NFL GDT: Super Bowl LII - Philadelphia Eagles vs. New England Patriots

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
If Tom Brady can overcome the NFL MVP winning SB drought (Hasn't happened since January 2000), the Madden Curse, AND that no passing yardage leader has ever won the SB (0-51), at the age of 40, without Edelman/Amendola, coming off of what he did in his last 2 Super Bowls, AND another repeat, AND a second 3 times in 4 years AND having the most Super Bowl titles of any individualplayer in the SB era......

Brady, who is already a living legend, will ascend to being an Immortal God.

And it got me wondering if he walked off into the sunset....... what else does he have left to attain?

As we saw with Elway, it would be a cool way to go out on top.

Plus, as for Belichick, I mean he's not getting younger, he's losing his 2 coordinators, gonna be some potential roster overhaul next year.......

Is it possible that if New England gets #6, Brady and/or Belichick drop the mic?

Because at this point, they've already solidified their GOAT positions. What else do they want to do? Try and get #7 to break a tie with Pittsburgh?

We've seen guys hang around too long. Not enough guys go out at the right time.

And given Brady's image as a superhuman ageless living legend/immortal, do we really want our last image of him stumbling around at 42-43 or potentially the greatest mic drop ever? Like, if he hangs around another year, what if he drops off and hits the wall?

Then again, last year would have also made sense for him to do so, but McDaniels/Patricia going on to new jobs might be an interesting wrinkle.....

So, it MIGHT be possible that this could be a glorious end to the era of eras.

We've seen both sides of this in hockey- Lanny McDonald/Ray Bourque/Scotty Bowman/Ken Dryden/Jean Beliveau/Rocket Richard went out on top, but Dave Andreychuk/Bryan Trottier/Chris Chelios hung aroung one season too long.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I wonder if the Patriots are finally going to score any points in the 1st quarter? In all of their Super Bowl appearances with Brady and Belichick they have a total of 0 points.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if the Patriots are finally going to score any points in the 1st quarter? In all of their Super Bowl appearances with Brady and Belichick they have a total of 0 points.
I think they might have to, because the time to beat this Eagles defense is to beat them early. Vikings and Falcons both scored early. Of course that's also where it ended for them scoring.

This city is very high with optimism and confidence, but it's not a feigned optimism or confidence. It's a different feel around here than it was in 2005. People aren't getting too far ahead of themselves.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Tonight is going to be a stressful night. Hopefully it ends up being a great night.

Seeing many people calling the Eagles longshot underdogs makes me laugh. 13-3, great D and very good O. It is really a pick-em game. I don't expect my Pats to easily win. I hope they do, but I do not think they will. To me, Gronk and the RBs dominating between the hash marks will be key. Control the clock, deny them the ability to rotate on the DL and extend drives. That's how the Pats can win.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I think they might have to, because the time to beat this Eagles defense is to beat them early. Vikings and Falcons both scored early. Of course that's also where it ended for them scoring.

This city is very high with optimism and confidence, but it's not a feigned optimism or confidence. It's a different feel around here than it was in 2005. People aren't getting too far ahead of themselves.
Well, likewise with Matt Patricia’s D. An underrated unit that will systematically figure you out and make all the key stops late in the game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just heard a caller on 94 WIP who was in tears having had her Jason Kelce jersey blessed at church.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
And it got me wondering if he walked off into the sunset....... what else does he have left to attain?

Not saying they will definitely win tonight but IF they do. He can try to lead his team to the first Super Bowl 3-peat, pass the Steelers all by himself, and get one more championship than Jordan. Plus the guy is addicted to football. He's not doing all that BS in Tom vs Time to quit at the top of his game.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Brady/Belichik will not retire even if they win. Sure it would make for a storybook ending but Brady just had an MVP season, has one of the best receiver/RB groups he's ever had and just loves the game. I can't see him walking away until he feels like it, I mean the guy could have a garbage season and then want to return to prove everyone wrong.

Belichik is a football lifer just like his mentor Parcells. He may finish with coaching as he gets closer to 70 but I can 100% see him staying as GM until he dies or loses his passion.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Brady/Belichik will not retire even if they win. Sure it would make for a storybook ending but Brady just had an MVP season, has one of the best receiver/RB groups he's ever had and just loves the game. I can't see him walking away until he feels like it, I mean the guy could have a garbage season and then want to return to prove everyone wrong.

Belichik is a football lifer just like his mentor Parcells. He may finish with coaching as he gets closer to 70 but I can 100% see him staying as GM until he dies or loses his passion.
Brady to the media this week: “why does everyone want me to retire?” Oh Tom. You know why. You freakin’ know.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I will do my complaining now as I will have friends over later and won't be posting...

I hate everything about the SB that isn't football. Gosh it is annoying. If the Pats weren't playing I would probably wouldn't tune in before half way through the first quarter to avoid all the nonsense.

That being said, go Pats, let's make history ;)

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Crazy to think that the football season by tomorrow will be all over until August and we're less than a week away from the Winter Olympics.

Time flies.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I will do my complaining now as I will have friends over later and won't be posting...

I hate everything about the SB that isn't football. Gosh it is annoying. If the Pats weren't playing I would probably wouldn't tune in before half way through the first quarter to avoid all the nonsense.

That being said, go Pats, let's make history ;)

So wait...you hate the puppy and kitten bowl?? :( :(

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I have never watched either :laugh:

I was mostly referring to the nonsense before the game on the field + half time show + adds + stupid prop bets, etc.

Oh ok whew. You had me worried there.

As I don't think I can be friends with someone who doesn't like the kitty or puppy bowl. :laugh:

You should seriously watch clips of each on YouTube. Pure adorable cuteness x100000000000

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad