Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Holy crap Sephiroth!

That was completely unexpected and badass. Damn you Nintendo, I'm back in.

Please give us more than two final fantasy songs.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
5d81e1d.png

Nintendo made this with their own money.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Man they really need to make Sephiroth GOOD. The worst thing would be if he's like Banjo, well received character reveal that's just become totally forgotten on the roster.

I want Sephiroth to be good and fun casually and competitively. My fear is he will be too slow and immobile to be top tier, because I don't know how else you keep him in check with a sword that big. But I'd rather they just said screw it and made him OP. No DLC character is top tier aside from Joker and he's very difficult to play well. I'm totally fine if badass Sephiroth becomes a meta-changing character like smash 4 bayo.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Man they really need to make Sephiroth GOOD. The worst thing would be if he's like Banjo, well received character reveal that's just become totally forgotten on the roster.

I want Sephiroth to be good and fun casually and competitively. My fear is he will be too slow and immobile to be top tier, because I don't know how else you keep him in check with a sword that big. But I'd rather they just said screw it and made him OP. No DLC character is top tier aside from Joker and he's very difficult to play well. I'm totally fine if badass Sephiroth becomes a meta-changing character like smash 4 bayo.

He looks like he’s going to be similar to Mewtwo. A little heavier, really good attack range. Probably not as floaty

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Great trailer and I'm super excited to play as him but I'm disappointed the Geno Mii costume means Geno won't be making the roster...

Sephiroth releases surprisingly soon (at least from what I was expecting), 12/22.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Pretty happy with the music additions. It was never going to be a ton of tracks like what came with Terry, but I think the choices are solid. J-E-N-O-V-A was a must, pleasantly surprised with Aerith and Cosmo Canyon tracks. Would've been cool to see some of the epic battle themes from the Remake but Square might be more protective of those ones.

I don't care about Geno but RIP to his fans.

I think Sephiroth is pretty good. I'm very, very happy that he's fast. I wondered how they'd nerf him with a sword that big and the answer is making him as light as Pikachu with not great frame data. He's still really fun. I had more cool kills with him than I can ever remember on a new character. I'm going to use him a lot.

Also best victory screen in smash history.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I'm excited. More Xenoblade music too! New songs are like half of the DLC appeal to me lol

Stance changing between Pyra/Mythra looks pretty quick, will be cool to see if swaps are a big part of her combos or setups

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Hey my Pyra/Mythra swap character prediction came true.

Like 3 years later.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I don’t play smash at all, but I was just curious. Is Sephiroth actually a strong character in smash?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Sad Sakurai confirmed there's only 2 more coming after today, was really hoping for a 3rd wave.

As for my predictions for the last 2, I'm shocked it hasn't happened already, and every reveal makes me less confident, but I still have a hard time believing that a Gen 8 Pokemon won't be a DLC character, and I'm betting that's the next one to happen. For the last one, I honestly have no idea, but I think they'll cap it off with something pretty significant. My early guess as of right now would be Crash, but it really could be anyone.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Pyra/Mythra are really fun and seem really good imo

Man, they put Tantal in the medley and all it did was make me want the full version. Biggest omission on the soundtrack, this would've been so good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad