Super Mario Maker 2

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I honestly have to say i'm taken aback by how much good feedback my level's gotten. :laugh:

I thought it played well but man people really love it.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Finished up my first course

Y96-57C-HXF

Give it a shot and let me know what you think!

As someone who isn't good (yet, hopefully) at this game, the start takes a bit too long to get back to the action. And a power-up would've helped me. Otherwise, I thought it was totally fair. Oh! And the goomba that had the key got off-screened (because I was too slow) and I couldn't respawn it.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
As someone who isn't good (yet, hopefully) at this game, the start takes a bit too long to get back to the action. And a power-up would've helped me. Otherwise, I thought it was totally fair. Oh! And the goomba that had the key got off-screened (because I was too slow) and I couldn't respawn it.

Yeah the beginning kinda sucks I know, it’s just tedious. I started the level thinking I would go one way with it then kind of ditched that idea which explains that part

Thanks for playing tho

Gonna go back to the first page of the thread now and play everyone’s

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
887-P0X-LDG

Apparently this version is still too hard for people. i don't even know anymore.

I liked it, it was the perfect amount of challenge without being annoying

The boss fight was very clever too, props on that

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I'll try posting my level here later after playing all the levels posted here. Since the community for Mario Makar 2 (great name lol) is pretty small here, I think it's good if we learn from eachother and make good levels!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Right now this is the only outlet we have for levels since the Mario Maker reddit went private because the head mod is a massive tool (that's a story for another day)

I look forward to your creations and will happily play them all since ya'll were so kind to mine. :laugh:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I'm hoping to work on a level tonight. It'll probably still be a "collect 100 coins" level, but I'll try to incorporate new elements.

I like courses that have clear conditions, within reason

Especially if it is done in a fun/ creative way

I think in general I dislike the no jumping/ landing one because a huge reason Mario is as fun as it is, is due to platforming mechanics

It is a twist on the game which is cool, but I prefer the kill x enemy/ies or collect coins, etc.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I really liked this one. Very fair and made me feel like a badass once I completed it.

I've just uploaded another:

FQ9-M69-NLG

Thanks for the feedback! - I tried to make it a lot more earnest than my first upload

I'm glad you got that feeling because I wanted to make it that way

I think the one unfair/ scary part is the blind claw-to-claw drop near the end, thinking about editing and re-uploading because of that

Will give your course a shot in about an hour

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Thanks for the feedback! - I tried to make it a lot more earnest than my first upload

I'm glad you got that feeling because I wanted to make it that way

I think the one unfair/ scary part is the blind claw-to-claw drop near the end, thinking about editing and re-uploading because of that

Will give your course a shot in about an hour

Went back and got the world record on your newest. :thumbu:

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Just made a new one

Short and sweet once you figure it out

Edit: apparently some people think it’s too hard to figure out the tricky part. I don’t think it’s that hard if you take a moment to think about it, let me know if you think it is

775-DD1-FWF

I’m gonna go back and finish the ones I haven’t played yet in here

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I really liked this one. Very fair and made me feel like a badass once I completed it.

I've just uploaded another:

FQ9-M69-NLG

Beat it, and had the WR last night (probably gone by now)

I liked it, had a nice underground aesthetic, liked the touch of ice blocks too for a little danger involved

It was on the easier end of the spectrum for my skill level (very average, but I think I'm a kaizo speedrunning legend in my mind) for future levels I'd probably want you to put like exactly 100 coins in the level so I have to get all coins, and put them in more perilous locations.

But I also just enjoy playing through a little bit lighter/ easier course every so often, it is a nice pallet cleanser when grinding 100 deaths to clear some other courses

Well done! I'm looking forward to your next upload

Just made a new one

Short and sweet once you figure it out

Edit: apparently some people think it’s too hard to figure out the tricky part. I don’t think it’s that hard if you take a moment to think about it, let me know if you think it is

775-DD1-FWF

I’m gonna go back and finish the ones I haven’t played yet in here

Ooooh this one ticked me off

I like the concept a lot and found it a good amount of challenging, but every time I got to the first (only?) time the shell hits the on/off switch, the koopa would be in a different location

I eventually gave up because I couldn't find any pattern as to where he would be, there were a couple times I hit him on accident and then died almost immediately afterwards

I like the concept and overall thought it was a creatively strong and interesting level, I just got RNG'd to death

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

I liked it, had a nice underground aesthetic, liked the touch of ice blocks too for a little danger involved

It was on the easier end of the spectrum for my skill level (very average, but I think I'm a kaizo speedrunning legend in my mind) for future levels I'd probably want you to put like exactly 100 coins in the level so I have to get all coins, and put them in more perilous locations.

But I also just enjoy playing through a little bit lighter/ easier course every so often, it is a nice pallet cleanser when grinding 100 deaths to clear some other courses

RNG'd to death

Thanks for the feedback man. I went with 135 coins on my 1-2 as by 1-4 I want the goal to be to collect 200 coins. And I didn't want to have the goal be 133 coins. 1-3 will likely be some tree tops like the original 1-3 and you'll have to collect 170 coins. My goal for difficulty is to have the stages between 40 and 60% completion rate -- just some levels to complete without stressing too hard.

Also, what's RNG stand for? I always thought it was "R and G" when I'd watch videos. :laugh:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Thanks for the feedback man. I went with 135 coins on my 1-2 as by 1-4 I want the goal to be to collect 200 coins. And I didn't want to have the goal be 133 coins. 1-3 will likely be some tree tops like the original 1-3 and you'll have to collect 170 coins. My goal for difficulty is to have the stages between 40 and 60% completion rate -- just some levels to complete without stressing too hard.

Also, what's RNG stand for? I always thought it was "R and G" when I'd watch videos. :laugh:

That's cool!

I like the idea of creating levels in a curated, themed way. I think that was one of the biggest complaints from ppl who are more into making than just playing too - why not include the ability to make an entire Mario "world" ?

Props for your ambition to do the entire theme of your uploads that way, I really like that idea

random number generator - basically anything that can be unpredictable, like that koopa's location seemed to be for me in that level

I might have been misunderstanding its physics, though

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

Ooooh this one ticked me off

I like the concept a lot and found it a good amount of challenging, but every time I got to the first (only?) time the shell hits the on/off switch, the koopa would be in a different location

I eventually gave up because I couldn't find any pattern as to where he would be, there were a couple times I hit him on accident and then died almost immediately afterwards

I like the concept and overall thought it was a creatively strong and interesting level, I just got RNG'd to death

Interesting

There is a way to successfully do it every time, no RNG involved or anything. You just need to step on the Koopa on the ground before the one that's flying at that part. I am surprised people are having so much trouble with that spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad