Super Mario Maker 2

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

Ah thats right. He was in it, just only playable in Mario World and New Mario Bros styles. Yoshi eggs were replaced by a different powerup in SMB1 and 3.

Really hoping for an overworld creator as well. That and slopes is hat people want most.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Ah thats right. He was in it, just only playable in Mario World and New Mario Bros styles. Yoshi eggs were replaced by a different powerup in SMB1 and 3.

Really hoping for an overworld creator as well. That and slopes is hat people want most.

An overworld is what I'd want to see to get me interested. It's a much bigger ask than slopes but not completely unreasonable, and has been a staple in the series since SMB3. It could really tie the experience all together.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
An overworld is what I'd want to see to get me interested. It's a much bigger ask than slopes but not completely unreasonable, and has been a staple in the series since SMB3. It could really tie the experience all together.

Its actually huge because the 'one and done' set up now where every level is just its own separate, individual entity just encourages people to make 'gimmick levels' instead of plain good levels.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The idea on paper is absolutely amazing. Gives the keys to the most beloved platformer of all time for any joe schmoe to make. You could do it with stuff like rom editors but even for someone into emulation that process is far too convoluted and complex to enjoy. The actual level building interface is very easy to handle as well.

But after what i played of Mario Maker 1...i think i'll pass honestly. Far too many stupid kids out there with their "hurrrr lol you die as soon as you move" or death trap/dead end type levels that ruin an amazing concept. It takes too much work to find the actual gems buried in the massive pile of ****

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Damn, Nintendo really stepped up for the sequel. I was expecting a port of the Wii-U game with some minor changes, but they're adding a bunch of really cool features.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Absolutely fantastic! This is going to end up becoming a digital purchase for me I believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->