Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
It’s gotta be Smash 4. It has to be. No way they develop a whole new game in this time frame.

Smash 4 with 3DS levels added, Splatoon kids added, and keeping all the DLC characters from WiiU/3DS.....It’s really happening!

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
latest

SOON

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If all it is is a Smash 4 port they were stupid to not say so explicitly. Speculation's gonna fly off the rails and everybody's just going to end up disappointed if that's the case.

FWIW the Link in the trailer is pretty clearly BotW Link.

Reactions: aleshemsky83

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I feel like it can't be a port just for how....empty the trailer was.

When they re-released MK8 as a port, they straight up came out and said it. This leads me to believe it's not a port.

Smash 4 wrapped up development in late 2014 with probably some skeleton crews left to flesh out the DLC. That's anywhere from a 3-4 year period where they could have gotten this off the ground. Doesn't seem too unreasonable. Not to mention they're probably taking a lot of the assets from 4 and just upgrading/tweaking them for the switch anyway since most characters don't tend to change that much from game to game.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
If all it is is a Smash 4 port they were stupid to not say so explicitly. Speculation's gonna fly off the rails and everybody's just going to end up disappointed if that's the case.

FWIW the Link in the trailer is pretty clearly BotW Link.

The only people I can imagine being disappointed with an enhanced port like Deluxe is diehard Nintendo fans who had the Wii U version, an ever shrinking demographic in relation to the Switch’s record breaking success.

I just don’t think any “new” Smash could be significantly changed or improved from its Wii U predecessor. It would just be a lateral move where you hope you don’t lose any of the great new or third party characters like Cloud, Ryu, Mega-Man or Duck Hunt Dog.

There seems to be evidence that it’s a brand new Smash. I’d say there’s also reason to believe it could be a Deluxe port seeing as it is simply titled Super Smash Bros, just like Smash 4 was.

I hope it’s a Deluxe port only because I’m afraid of losing the DLC and deep cut fighters who I LOVED in Smash 4.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
You know, Nintendo..... a certain HD remake just got announced for the Switch with a very colorful character model, unique attacks, and a very family-friendly appeal.

latest

Freaking bring Amaterasu to Smash. Do it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Insanely short development cycle. If it's not a smash 4 port I would be shocked if the character models and visuals were much different or improved.

Not that I think smash 4 needs a visual overhaul it still looks great.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Damn it Nintendo I'm trying really hard to save money and not buy your system, but you're making it really ****ing hard

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Someone went and made a rough guess of who's in the silhouette from the end of the teaser. No newcomers, unfortunately:

(L to R: Yoshi, Pit, Donkey Kong, Peach, Ness, Marth, Mario, Link, Sheik, Pikachu, Samus, Kirby, Zelda, Bowser, Fox, Captain Falcon, Wario)

Last edited:

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Someone went and made a rough guess of who's in the silhouette from the end of the teaser. No newcomers, unfortunately:

(L to R: Yoshi, Pit, Donkey Kong, Peach, Ness, Marth, Mario, Link, Sheik, Pikachu, Samus, Kirby, Zelda, Bowser, Fox, Captain Falcon, Wario)

They will have a good time doing new character reveal videos. Can't wait for those

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Damn it Nintendo I'm trying really hard to save money and not buy your system, but you're making it really ****ing hard
yah I want a switch so bad. I want Zelda, Mario, Mario kart, smash Bros, etc. ugh. be strong

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The only thing that's stopping me from getting a switch is full price games.

I got Bloodborne and the dlc for 13 dollars, I got horizon zero dawn for 25 bucks, batman, witcher, phantom pain, Titanfall 2 and numerous others for 30 dollars not long after launch. Plus I borrow the occasional game from the library.

Im not paying damn near 90 dollars for games. There's some indie games on the platform going for full price.

They're just not worth that much to me.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Ninty coming out swinging with what'll likely be three irrefutable system-sellers within two years of the Switch's life cycle. It's pretty incredible.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
And now the worst part; the endless months of speculation/annoying fanboy wars over which characters should be in/cut.

Preferably you yank Dark Pit, almost all the Fire Emblem characters minus the first three (Marth/Roy/Ike) and replace them with actually interesting characters. Ditch Ryu because his nonsense combo mechanics don't belong in Smash. Strike lightning by finding another out of left field third party character, and there you go.

Roster is pretty damn good as it is honestly, just need a couple tweaks.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Hoping for every character to return. Bring back Pichu and the Ice Climbers. Add Prince Sidon.

Second the return of Pichu and the ICs. Pichu was something of a secondary main for me in Melee, since it is the pre-evolved form of my series-wide main, Pikachu (who is overall my favorite Pokemon, which can be traced back to my fascination with mice, especially those in classic cartoons).

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Prince Sidon would be a good idea. Heck, given that almost every Switch owner also has BotW, I'd be all for them having a whole load of characters from the game get added to the roster (and I hope that we get BotW Zelda in as well).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I wish they would just make melee hd
Give me Super Smash Bros Melee game mechanics with Super Smash Brawl's campaign mode.

And now the worst part; the endless months of speculation/annoying fanboy wars over which characters should be in/cut.
Well, I personally think that some characters should be cut. Someone like Snake from Metal Gear absolutely should be as he does nothing for me. Characters similar to him should be out of the game IMO.

Reactions: H3ckt1k

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->