Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
That's it.

It will be 75 once the Pirhanna Plant is released in Jan/Feb, and then 80 once the entire DLC Fighter Pack is released.

Perfect. And I believe I'm approaching the end of the World of Light as well. There's still one spirit back at the beginning that I'm stuck on (The Boss), but I've nabbed every other one thus far.

Bowser is so strong in this mode. Resistant to damage and ridiculously strong smashes.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I lost Rosalina when she first arrived but:

I missed Snake (again) - i don't know how he's hitting me
Diddy Kong: unlocked (How i have no idea. lol but i'll take it)
Meta Knight (third time)
Richer (fourth/fifth time)
Lucas (lol i knocked him off and the poor kid was trapped underneath the car
Ganondorf (still don't know how. same with Diddy Kong. i think we both hit the special, and i won?)
R.O.B.

i just missed on Incenerator? or whatever he's called. he kicked my BUTT.
i just checked. this is who else i need: mewtwo, chrom, Game & Watch, Dark Pit, Olimar, Wolf, Mega Man, Greninja, Mii Brawler/Gunner, Palutena, Pacman, Robin, Bowser and Duck hunt. oh Ken and Cloud too. pretty spiffy :)

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Beat World of Light. Full credit to the Smash team, that final boss was a hell of a challenge.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
K Rool is one of the hardest characters I've played against. It's only day 1 so I stink, but he has a decent recovery, super armor, decent projectiles, he's heavy, and he hits really f***ing hard. Still, he's slow and heavy, so he is still susceptible to juggling.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I am really digging Incineroar. He's like the hulk. It's hard to get close to him because his moves have good reach. Great combos.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I really enjoyed the hidden Pit/Paletania chats even if a lot of them were recycled from 4. Rictor’s might have been my favorite.

I wish the Snake codecs were brought back.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah i'm uninstalling this until i see a concrete fix for online. If they don't, oh well guess i'll go find something else to play.

For the last damn time, i do not want to play free for all without items. FFA with items? Chaotic, not all that competitive, but pretty damn fun. FFA without items is literally camp the corner spot of the stage and pray the other 3 leave you alone. I want to play what i picked. This would be like if Overwatch threw you into a competitive match instead of quick play when you didn't queue for it.

It's an absolute shame too. This game's the best the series has been since melee. (and no i'm not one of those fans, i despise high level melee play but loved how much faster paced it was at lower skill levels compared to brawl/4) Great story mode, amazing love put into every inch of the game, but of course Nintendo has to do what Nintendo does and shoot themselves in the ****ing foot again.

Get off your asses and fix the matchmaking. I'm sure the free for all players don't want people who don't want to play with people who just throw themselves off the stage/idle in protest.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I've still only played like 2 online matches. Its funny but I don't really perceive Smash Bros as an online game. Maybe thats because my first exposure to Smash was on the N64 in 1998. Its probably also why I am so confused by the obsession with using Gamecube controllers over literally anything else.

Right now I am just trying to work through everyone's classic campaign mode. Pac-Man's is a real treat. He just fight all classic gaming icons.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I really enjoyed the hidden Pit/Paletania chats even if a lot of them were recycled from 4. Rictor’s might have been my favorite.

I wish the Snake codecs were brought back.
Snake's codecs are in the game, but they're all the same as Brawl.

Roy Campbell's Japanese VA passed away in 2012 so that's likely why no new ones were recorded.

Or Nintendo was just lazy.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I totally forgot Snake was going to be in this game until I read about it up above. That excites me!

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Incineroar is lots of fun. Probably my favorite heavy in the game.

If you can manage to grab someone with his side-b move you can basically juggle them to death with good timing. That's not easy but with practice I'm sure it can be done. It also links up well with his up-b move, though you need to be mindful not to kill yourself.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I totally forgot Snake was going to be in this game until I read about it up above. That excites me!

I legit keep forgetting about all the unlockable characters so when some of them show up I get legit pumped.

Got Little Mac and Ridley last night. Still waiting for Snake. Havent even been challenged by him yet.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I legit keep forgetting about all the unlockable characters so when some of them show up I get legit pumped.

Got Little Mac and Ridley last night. Still waiting for Snake. Havent even been challenged by him yet.

It's such a fun feeling when that screen pops up. It reminds of when I was a kid playing Melee cause back then I didn't really know when anything was going to happen so it was always an awesome surprise.

Personally I get more excited when old returning characters pop up over the new ones released for this game.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Finally got to play for about 50 minutes last night.

For having not played since late 90s/early 2000s... I suck! LOL

I unlocked Ness and somebody else who I can't seem to remember... but Bowser has whipped me bad at least 4 times. Very frustrating but I'm still having fun so I'll keep at it.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I got Olimar. (by sheer luck)
the dude was kicking my butt i couldn't even do anything, and then the platform went away and i was like no where near it but i didn't realise Olimar was there too, so he died before I did. hah

got Pac-Man too.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
In very Nintendo fashion, they have sent by EMAIL a 16 DIGIT DOWNLOAD CODE that you need to manually enter into the eShop's 'redeem code' section in order to make sure you get Pirhanna Plant.

The email isn't even well titled either. The title just said something like "thank you for your purchase of Smash Bros". I assumed it was another receipt or one of their survey's they send out.

MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL!

Nintendo gonna Nintendo. :rolleyes:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Since there are so many fighters, I am conducting a journey to try out every fighter once. The downside to this is I am playing many for the first time since Melee and I got absolutely owned by Wii Trainer and Jigglypuff in the "incoming new fighter" section. Holy smokes, Jigglypuff owned me as Captain Falcon, like 180 damage to 40.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
In very Nintendo fashion, they have sent by EMAIL a 16 DIGIT DOWNLOAD CODE that you need to manually enter into the eShop's 'redeem code' section in order to make sure you get Pirhanna Plant.

The email isn't even well titled either. The title just said something like "thank you for your purchase of Smash Bros". I assumed it was another receipt or one of their survey's they send out.

Thanks for the heads up. Went straight to my spam folder.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Work week and girlfriend are really interfering with me smash time haha. Got to 46 characters last night. I’ll have a couple hours tonight, hopefully can get to well over 50.

Simon Belmont is a gigantic disappointment for me. His recovery is awful. The only thing I like about him is playing against him. Link has always been my main so it’s really entertaining hitting an opponent trying to recover with a well timed arrow and watching them fall to their doom.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Finally got Luigi. I'm sitting at 47 .

Still no Snake, Cloud, ROB, Mega Man, Duck Hunt, and a few more of my favs.

I'm definitely close to unlocking all the Fire Emblem people though :rolleyes:

I played Lucinas classic mode to get it over with and it felt like her path was Nintendo being funny about how uninteresting all those characters are .

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm finally about to play after getting it on Friday (work and other bull**** has gotten in the way).

What is the best way to play since I don't have a Gamecube adapter thingy?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Wait, what? I bought the physical copy. Does that mean that I don't get Pirhana Plant? :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad