Super 70's Sports

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Not quite as old but this one was my go-to, back in the day.

TEMPLATE%20hh%20radio%20shack%20ice%20hockey%20console%20front%20NM.JPG

I used to spend hours playing this classic from Radio Shack.

I should go looking for that thing, I bet my parents still have it. :laugh:

EDIT: I guess HF doesn't feel like loading the YT vid properly, so a pic will have to do.

I had the soccer game. I didn't know there was a hockey version.

tomysupercup1.jpg

Reactions: Dr Pepper

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Here is the 1977 All-Star Game held at Yankees' Stadium. The reaction change from Rose to Seaver was possibly without equal in such a venue. Seaver, who I would guess is to the far left second row in that photo (cut off, behind Ron Cey) had been traded a few weeks prior by the Mets. Ken Griffey does not appear in that photo. The little known Gossage and Winfield to Yankees' fans at the time, too.

And the mention of the Pirates' cap above. Dave Parker wearing the black-and-yellow.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

The "Tams" were owned by Charlie Finley who owned the NHL Seals and baseball's A's at the time. The color scheme was consistent. The name was an acronym for the tri-state area of Tennessee-Arkansas-Mississippi. At least they were wise enough not to lead with Mississippi and ended with Tennessee. 'Mats would have been a dismal option. Or they could have foreseen the future and gone the ATM route. Then again, "the" in the team name on those sheets set the franchise apart in a way, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->