NFL GDT: Super Bowl LI: (1) New England Patriots Vs. (2) Atlanta Falcons - OT - Pats win

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
You telling me some rich dude in Boston wouldn't plunk down serious money to hang that #12 in his private party room?

Easily.

Your telling me those same rich dudes in Boston wouldn't be friends with Bob Kraft, the Pats owner?? Or have friends of friends with him.

Or hell, even fanboy actors like Wahlberg.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Bill Barnwell is good at making it seem like he knows what he's talking about, but his predictions are always so horribly wrong.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm sure this wouldn't have mattered because chances are the Patriots would have eventually scored a touchdown in the overtime, however some people on Twitter have screen shots of James White knee being down right before the ball crosses the goal line.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'm sure this wouldn't have mattered because chances are the Patriots would have eventually scored a touchdown in the overtime, however some people on Twitter have screen shots of James White knee being down right before the ball crosses the goal line.

"Some people" are idiots. Regardless of the confetti, every TD in OT is reviewed, and if any of the views were conclusive, they would have played on top of red, white, and blue paper Lombardis.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain

That's not the football that's his arm...

Was just about to say that, it's quite clear that those pics are his arm, and from the opposite side of the field as this video also shows, it's even more clear that the ball broke the plane of the goal line before his knee was down.

https://youtu.be/Axj4FVhkoL8?t=54s

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Those pictures are after he has already scored and is pushed back.

Run this video at slow speed (Settings -> Speed -> 0.25) and pause at 0:34. Ball crosses the goalline before his knee is down

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Your telling me those same rich dudes in Boston wouldn't be friends with Bob Kraft, the Pats owner?? Or have friends of friends with him.

Or hell, even fanboy actors like Wahlberg.

Outside the Lines just now said the jersey would get more than $500,000.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Those pictures are after he has already scored and is pushed back.

Run this video at slow speed (Settings -> Speed -> 0.25) and pause at 0:34. Ball crosses the goalline before his knee is down

better yet, 56 seconds from the other angle, clearly across the line

edit: correctiong, 55 seconds is where his right knee goes down, its pretty close, not that it matters now

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It wasn't a "hair" away from the goalline. It was a touchdown.

Yes I know it was. It was a clear touchdown.

What I am saying is even if this ******** clown was correct, it is irrelevant because they would've scored on a Brady sneak immediately after.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

Ya cant be any clearer than that. A great explanation for the football dummies out there:laugh:

I got no dog in this fight but that was a horrible explanation from the head of officiating. Everything he says in the video points to it being inconclusive (and still a touchdown), but he has to go and say that its CLEARLY a touchdown because you can assume the ball crossed the goalline before his knee touches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad