Who will win Super Bowl LII?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
A minor WEEI personality, Alex Reimer, stated after viewing a scene on the new "Tom and Time" video that his 5 year old daughter Vivian looked like a "annoying little pissant". Brady cut short his normal Monday interview with the 'EEI morning crew after stating his displeasure at the treatment of his daughter.

EEI is not the flagship.... WBZ is

Thanks to you both - I should have guessed it was EEI over WBZ. I usually listen to 98.5 throughout the day but I couldn't listen after about 930 this morning and, even then, only caught about an hour.

Mar 1, 2002
DUwpnmwWkAATEnq.jpg

Babe Ruth

Proud member of the precariat working class.
Feb 2, 2016
Spin, I appreciate u posting this..
I was just commenting in another HF thread, that Foles is a legit starter. And the idea that Wentz-to-Foles is more perceived downgrade, than reality.
Foles has had a good (and very underrated) career so far. He's a Pro Bowler, tied all-time for most TD passes in a single-game. And had one of the greatest sophomore passing seasons in NFL history (27 TDs only 2 picks). Philly won their conference w/Foles, & now he's a Super Bowl starter.

My feeling is even if Foles wins a world championship next week.. ill-informed haters & critics will still temper their praise (Foles is simply a 'system QB',.. lucky, etc.) If Foles loses, it'll just confirm their low expectations, & his playoff run (including taking apart a stout Viking defense) will be completely forgotten. Peace

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Spin, I appreciate u posting this..
I was just commenting in another HF thread, that Foles is a legit starter. And the idea that Wentz-to-Foles is more perceived downgrade, than reality.
Foles has had a good (and very underrated) career so far. He's a Pro Bowler, tied all-time for most TD passes in a single-game. And had one of the greatest sophomore passing seasons in NFL history (27 TDs only 2 picks). Philly won their conference w/Foles, & now he's a Super Bowl starter.

My feeling is even if Foles wins a world championship next week.. ill-informed haters & critics will still temper their praise (Foles is simply a 'system QB',.. lucky, etc.) If Foles loses, it'll just confirm their low expectations, & his playoff run (including taking apart a stout Viking defense) will be completely forgotten. Peace
You have no clue what you're talking about.

Outside of 1 season where the NFL struggled to adapt to stopping Chip Kelly's system, Nick Foles' reg season stats:

34 TDs, 27 INTs
14 W, 15L
58.9% Completion %
6.4 Y/PA

Edmonton East

Nov 25, 2007
chip kelly's system was: let's do some offense, but a bit faster
No, it really wasn't. I'll take it you don't know much about football if that's what you think.

Tons of articles about why his system went from revolutionary to complete garbage in under two years. Got to the point where other teams were literally calling out the offense's plays before the snap. There were some great breakdowns on BleacherReport, Reddit, and even NFL.com. At a very, very high level: he had unique formation looks and route combos that the NFL struggled to adapt to at first. Then teams figured it out, and Chip did nothing to adjust.

Similar to when the read-option was going to "take over the league" several years back. Then NFL DCs adjusted.

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
You have no clue what you're talking about.

CFV,
You're just rudely confirming my point..
Cherry-picking Foles stats to deliberately make him look bad. He's a Pro-Bowler, w/the all-time record for most passing TDs in a game (& he was pulled early in that game, he may have thrown 9 TDs). You selectively omit those facts, & parrot the patronizing 'system QB' mantra that I referenced in my earlier post. But Foles just dismantled Minnesota's defense without Chip Kelley, and how many other 'systems' in basically a century of pro football produced a 7 passing-TD performance in less than 4 quarters (?) That was a virtuoso effort by Foles.
I'll play Devil's advocate, even if a QB can only thrive under one coach, why does that negate his success (?) His stats & wins still stand..
There are a lot of posters on HF with no manners/basic civility, it's strange..
Are most posters on HF, young kids ? Peace

Edmonton East

Nov 25, 2007
CFV,
You're just rudely confirming my point..
Cherry-picking Foles stats to deliberately make him look bad. He's a Pro-Bowler, w/the all-time record for most passing TDs in a game (& he was pulled early in that game, he may have thrown 9 TDs). You selectively omit those facts, & parrot the patronizing 'system QB' mantra that I referenced in my earlier post. But Foles just dismantled Minnesota's defense without Chip Kelley, and how many other 'systems' in basically a century of pro football produced a 7 passing-TD performance in less than 4 quarters (?) That was a virtuoso effort by Foles.
I'll play Devil's advocate, even if a QB can only thrive under one coach, why does that negate his success (?) His stats & wins still stand..
There are a lot of posters on HF with no manners/basic civility, it's strange..
Are most posters on HF, young kids ? Peace
Clearly you can't comprehend the concept of an outlier.

But, hey, you think Foles and Wentz are on similar levels, so I don't even know why I bothered responding in the first place.

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
Clearly you can't comprehend the concept of an outlier.

It's not outlying when Foles returns years later after a Pro Bowl season & delivers his team to a Super Bowl.
Instead of insulting other posters.. offer your rationale how Foles obliterated Minnesota, if u believe he is only capable of a single good season, with Kelley (?)
Also I think it's naive to characterize throwing 27 TDs, only 2 picks as an outlying occurrence. That takes sustained individual talent at any level of football. And Wentz hasn't achieved that yet, no (?) Just show that Wentz's career has been better than Foles', doesn't require insults.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The Eagles still use a lot Chip Kelly concepts in their offense. They run more RPO's than any team in the NFL. They still run bubble y over as well and post/wheel out of a 3x1. And yes 27/2 is an outlier of Nick Foles career. He's a high end back up.

Edmonton East

Nov 25, 2007
It's not outlying when Foles returns years later after a Pro Bowl season & delivers his team to a Super Bowl.
Instead of insulting other posters.. offer your rationale how Foles obliterated Minnesota, if u believe he is only capable of a single good season, with Kelley (?)
Also I think it's naive to characterize throwing 27 TDs, only 2 picks as an outlying occurrence. That takes sustained individual talent at any level of football. And Wentz hasn't achieved that yet, no (?) Just show that Wentz's career has been better than Foles', doesn't require insults.

I gave you his stats the rest of his career. Here they are again:

34 TDs, 27 INTs
14 W, 15L
58.9% Completion %
6.4 Y/PA

How much clearer does it need to be for you to realize that 27/2 year was an outlier?

And enough saying Foles is on a similar level to Wentz. If you've watched Wentz play at all, you'd realize just how absurd that claim is. I hate the Eagles, but Wentz is a top 5 QB. Foles is replacement level at best.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
The inside zone was/is the staple of Chip's offense. He never used a read option (no team in the NFL does). The zone read and read option are not the same play.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Foles talk will be rightly put to bed after sunday.

He's getting way too much credit for pounding the Vikings when it was obvious the Vikings didn't even bother to show up for the game.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
The Foles talk will be rightly put to bed after sunday.

He's getting way too much credit for pounding the Vikings when it was obvious the Vikings didn't even bother to show up for the game.

Classic HF. One good game from a mediocre back up erases years of evidence of mediocre play.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Tom Brady has 4 Super Bowl MVP’s. Brady as far as I am concerned should only have 3 Super Bowl MVP’s.

The only one he won I'm a little skeptical about about was the first one vs. the Rams.

I think Ty Law had a worthy argument for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->