NFL GDT: Super Bowl LIV: (NFC) San Francisco 49ers vs (AFC) Kansas City Chiefs

Super Bowl LIV

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
True. Brady is from there, grew up a fan, and his favorite player was Montana. The 49ers only take a $4M cap hit to dump Jimmy.
If you are going to place your entire argument on the fact that Brady grew up a 49ers fan and his favorite player was Montana, then you might want to point out the fact that Montana sent a public message to Brady telling him to stay with the Patriots and play his entire career for one organization, which is something Montana regrets not having the opportunity to do.

Reactions: Voight

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I just realized Kansas City is in Missouri, not Kansas.
Yeah, there are 2 separate cities Kansas City, MO and Kansas City, KS. Another thing twitter was wrong about is that it's the same city that overlaps 2 states, but they are actually 2 completely difference cities. Kansas City existed before the state of Kansas existed.

Everything that you think of for Kansas City though is in Missouri for the most part. Royals, Chiefs, downtown, Plaza, businesses, etc. The Kansas side has Sporting KC and the Speedway in KCK. In the Kansas suburbs there is Ikea and Johnson County which has the Blue Valley schools that are nationally ranked.

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Local news reported (so no link) that 43% of the ticket sales came from California and 17% came from Kansas/Missouri.

They also said the NFL denies the 49ers a viewing party at Avaya stadium (home of the world's largest bar) despite it looking like they let Kansas City fans have one (they didn't say that last part; but they kept showing a KC party on TV).

The teams involved fanbases represented well.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They also said the NFL denies the 49ers a viewing party at Avaya stadium (home of the world's largest bar) despite it looking like they let Kansas City fans have one (they didn't say that last part; but they kept showing a KC party on TV).

KC was at Power & Light, it's the same spot that they show for World Cup games. It's an area right by Sprint Center. It's essentially a collection of bars and restaurants, and in the middle is open with bar stands and a concert stage for outdoor concerts.

I imagine the NFL denied Avaya Stadium because it would be a separate stadium. Silly since the sports world would've seen the success that the Blues had filling up Enterprise and Busch for the Cup games.

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
KC was at Power & Light, it's the same spot that they show for World Cup games. It's an area right by Sprint Center. It's essentially a collection of bars and restaurants, and in the middle is open with bar stands and a concert stage for outdoor concerts.

I imagine the NFL denied Avaya Stadium because it would be a separate stadium. Silly since the sports world would've seen the success that the Blues had filling up Enterprise and Busch for the Cup games.
What I found odd is that kc wolf was at the game under the goalpost and also at power and light lol

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

That's probably it. They can't deny it if it's a public place, but since it's a stadium they could probably claim something lame like that it takes away from league revenue.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
84282496_3097027737010560_6190153002980999168_n.jpg

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Local news reported (so no link) that 43% of the ticket sales came from California and 17% came from Kansas/Missouri.

The teams involved fanbases represented well.

far cry from last year when it was basically a home game for New England.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Sherman got burned on the Watkins reception on the game leading drive. Got beat by a great release by Watkins.

I don’t recall any other catch a WR he was covering was heading towards the SF end zone. Everything else was a comeback route. With his lack of speed he’s going to give a big cushion to those KC receivers.

Game plan for SF was to not get beat deep.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yeah, there are 2 separate cities Kansas City, MO and Kansas City, KS. Another thing twitter was wrong about is that it's the same city that overlaps 2 states, but they are actually 2 completely difference cities. Kansas City existed before the state of Kansas existed.

Everything that you think of for Kansas City though is in Missouri for the most part. Royals, Chiefs, downtown, Plaza, businesses, etc. The Kansas side has Sporting KC and the Speedway in KCK. In the Kansas suburbs there is Ikea and Johnson County which has the Blue Valley schools that are nationally ranked.

I could only imagine the disaster it is for some delivery drivers :laugh:

TFC (Toronto MLS team) did the same thing when the Raptors were in the finals. In some cases fans would watch the soccer game then stick around for the finals games.

Its a great idea instead of cramming everyone into a cities downtown core.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
It's not smart to model your team only on what Super Bowl winners have done, but I throw this out there to add to the "don't pay your RB" pile of arguments.

As a Rams fan this really makes me sad. I mean Gurley is our most talented, exciting, and my favorite player on the offensive side of the ball by far. But it's sad how few of the top RB's even get a sniff at a championship. I mean in the least bunch of years, how many have? Marshawn and...?? Lesean McCoy has been one of the top guys in recent years but had to change teams and take a greatly reduced role to win it.

In the last decade Peterson, Zeke, Murray, Charles, MJD, Bell, Foster, Forte, Henry, Gore, CJ2K, none of these guys have rings.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
As a Rams fan this really makes me sad. I mean Gurley is our most talented, exciting, and my favorite player on the offensive side of the ball by far. But it's sad how few of the top RB's even get a sniff at a championship. I mean in the least bunch of years, how many have? Marshawn and...?? Lesean McCoy has been one of the top guys in recent years but had to change teams and take a greatly reduced role to win it.

In the last decade Peterson, Zeke, Murray, Charles, MJD, Bell, Foster, Forte, Henry, Gore, CJ2K, none of these guys have rings.
Not about 1 player. Need a team. Majority of these guys never had a quality QB

Name the best QB these RBs played with and you'll get your answer as to why they don't have rings and why only Forte and Gore make a SB. Murray had Romo and Gore had Kaep at his peak. That's probably the best QBs these guys combined had during their prime years.

Lynch had a young Wilson. Imagine Wilson today back during their prime years. If he came onto the scene with his passing skills today, look out.

Top RBs seem to only end up with game managers at best.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

The position really doesn't matter. As good as Peterson was, it never translated into anything for the Vikings, even when he had his MVP year.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Not about 1 player. Need a team. Majority of these guys never had a quality QB

Name the best QB these RBs played with and you'll get your answer as to why they don't have rings and why only Forte and Gore make a SB. Murray had Romo and Gore had Kaep at his peak. That's probably the best QBs these guys combined had during their prime years.

Lynch had a young Wilson. Imagine Wilson today back during their prime years. If he came onto the scene with his passing skills today, look out.

Top RBs seem to only end up with game managers at best.
It's a bit of a chicken & egg thing but my personal opinion is that teams who can't find good quarterbacks try to get great running backs to help the offense. Teams that have good quarterback play don't need high-dollar RBs because QB is much more important, and they are just as good with a collection of solid RBs that do different things; that money is better spent in other areas of the team.

In short, for a team with a good QB, RB is one of the least important positions due to the abundance of 'good enough' RBs out there.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's a bit of a chicken & egg thing but my personal opinion is that teams who can't find good quarterbacks try to get great running backs to help the offense. Teams that have good quarterback play don't need high-dollar RBs because QB is much more important, and they are just as good with a collection of solid RBs that do different things; that money is better spent in other areas of the team.

In short, for a team with a good QB, RB is one of the least important positions due to the abundance of 'good enough' RBs out there.
Fair take. KC likely will not spend to retain a RB during the next decade with Mahomes. I wonder what they do in Seattle as Carson heads into his final year of his rookie deal. SF with Shanahan likely won’t splurge on a RB like they did Coleman again as the top D guys need new contracts. He can scheme something for most RBs to be successful.

Ravens with Jackson likely won’t spend on RB moving forward.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad