Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So been getting characters; got Pit, Marth, and Villager yesterday (Villager was actually pretty tough). Again the side character trophy items are still beyond overpowered. I played my bro yesterday in a 2v2 with computer at level 9 and in one sequence I picked up a character trophy which turned out to be a Street Fighter character. He punches both my bro and his partner on each edge of the map, the Final Smash icon drops straight down like two seconds later to the middle where I punch the hell out of it and get one free KO with Starfox's smash and get another free KO with the street fighter character. Only way I won that match and my bro has done the same to me.

Also how Nintendo distributed the Plant character is beyond dumb.

-Love the inklings! Their move set is awesome, incorporating all the different Splatoon weapons and covering opponents in ink is so fun! It really is true about how all the fighters actually feel comparable to their real videogame counterparts, not just palette swaps in a fighting game.
Splatoon is very unique and I had so much fun using them, but not being able to reload your ink between 1% to 5% is frustrating though. They make up for it by increasing Splatoon's speed - they're up there with Pikachu and Starfox as some of the fastest moving characters. My main character is Starfox and from the very little that I have experienced so far Pit is probably my 2nd and Inkling in third as of now. If there is one I cannot stand, it is Yoshi - hate everything about his move list to the way he moves for survival jumps.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i don't mind the difficulty i'm just curious how to do the glowly hit thing, or like "finish them."

press "special" (b?) without any direction. (if you let the game on and dont touch anything, they show you a demo on how to play. i needed that lol)

but yeah now is falco the asshole who just keeps beating me.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
okay. finally got Wario, Isabelle, Little Ken. Luigi and Daisy.
Roy, Lucina, and Richer are like so fast. (I always get Lucina ready for the kill but again. she gets the big freeze frame smash on me. which annoys me).

most times they punch me and i can't get back onto the screen. Diddy Kong just kicked my butt in this regard.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
press "special" (b?) without any direction. (if you let the game on and dont touch anything, they show you a demo on how to play. i needed that lol)

but yeah now is falco the ******* who just keeps beating me.

thanks. it's hard to figure out some of these because i don't have the GC controller. just don't have a spare 50.00

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I play with a pro but they don’t tell you what to press, because I guess you can configure the buttons.
So it’s attack, special and block when reading the game turorial.

Still can’t beat falco. I suck. This game is not easy.

Reactions: CPTN71

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
So Joker from Persona is gonna be in here. Prob gonna buy Smash finally. Easy money for Nintendo

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Character request: Professor Oak, how fun would that be?

He’s the Pokémon guy right?

It would be cool if he was like another Pokémon trainer but used a different three Pokémon.

I wanna put money on a Marvel fighter showing up. Nintendo producing that Ultimate Alliance game....my bet is a Smash announcement coincides with that game’s release for maximum hype capitalization. Hell Smash already has representatives from Marvel vs Capcom, what’s one more?!

I’d bet on Captain America (least violent, shied would be awesome), Iron Man (legit global icon now and less political than Cap), or Wolverine (was prominently featured in the MUA3 trailer and still iconic).

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Isabelle keeps kicking my ass.

and the sucky part is once you get her, it's not like she kicks ass either. lol i was very bummed.

So. I unlocked
Wario
Luigi
Isabelle (finally)
King DeeDee
Little Ken (finally)
Lucina (finally)
Roy (who is like my new favourite character)
Corrin
Toon Link
Daisy
Pichu and
Pokemon Trainer

Mega Knight, the robot that looks like WALL-E, Diddy Kong and Richer, Lucas , Snake oh and Ganondorf are going to be in my "Challenger's Approach" door.

the annoying this now, when they punch me off, i can't get back onto the platform. that sucks. lol.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He’s the Pokémon guy right?

It would be cool if he was like another Pokémon trainer but used a different three Pokémon.

I wanna put money on a Marvel fighter showing up. Nintendo producing that Ultimate Alliance game....my bet is a Smash announcement coincides with that game’s release for maximum hype capitalization. Hell Smash already has representatives from Marvel vs Capcom, what’s one more?!

I’d bet on Captain America (least violent, shied would be awesome), Iron Man (legit global icon now and less political than Cap), or Wolverine (was prominently featured in the MUA3 trailer and still iconic).

Yeah thats the one!

And great ideas across the board. I think all three of those superhero options would translate well into the smash formula!

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I played at a friend's house the other night.

Richter and Roy feel pretty good to me. Wolf takes some getting used to for me; I haven't played him in 10 years. Still, I'm getting the hang of the play style and find him lots of fun to play. Space with Ftilt and/or Fair, poke with dtilt, use lasers to rack up free damage and to force approaches, combo starter with uthrow, and fair or uair make for some good juggling moves. Nair for ledge traps and bair sweetspot kills at 85%.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Got challenged by Little Mac last night after finishing Toon Link's solo mode. He beat the shit outta me! :eek:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I have lost track of the number of challengers I've lost to. At first it was pretty easy but the difficulty ramps up significantly. Incineroar and Zero Suit Samus in particular completely destroyed me multiple times. And it seems the option to re-challenge comes and goes after a certain number of attempts.

The game is starting to get pretty tough! I need to find a way to practice some more advanced techniques. I never use my shield or throw and I know that's something I need to start figuring out how to do. I am also struggling to find a character I am most comfortable with. To be honest they are all pretty strong and I kind of like everyone so far. Young Link and Kirby were characters I used the most in previous games so I'm using them more often but Captain Falcon and Marth are also pretty good. They are all pretty good, haven't yet found any characters I don't like.

There were a few fights in World of Light that were brutal. The Dr Mario fight with the mini snakes, the Isabelle + Robin fight for the Sakura spirit were killer. The Rayman spirit fight too.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
There is a world of light stage where you fight Shulk and some other Fire Emblem chick or something and you're defense goes down huge "after a little while" (which is actually like 10 seconds) and it is now sitting all by itself, everything around it has been unlocked except for that one fight. I get destroyed every time and don't seem to have any spirits to counteract they're special powers.

I love that I can leave it and go do a million other stages though. Last one that stood out to me was to capture the Goomba spirit on the classic Mushroom Kingdom stage and I had to fight an army of miniature, brown Donkey Kongs who represented a bunch of Goombas.

I really appreciate the increased challenge as well. So much more engaging and feels so much more exciting than playing either version of Smash 4.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
So it’s basically impossible to find a GameCube controller adapter. Nintendo really messed that up. Hopefully they’re producing them like crazy right now.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
So it’s basically impossible to find a GameCube controller adapter. Nintendo really messed that up. Hopefully they’re producing them like crazy right now.

i know. amazon is letting people sell them for 3000 dollars.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
i am laughing. i went to get Darunia and i kept getting Ko'ed (I had Mario and Yoshi). I changed to Kirby, and I literally have NO IDEA what i did. i just held b, and all of a sudden it said VICTORY.

this game is so weird. lol

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Getting more comfortable with this whole spirits things. Is it just me or was this never really explained anywhere? It seems it's just kind of like a rock/paper/scissors thing with the support spirits giving some extra bonuses. Some of the "start equipped with x item" spirits are very useful, especially starting off with a bomb or drill. Has helped me win some battles bigtime.

Reactions: Pilky01

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I believe I've finally unlocked everyone. Got the message saying all fighters were unlocked, and I've got a 74 character roster. I'm assuming that's the current available amount?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I believe I've finally unlocked everyone. Got the message saying all fighters were unlocked, and I've got a 74 character roster. I'm assuming that's the current available amount?

That's it.

It will be 75 once the Pirhanna Plant is released in Jan/Feb, and then 80 once the entire DLC Fighter Pack is released.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->