Super Draft Finals

Which team would win h2h

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Select which team you think would win in a head to head matchup
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1A
Johnny Gaudreau - Auston Matthews - Bryan Peter Rust
Jason Robertson - Sean Couturier - Drake Batherson
Carter Verhaeghe - Robert Thomas - Joe Pavelski
Marcus Foligno - Evan Rodrigues - Alex Tuch
Jaccob Slavin - Charlie McAvoy
Samuel Girard - Moritz Seider
Noah Hanifin - Justin Faulk
Igor Shesterkin
Josh Allen
vs
1B
Max Pacioretty - Patrice Bergeron - Mitch Marner
Kyle Connor - Elias Pettersson - David Perron
Tyler Toffoli - Anze Kopitar - Sam Reinhart
Adrian Kempe - William Karlsson - Kasperi Kapanen
Roman Josi - Adam Fox
Ryan McDonagh - John Klingberg
Jake Muzzin - Damon Severson
Thatcher Demko
Marc-Andre Fleury

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Just a couple things I would like to point out.

First, is that m0pe's roster (1A) has only 2 forwards that penalty kill (Couturier/Foligno). In a draft where every team is quite good everywhere, it seems significant to forget about one aspect of the game. Compare that to Bergeron/Marner/Kopitar/Kapanen on the PK, and I am quite confident I would win the special teams battle.

Second, is that Matthews in 8 career playoff road games vs Boston (where Boston can stick Bergeron on Matthews), he has 1 goal and 1 assist. History tells us that in a Bergeron/Matthews matchup, Bergeron has always come out on top (as much as that hurts to type).

Both teams are excellent, but my team (1B) is built to excel in these matchups! :)

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
M0pe has the better team

Robertson and Shesterkin

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Just a couple things I would like to point out.

First, is that m0pe's roster (1A) has only 2 forwards that penalty kill (Couturier/Foligno). In a draft where every team is quite good everywhere, it seems significant to forget about one aspect of the game. Compare that to Bergeron/Marner/Kopitar/Kapanen on the PK, and I am quite confident I would win the special teams battle.

Second, is that Matthews in 8 career playoff road games vs Boston (where Boston can stick Bergeron on Matthews), he has 1 goal and 1 assist. History tells us that in a Bergeron/Matthews matchup, Bergeron has always come out on top (as much as that hurts to type).

Both teams are excellent, but my team (1B) is built to excel in these matchups! :)
I think anyone disregarding this PK stat is just totally neglecting the entire purpose of roster construction in these games in favour of names

Reactions: BeLeafing

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I think anyone disregarding this PK stat is just totally neglecting the entire purpose of roster construction in these games in favour of names

Dud lol.

Couturier, erod, foligno, rust, verhaeghe would all make great pkers

Slavin mcavoy hanifin faulk on d

It's like you can't form an opinion without nhl.com stats page open

DatsyukianDekes13

May 22, 2020

People neglecting a better roster in favour of a roster with better name value? ..... could never be a HF fantasy draft vote.

Although I personally don't think PK is that massive of an issue, I just think team B is clearly better. Even with the massive advantage team A has with 2nd pair RD

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
People neglecting a better roster in favour of a roster with better name value? ..... could never be a HF fantasy draft vote.

Although I personally don't think PK is that massive of an issue, I just think B is clearly better. Even with the massive advantage A has with 2nd pair RD
I also think B is the better team, best team in the draft

Reactions: DatsyukianDekes13

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
I also think B is the better team, best team in the draft

The last 2 Norris winners, 2 Selke level centers one being Anze Kopitar on the *third line*, special teams well thought out and constructed, much more playoff success on the roster, the top goalie in GSAA 5v5 this year, and one of two guys that has had Matthews' number for years.

Both teams are talented but :dunno:

Reactions: hockeynorth

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Dud lol.

Couturier, erod, foligno, rust, verhaeghe would all make great pkers

Slavin mcavoy hanifin faulk on d

It's like you can't form an opinion without nhl.com stats page open
Yeah, this is why I still stuck with A. Rust actually has been a PK regular on the past, but Pitt needs him more for offense now, but on a super team he’s be a role player again. ERod also PK’d in Buffalo.

Reactions: m0pe

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Yeah, this is why I still stuck with A. Rust actually has been a PK regular on the past, but Pitt needs him more for offense now, but on a super team he’s be a role player again. ERod also PK’d in Buffalo.

We also have PK beast Alex Tuch.

Thanks for the votes y'all. Redemption from being out R1 last game with my no defense teams.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
We also have PK beast Alex Tuch.

Thanks for the votes y'all. Redemption from being out R1 last game with my no defense teams.
Hopefully we won’t look back on this and laugh like we usually do lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad