Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
I fell asleep just before the finals, cant believe Void lost...definitely thought he had it. Although in saying that I also thought Zackray would make the runback. That kid is insane for being 15

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Manage to crack Elite Smash with both Samus and Dedede. Both at 3.6 GSP or higher.

People can't seem to deal with a Samus who actually realizes they have an A button or a Dedede that doesn't spam Gordo toss at every given chance. :laugh:

Some characters i despise dealing with though;

Mega Man - Everything about him just screams ***** mode. Way too much knockback on projectiles, that ****ing leaf shield, can just camp if he wants

Ness - Janky hitboxes, a PK fire that's a hell of a lot harder to read/DI out of because of the input/buffer, irritating beyond all belief

Lucas - Same reasons. The funny thing is he actually does pretty well hand to hand because he has multi hit tilts/aerials but noooo 95% of people just sit and spam PK fire (PK freeze is additionally BS)

Young Link - "Let's give a Link stronger, faster arrows." Brilliant

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Nintendo Direct tomorrow should hopefully give us a release date for Joker and hopefully a look at other future DLC fighters

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
They gotta announce something. I can't imagine they have sold very many 'Fighters Pass' things.
I feel the opposite:The Joker announcement that caught everyone by surprise probably made a lot of people buy passes, since it seems all the DLC fighters will be big, third-party guests.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Yeah and 2.0 wasn't some big leap forward.

Smash is weird. It has massive mainstream appeal, but outside of competitive players, i'm not sure it actually occupies a lot of people's play time.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That showdown between MVD and Light was ****ing unreal on sunday. You talk about a set coming down to the wire. MVD had the critical hit screen on Light twice and the bastard just wouldn't die. His set with Samsora was pretty nuts too. Samsora came back from the 2-0 only to get his back absolutely broken in game 5.

Mad props to somebody squeezing that much out of what is otherwise a jank character in Snake and MVD proving he's no fluke after winning Don't Park on the Grass.

Looks like we have something resembling a top tier starting to flesh out; Ike, Inking, Fox, Wolf, Peach, Olimar and then a whole smattering of all characters that are high-ish tier like Roy, Yoshi, Mega Man, Lucina, Snake, etc.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
That showdown between MVD and Light was ****ing unreal on sunday. You talk about a set coming down to the wire. MVD had the critical hit screen on Light twice and the bastard just wouldn't die. His set with Samsora was pretty nuts too. Samsora came back from the 2-0 only to get his back absolutely broken in game 5.

Mad props to somebody squeezing that much out of what is otherwise a jank character in Snake and MVD proving he's no fluke after winning Don't Park on the Grass.

Looks like we have something resembling a top tier starting to flesh out; Ike, Inking, Fox, Wolf, Peach, Olimar and then a whole smattering of all characters that are high-ish tier like Roy, Yoshi, Mega Man, Lucina, Snake, etc.

MVD was a beast going through all of Day 2 in losers. And yeah that set was maybe the best one all tourney

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Pretty pumped to get some new content going. Have been off the smash train for a couple of weeks now

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Tails costume blows, was hoping he'd make it into the game.

Yep. My main take away from this was no Tails.

Stage editor looks pretty awesome. Surely we will see some incredibly impressive stuff.

Joker means nothing to me. I won't be getting ANY of this paid DLC. Was really hoping for a second character reveal.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Yep. My main take away from this was no Tails.

Stage editor looks pretty awesome. Surely we will see some incredibly impressive stuff.

Joker means nothing to me. I won't be getting ANY of this paid DLC. Was really hoping for a second character reveal.
I don’t see how they’re going to get all the DLC out by February of next year if it’s April and Joker is the only fighter announced/released

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I don’t see how they’re going to get all the DLC out by February of next year if it’s April and Joker is the only fighter announced/released

I bet we get 2 or 3 as part of a big holiday 2019 sales push.

Not that I will care. With Tails out of the equation there is literally nobody left that I can get hyped about. Everyone I could have ever wanted is already in the game.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
E3 is just a couple months away. Wouldn't put it past them to reveal the next character and say they're available that day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad