Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Okay another random smash thought that came to mind to help make it more personalized. It would be cool if you could make your own custom skins for each character. I think it would be rather simple too make happen too.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I want to customize my fighter select screen.

Im gonna use my second Switch profile to start a new Smash file and I will only unlock fighters I care about. Hate seeing all those Fire Emblem fighters on there. Ill just jump off the screen if they challenge me.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I want to customize my fighter select screen.

Im gonna use my second Switch profile to start a new Smash file and I will only unlock fighters I care about. Hate seeing all those Fire Emblem fighters on there. Ill just jump off the screen if they challenge me.

Er... ok

Reactions: Pilky01

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Last edited:

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Major PSA: There have been numerous reports of players' save data being corrupted or erased after playing as Piranha Plant in All-Star mode. Best to avoid that mode until a fix is released.

EDIT: There have also been reports of the same issues occurring when playing as Duck Hunt or Mii Swordfighter in Century Smash. Might be best to outright avoid the entire Games and More section (Smash, World of Light, and Online all appear to be safe) until a fix is released.

Also worth noting that Smash does support Switch Online's cloud save backup functionality, so just in case anyone falls victim to this, here's how to get your save file back:

1. Go to the Switch's home menu.
  2. Highlight Smash's icon and press +
  3. Choose your profile, then choose “Save Data Cloud Backup”.
  4. Choose “Download Backup Data”.

Last edited:

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I'm also glad that they removed Chromcide cheese. As easy as it is to gimp him, being hit by a true fair into Up-B suicide spike that kills you before Chrom is pretty demoralizing for the edge guarder. Now it takes a brain to close out stocks other than herp derp suicide. All the other suicides killed Bowser/Ganondorf before the intended target and now Chromcide is now more in line.

Incineroar buffs were much needed, now he doesn't get gimped as easily. Bowser buffs were odd since he already killed fast. He has problems inherent to heavies, but damage/kill power wasn't one of them. Buries across the board got smacked hard, which is pretty neat. Pikachu and Pichu got buffed which is obnoxious beyond belief. Still decent patch overall.

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
His moves aren't as fun as I had hoped.

I still like him being in there, but his moveset is underwhelming.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The plant is...weird. I don't even understand how to play him effectively.

Most of my characters came out clean from the patch notes. Samus got a couple small buffs, Dedede took a nerf to the hitboxes of his Gordo throw but the community consensus is it's inconsequential, Belmons left alone.

I'm curious to see how K.Rool plays now. I play him at about a 3.3 GSP level and never really relied on the cheese, though the recovery nerf concerns me a bit.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
The plant is...weird. I don't even understand how to play him effectively.

Most of my characters came out clean from the patch notes. Samus got a couple small buffs, Dedede took a nerf to the hitboxes of his Gordo throw but the community consensus is it's inconsequential, Belmons left alone.

I'm curious to see how K.Rool plays now. I play him at about a 3.3 GSP level and never really relied on the cheese, though the recovery nerf concerns me a bit.
His actual recovery seems fine, it'a the propeller hitbox that got nerfed

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Oh, now THAT'S a nerf. K. Rool is actually open to spikes now.

As it probably should be tbh. It was kinda insane that not even Cloud's dair couldn't even cut through that propeller's hit box. Outside of that he feels the same.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
genesis 6 is going on right now and I gotta say, MK Leo's Ike is dirty. His aerials are braindead, but he just rocked that Shulk. MVD's snake is also terrifying; DK had no answers for the stage control via grenade. Good shit so far. I'm hoping to catch Seagull Joe or Zackray play but idk when their games start.

EDIT: Zackray just beat that Inkling real good. 2-0 Zackray. Seagull Joe also looking solid against Olimar. Lasers stuffing him and a nice down smash 2 frame to close out the set. 2-0 Seagull Joe

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Snake is so god damn annoying it's not even funny.

MVD takes it to a whole different level. His play is a masterclass in mind games and spacing

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Bruh. Zackray is unbelievable. Made top 8 and dismantled Light. I tink he might be one of the best, if not the best, player tight now

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Okay another random smash thought that came to mind to help make it more personalized. It would be cool if you could make your own custom skins for each character. I think it would be rather simple too make happen too.

A cool idea but I fear it wouldn't be great for online: knowing which characters are where is too important.

If it could be local-only I'd be down.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Congrats to MK LEO for taking Genesis 6 Ultimate Singles!

1st Mk Leo - Ike/Lucina
2nd VoiD - Pichu
3rd Samsora - Peach
4th Dabuz - Olimar
5th Zackray - Wolf
5th Light - Fox
7th Cosmos - Inkling
7th Esam - Pikachu

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad