Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
uh, wtf is this patch

BUFF SAMUS??? As if she wasn't annoying enough online with lag

BUFF YOUNG LINK??? He's like a Melee character with how much he can combo, killing was one of his biggest weaknesses and they made that easier for him

BUFF ZELDA??? so gross

BUFF SHOTOS??? Now Tatsu beats everything and they can cancel downsmashes into specials lol. Stop making them better, please

What the hell. It's not so much that these characters are all top tier now, it's that they seem to be buffing some of the most annoying and frustrating characters to fight, especially online.

For the record the Palu and Joker nerfs were nice choices. As someone who plays a lot of ZSS, I hate the bury nerf but whatever.

The Cloud buffs are good. I want to see him more relevant.

Have barely played Byleth even though I've played Three Houses. I'm tired of all these DLC characters being slow and clunky.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So since I have been replaying BoTW this past month I was thinking it would be cool to get some different Zelda characters into the game. Maybe one of the 5 champions, I think Revali would be a cool smash character.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So since I have been replaying BoTW this past month I was thinking it would be cool to get some different Zelda characters into the game. Maybe one of the 5 champions, I think Revali would be a cool smash character.
I have to think if they're going to add any Zelda character it's probably going to be Impa. But at this point I don't think they're going to add anymore unless BOTW2 has something going for it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I have to think if they're going to add any Zelda character it's probably going to be Impa. But at this point I don't think they're going to add anymore unless BOTW2 has something going for it.

I would be down for Impa to be in the game. It's too bad there are not more Zelda characters in the game, I fell as though there is a lot of potential there!

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I would be down for Impa to be in the game. It's too bad there are not more Zelda characters in the game, I fell as though there is a lot of potential there!
At the same time though I feel like there’s no much potential that it’s like oh hey we will put in this guy but then we have put in this guy and so on and so on until it’s now called Zelda Smash Bros

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I hope it has Gran/Djeeta and a Fate character or something just to confuse the western audience some more.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I'm personally pleased to see an Arms character get in as DLC as I was hoping one would be included in the base game. I'm curious as to who it will be. I was hoping Spring Man would get in the base game but since he's an assist trophy now, I doubt it will be him. If spirits also can't get in, than that eliminates Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Min Min, and Twintelle as well. From those remaining, I'd like it be either Lola Pop or Master Mummy. Haven't had a female (unless you count Byleth's counterpart) or heavy DLC character and I think those 2 would be the best fits in terms of adding something new to the game. It's also clear they plan on making a sequel to Arms in the not too distant future. For the next 5 DLC I'm hoping for Crash, Master Chief, Gen 8 Pokemon, Geno, and another Zelda character.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Question for all you smash players...is there a way to casually enjoy this game or is it strictly online and tournament-training?

My buddies bought it a month ago and we’ve been playing it like crazy but it’s only been us playing against each other. I keep flip flopping on whether or not I want to buy a switch and Smash. Just not sure how much I’d enjoy it on my own because I won’t have the time to get super good at it and I don’t want to get my ass handed to me every time I play online by myself

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Question for all you smash players...is there a way to casually enjoy this game or is it strictly online and tournament-training?

My buddies bought it a month ago and we’ve been playing it like crazy but it’s only been us playing against each other. I keep flip flopping on whether or not I want to buy a switch and Smash. Just not sure how much I’d enjoy it on my own because I won’t have the time to get super good at it and I don’t want to get my ass handed to me every time I play online by myself

Personally, I enjoy it casually either playing with friends/family or by playing the solo mode. Never play online, though, so I don't know about that scene.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I think fur future Smash games (which would likely not involve Sakurai) a good venue to show TV ads for them is NHL games.

Think about it. Smash is a fighting game. Hockey is a violent sport. The two go great together. I once wanted the NHL Seattle team to be owned by Nintendo and be called the Smashers after the games.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think fur future Smash games (which would likely not involve Sakurai) a good venue to show TV ads for them is NHL games.

Think about it. Smash is a fighting game. Hockey is a violent sport. The two go great together. I once wanted the NHL Seattle team to be owned by Nintendo and be called the Smashers after the games.

I don't really think Nintendo needs to that kind of advertising with anyone. Especially not with one of their best and most well known franchises.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I think the first four DLC selections were fantastic (at least in theory, in practice Banjo is terrible). But Blyleth and ARMs are definitely underwhelming for me. Hoping the remaining slots are a little more interesting.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Byleth is fine for me, there was always goign to be a new Fire Emblem character coming when Three Houses was annonced. Also FE is huge in Japan so it makes sense that the main character gets some love based off of that.

Still baffled Nintendo is goign with Arms to lead this second pass off. Not buying it based off that charactor selection.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I want to pitch this idea for a SSB-themed Sirius XM channel to that company and Nintendo, called Super Smash Radio. The channel would have programming blocks dedicated to video game music in the following styles: tracks from the Smash series, VGM in general, and tracks which inspired the songs in Smash. It would also have programming blocks dedicated to popular music one could play while playing Smash, along with Smash-related talk shows. As mentioned, this channel would be created in partnership with Nintendo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad