matthews is going the other way. He floats more now than he ever did as a rookie. He actually used to be a really good 2 way player.
He's only shown glimpses of his former self since the Kronwall hit - When he's on, he's still one of the best in the League, but we're not seeing as much of it as we should be. These past 2 seasons have been rough on him, physically (and, I would assume, mentally), but the Matthews we know and love will be back. Hopefully in time for the Playoffs, because we're gonna need him.

As for Mitch, he's ri-goddamn-diculous - Imagine if he hadn't battled mono in his rookie season?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Haha on posters attempting to take a shot at Matthews. Matthews is a player right now playing with the wrong ideal right winger presently.

Somebody try guessing why Nylander doesn't play with Matthews in overtime tonight against the Canucks????

Babcock really needs to be called out on his line choices, so I will call him out. Its bad coaching.

When you've just signed a $11.6 million AAV contract, the last excuse that you can make for under performing or not producing is sub optimal linemates.

And for the record, I'm a bigger Matthews fan than Marner fan and think we have the greatest success if he's better than Marner.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
When you've just signed a $11.6 million AAV contract, the last excuse that you can make for under performing or not producing is sub optimal linemates.

And for the record, I'm a bigger Matthews fan than Marner fan and think we have the greatest success if he's better than Marner.
Not to mention Kap and Andreas are 2 of the best wingers we have. It's mostly just Nylander fans whose interest is Nylander and not Matthews. It's fake concern for Matthews, real concern for Nylander.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I agree. He'll make more than Crosby and Crosby makes his line-mates better, not the other way around.

Reactions: Al14

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Not to mention Kap and Andreas are 2 of the best wingers we have. It's mostly just Nylander fans whose interest is Nylander and not Matthews. It's fake concern for Matthews, real concern for Nylander.

No... its proven chemistry. Thats it thats all. Common knowledge really

43Kadri43

Jun 15, 2017

Matthews is an elite goal scorer; Nylander is an elite playmaker and play driver. This isn’t f***ing rocket science kid.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I would disagree with this one because I don't think there are a ton of "Nylander first" fans right now.

People seem extremely anxious with Matthews because they're scared that we a) paid too much for him b) if Babcock doesn't make him happy he'll leave in five years c) our success doesn't primarily come from him d) we need to put everything on a silver platter for him deserved or not.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I've been saying this for over a year now... Marner will go down as the 2nd best player of his draft year.
Same, except pre-draft.

People should start to get their heads around the notion that he will sign for Matthews money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->