Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What are peoples thoughts on Joker? I feel like I'm playing just another Fire emblem character with a slightly different skin.

I also have not played too much of him so maybe thats a harsh outlook

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The more i play this, the more i realize i'm getting kind of tired of how gimmicky this series has become

Joker's another great example. His weeb trash persona is like 45 times stronger than he is. totally unfun to fight against.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Holy hyperbole.

He just came out. Was watching a bunch of players play dittos and Joker vs someone else and it's not like Joker is a an automatic win. He will probably be a high tier character. Don't think top tier.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
The more i play this, the more i realize i'm getting kind of tired of how gimmicky this series has become

Joker's another great example. His weeb trash persona is like 45 times stronger than he is. totally unfun to fight against.

salt.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
How many fighter pass characters are out? I haven't really played in awhile on my file.

Just Joker. Nobody else has been announced either.

I am waiting. Ill be shocked if they can muster 2 or 3 characters that I would care about even a little bit. At this point it would have to be Master Chief, Crash Bandicoot and Goku to get me to care.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
What are peoples thoughts on Joker? I feel like I'm playing just another Fire emblem character with a slightly different skin.

I also have not played too much of him so maybe thats a harsh outlook

Fire Emblem is a weird comp for me. To me Joker is closest to a buffed Sheik.

I loved Persona 5 so I really wanted to like him but...nah. I don't like how the Arsene mechanic actually punishes you for winning, since you won't build it up as much. Also find it really weird how the recovery is significantly worse with Arsene. Just not feeling him.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I sort of forgot about this forum for awhile but I've been super into Smash for the past few months. Some random thoughts:

- Online with lag is like an entirely different game. I spent my first ~50 hours offline (first Smash game) and was horrified at my first experiences online. I can see why heavies are more popular there than on LAN, might as well just throw out huge hitboxes and hope they run into them

- When I do have an online match without noticeable lag, so much fun. The only thing I don't like is the stages, I typically just play on tournament legal ones so I keep getting cheesed on these gimmicky stages I'm not used to lol

Top 5 favourite pros to watch

1. Marss
2. Awestin
3. Tweek
4. Tea
5. ESAM

Characters I use in order of frequency

1. Lucina
2. Zero Suit Samus
3. Cloud
4. Greninja
5. Ness

Now that I'm playing online though, thinking of mixing up my Fire Emblems. Might start going more Ike or Roy instead of Lucina if I'm getting lag and would prefer more power than precision.

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
GOML was a crazy tournament in both Melee and Ultimate. Definitely recommend watching some VODs.

Really liked seeing Leo's Joker. And Shoyo James' Chrom is so clean, so much fun to watch. He just destroyed Cosmos at times. But getting to see multiple Tweek and Marss sets was the best possible outcome, especially with Tweek busting out the secret Roy. The past few weeks I've been maining Roy with a ZSS secondary so that was the best possible way for me to see them played at an elite level.

Also no Olimars or Snakes in the top 8. Ultimate is saved.

I feel like I've turned a corner online since I've started focusing mainly on Roy. Been winning a lot more than I lose lately.

I know that I'm still terrible, but I'm hoping after a few more months of leveling up I feel up to trying a local.

Last edited:

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
GOML was a crazy tournament in both Melee and Ultimate. Definitely recommend watching some VODs.

Really liked seeing Leo's Joker. And Shoyo James' Chrom is so clean, so much fun to watch. He just destroyed Cosmos at times. But getting to see multiple Tweek and Marss sets was the best possible outcome, especially with Tweek busting out the secret Roy. The past few weeks I've been maining Roy with a ZSS secondary so that was the best possible way for me to see them played at an elite level.

Also no Olimars or Snakes in the top 8. Ultimate is saved.

I feel like I've turned a corner online since I've started focusing mainly on Roy. Been winning a lot more than I lose lately.

I know that I'm still terrible, but I'm hoping after a few more months of leveling up I feel up to trying a local.
Can't hurt going to locals! They're fun and if you play to improve instead of playing to win, you'll get better naturally. Try to win, but don't make it a priority so you don't get tilted easily. I've slowly upped my game doing that

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Not gonna lie. Even as a Wolf main, I'm not sure how Nintendo thought it was okay to give him just another slap on the wrist to downsmash while nair is stupidly safe and upsmash is high utility while not as powerful. Not gonna complain though, game plan literally didn't change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->